Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I am bothered by how difficult it is to get music onto this program. It didn't transfer anything over from 7. You can't even drag and drop music from anywhere!!! Wtf is that? I am thankful the filter sounds good, but there were better ones you could plug in on 7. Nice to have beatmasher (loop roll) come stock, but I was hoping for very exciting effects like in traktor. Still have yet to see how my controller will function with this. You can't double click the pitch fader and have it jump back to normal anymore. They seem to have mended the jumpiness of loops. Why in the hell would they kill the timeline!? I was soooo looking forward to that so that I could do some better edits. Scratching sounds nice. Chain effects is sweet. Can't wait to see some homebrew effects. It sure will take some real time to get this set up. I may continue to use 7 because I rely on my effects for transitions, and the reverb in this doesn't cut off the song when you move the wet all the way up. I dislike that you cannot kill the sound with the EQ. Clicking the waveform is quantized, but cuepoints are not. wtf is the point of that? A lot of big sighs with this release :( Will old plugins still work on this software? I am very disappointed with this update. :( Until I find a rather efficient way to get my music into the program and organized how I had it before, I don't know that I will want to use it.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:31 pm
The limiter is also hard as nails. Wow, does it make itself known.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:36 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djtouchdan wrote :
tjrj1 wrote :
When will we have the manual VDJ8

The manual is already on your computer:

/MyDocuments/VirtualDJ/

The manual that' s in there is VDJ7 not the version 8!!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:38 pm
Wow worth the wait indeed, really like the fact that you can get to the effect section on the main browser area, awesome.......

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:39 pm
VirtualDJ 8, does not natively support Denon DN-S1200s anymore! The Denon DN-S1200s are natively supported in VirtualDJ 7!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:41 pm

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:44 pm

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:49 pm
Yes we were unaware at the time that the Mac manuals were not installed to the equivalent locations of a PC. Never mind, got there in the end.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:51 pm
I was told a long time ago that "Good Things Come to Those Who Wait" They weren't kidding. I was Happy and at the same time Sad that Virtual DJ 8 was Released today. But on Mothers Day, I got to download it,and that was it (I was Happy),We had Family here all day,and it was driving me crazy knowing that I have Virtual DJ 8 on my computer and I can even play around with it until my Family left tonight (I was Sad). So, for the last 3 hours I have been searching around in the new version,. Two words. " Over Whelming. I plan on spending as much time as i can familiarizing myself with this New Version. I did read that you do not recommend using this version today Live at A Event. I would never think of doing something as crazy as that. I got A New Track Ball mouse for my computer before Controllers got popular and I used that at home for like 6 months until I was 100% comfortable with using it with Virtual DJ. That is just how I am. To sum it all up,I was VERY Impressed with The New Release of Version 8. Thank You ALL here at ATOMIX for doing a GREAT Job with virtual DJ. It was Well worth the Wait. Oh, and I did take the time To Read The NEW Manual. Lots of good information in there. I hope everyone else will to the same.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:11 pm
I noticed and it may be a small bug, but i cannot use sandbox with the vms2 skin loaded... Not a huge downside but I prefer my skin to look like my controller with all the features of the software available to me..

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:15 pm
Skins will need to be update to include things like sandbox.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:33 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
The camera plugins are being reworked for VDJ 8 - they will come when they are ready!! :-)

Tested and works

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:49 pm
The camera plugin works for me. The gui does not show anything, but I don't care. I know what camera I'm using. Maybe because it is the same camera and capture device I used with 7.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:50 pm
can someone tell me how to make the loop work like in v7 ? seems to loop on the 1 instead of looping exactly where i hit it like in v7

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:17 am
Looks cool!

However it doesn't look like it understands special letters like Æ, Ø and Å in the Danish alphabet. The letters are replaced by graphics, and the songs are marked as bad, and won't load

Best regards
Klaus Mogensen

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:49 am
Ok I'm sorry I'm not reading 9 pages LOL.
WOW guys this is great!! One simple feature that I don't think 7 had is being able to find a "broken" song or link and repair it. One of my playlists had the first tune name changed and I didn't fix it. I did with 8 by just right clicking and finding it. This will come in handy for me BIG TIME!! All in all I love it, samples area was a little tricky to figure out how to load and remove but I got it. Only thing I can't figure out it how to organize by Harmonic then BPM. I'll read the manual when I get a few minutes tho.

Thank you Very Very Much and well worth my relatively short wait.
Brendan

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:28 am
Well, I messed around with the Mac version for a few hours. It was looking good, thought I might switch to using the Mac version....... then....... crash to the Mac desktop for a few seconds then the video that was playing on the external screen appeared on the desktop by itself. No program interface. Had to kill the Mac to stop it playing.

So, went over to the PC side (bootcamped Mac). Installed the PC version and started tinkering with that version. Had a few problems with a blank screen going from one video to another, not solved yet. My main concern is my Virtual Folders have the Artist & Title but no other data like BPM, Key, Length, etc, They present an 'error' when trying to loading them into the players. They are fine on VDJ 7.

Gonna have some kip then come back with fresh eyes ;-)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:42 am
lucas569 wrote :
can someone tell me how to make the loop work like in v7 ? seems to loop on the 1 instead of looping exactly where i hit it like in v7

Turn off loop back in option or on the skin itself (expand the loop module to see it)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:16 am
djtouchdan wrote :
You can not turn the limiter off in V8.

Then why is there a button for it on the mixer master section? If there's a button, people will expect it to do something.

As mentioned, it was turnoffandonable in V7. It should be in V8 too.

I don't need my hand held. I know how to set levels and what distortion sounds like. I don't have a limiter on my PA system either, and that's a lot more expensive than VDJ. :-)

This word has come up before during feedback for V8........."optional". Give us the choice rather than force something on us.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:24 am
ajmchief1 wrote :
It didn't transfer anything over from 7.

It does. It automatically transfers info from your 7 database. I wonder, do you use an external drive for your music? Was it connected?

ajmchief1 wrote :
You can't double click the pitch fader and have it jump back to normal anymore.

You double click the dot that's located to the side of the centre position. It's in the manual on page 12.

ajmchief1 wrote :
you cannot kill the sound with the EQ.

Yes you can. You need to enable it via config first.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:34 am
24%