Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: freestyler8 - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

i had installed this plugin for use with vci-400 Freestyler with its S2L plugin. The is no way to route the s2l plugin to the vci soundcard. (only standard wave device and internal mic are offered)
What did i wrong? The VCI is configured as internal soundcard with Master 1+2 and Headphone 3+4

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 12:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This plugin doesn't use audio to communicate with FS.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 3:47 pm
ok....does it work with Freestylers DMX400?

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 3:36 am
The plugin sends S2L and command triggers to FreeStyler. If FreeStyler has external control commands for DMX400 then yes.

Posted Mon 09 Mar 15 @ 6:29 am
Hi SBDJ,

Just messaging to say thankyou for a great plugin. Would not of subscribed to VDJ if it weren't for this plugin (just a casual user as a hobby :) ).

A suggestion for another plugin would be to connect an effect to a strobe speed. eg. Loop length x = strobe speed of y. Now this maybe something that could be done with current plugin (still experimenting) and with many things like this it could be easier said than done. This is just a thought, as some DJ'ing and lighting effects will be spontaneous rather than a programmed show.

It would be interesting to know your thought's suggestion's

Posted Wed 11 Mar 15 @ 6:53 pm
djjon76PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi all.

Is there anyway to effectively half the bpm that is sent to freestyler?
Sometimes the bpm is high on a track and makes my scanners and moving head move to quick. Can I make freestyler see half the bpm, or a setting in the plugin?

Thanks.

Jonno.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 8:53 am
Not at present.

Posted Fri 20 Mar 15 @ 3:09 pm
Dear SBDJ,

I was trying to download your plugin but when I follow the link I can't access to the page, I have no accreditation, but I'm a registrered experienced member. It's only me or this plugin is only for some members?

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 2:01 am
mikatheghost wrote :
Dear SBDJ,

I was trying to download your plugin but when I follow the link I can't access to the page, I have no accreditation, but I'm a registrered experienced member. It's only me or this plugin is only for some members?

Since VDJ8 has come out, the categories are splitted in two, VDJ 7 and VDJ 8 plugins. That's why the link in post 1 is not functional anymore.

try this one:

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=other&search=freestyler8

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:17 am
Thank you very much, it's weird because I was looling in virtual Dj 8 plugins, and I also tried with the search engine.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:19 am
mikatheghost wrote :
Thank you very much, it's weird because I was looling in virtual Dj 8 plugins, and I also tried with the search engine.

You had to choose "VDJ8 plugins" then the category "Other" and then search for "freestyler8" :)

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:42 am
Yep, I probably did something wrong because now when I write Freestyler I find it. Thank you and sorry.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:44 am
mikatheghost wrote :
Yep, I probably did something wrong because now when I write Freestyler I find it. Thank you and sorry.

No problem! That's the power of this community :)

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 3:46 am
SBDJ wrote :
I'll add some user definable macros when I get a chance.

Hi Scott,
did you see a chance to implement these macros?
I am still useing VDJ7, because of this topic. Therefore, it would be nice to get these macros.
Thanks for your great work

Thomas

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 3:57 am
I want to add a number of Freestyler Scripts generated through the plugin to the sampler buttons. But I can't see how to achieve this, as they only seem to accept audio.

Is it not possible to assign commands to the Sampler buttons? Or is there another way to achieve this - essentially I just want quick access to a bunch of Freestyler commands to control my lighting through Virtual DJ (beyond the amazing POI controls within songs)

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 2:59 pm
The sampler buttons are for playing samples! Either audio or video.

What you probably need to use is custom buttons (although I don't know if they would work with Freestyler Scripts).

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 3:25 pm
Ijave a rig where i use a novation zero sl mk2 to control freestyler with a gemini g2v controlling virtual dj - both connected by usb to the laptop.

I have the zero sl ii mapped to freestyler patches and also to override buttons - works really well.

Any second controller can be set up this way with midi patching/mapping happening in the pc.

Posted Tue 23 Jun 15 @ 5:01 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Agreed, freestyler accepts commands sent through the plugin from mapped buttons.
There is a script command function in the plugin to help you build the syntax.

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 12:24 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Here is an example button for you.
I use this to send the blackout toggle command.
set $fsvalue 255 & set $fscommand 2

Posted Wed 24 Jun 15 @ 10:30 pm
Maybe someone here can PM me with instructions on even how to use this because I use ShowXpress and there's no plugin for that program still.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 15 @ 8:24 am
42%