Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

bagpuss wrote :
I'm really not sure why any DJ would value cover art?

Because I have dyslexia and pictures are easier to understand then words, think outside the box for a minute bro..........

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:03 pm
My priorities are, making money, which I am doing right now, with 8, for the third night. I am not spending my time looking at the art work. Normally, I wait till all the kinks have been sorted out, but the beta went so well for me, I jumped in. Terry, you know that there was only 7 of us working on the beta. One on each continent.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:08 pm
tjrj1PRO InfinityMember since 2012
muito bom o som é ótimo

EDIT: Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.
Please re-post your message in English.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:11 pm
First Impressions:
1) Sound is fantastic - even to these old ears! Just recorded a four song mini-mix, much cleaner
2) Love "custom buttons"
3) Having a bit of trouble with browser/sidelist - but will figure it out
4) Love the customization options on just about everything.
5) Config is much cleaner - intuitive
6) Footprint seems smaller - CPU use is much lower
7) CRASH REPORT: Using 4 decks, "Master" tab, "Master Effect" section, when clicking the up/down arrows or "GUI" - it crashed. Error would not duplicate - but still gets sluggish and CPU usage spikes when clicking up/down or GUI. (Windows 8.1 Pro)
8) Ok, I'll say it. Worth the wait!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:11 pm
Very good the sound is great

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:13 pm
2 questions 1st I see the limiter button but how do u disabled it I cant turn it off like in 7 , and also the mic button will not stay on in 8

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:14 pm
When will we have the manual VDJ8

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:16 pm
You can not turn the limiter off in V8.
This is to prevent distortion in your master audio output.

The mic button will not stay on, if you do not have a microphone set up in your audio configuration.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:17 pm
tjrj1 wrote :
When will we have the manual VDJ8

The manual is already on your computer:

/MyDocuments/VirtualDJ/

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:17 pm
jumbosom wrote :
Clipbank was replaced by the sampler. So far I found it very good! The problem here is that I have not found a way to run a video without its audio. If I turn off the volume of the sampler, the video does not appear because the alpha depends on the volume amount. There is a workaround?

Best regards.

Edited: I founded a way - just edit the sampler and clear AUDIO option. Work like a charm

how can we auto trig a visual when a non-video song is playing like previously in VDJ 7?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:39 pm
I am using the slideshow plugin. Config/Video/VideoaudioonlyVisualisation, select slideshow. Select slideshow in master effect. Use the gui for the slideshow, to select the files you want to use.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:51 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
I am using the slideshow plugin. Config/Video/VideoaudioonlyVisualisation, select slideshow. Select slideshow in master effect. Use the gui for the slideshow, to select the files you want to use.

This appears to be for mostly photos. I have video ads that I'd like to have played all the way through before the next ad is played. There doesn't seem to be options for this.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:04 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There isn't at this time.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:05 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :

How to do that using video files like Clipbank did?

Edit: answered by SBDJ

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:05 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Great job!!! Thank you!!!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:07 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There will be a solution to this, don't worry.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:07 pm
SBDJ wrote :
There will be a solution to this, don't worry.

No doubt about this!!

Thanks.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:19 pm
meh is all i can say.... seems overly complicated. i actually like the tablet skin better but i think ill be sticking w ver 7. just not my cup of tea.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:39 pm
wblairPRO InfinityMember since 2010
In VDJ 7, I could connect a video camera to my laptop and show videos of people dancing on a TV when I played a song that had no Video.

How is this done in version 8?

Thanks,

Dale

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:28 pm
The camera plugins are being reworked for VDJ 8 - they will come when they are ready!! :-)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:29 pm
21%