Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

As it has been said skins that were not written for version 7 might not work correctly on v8.
Their creators will have to update them

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:59 pm
Looks Good... but the only thing im missing is the inverted waveform.... waveform on the top going from left to right

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:07 pm
moltesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The disturbing thing at first is the options menu. Complete but not intuitive :D

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:14 pm
DOA on my computer. 7 works. 8 not so much. Loads up. Won't play a song. Stuck in a hesitation and then gives an error. Running Vista. Will it run on Vista? Just my test computer . Home desktop. But strange. Like its stuck in a loop and buzzes.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:20 pm
Clipbank was replaced by the sampler. So far I found it very good! The problem here is that I have not found a way to run a video without its audio. If I turn off the volume of the sampler, the video does not appear because the alpha depends on the volume amount. There is a workaround?

Best regards.

Edited: I founded a way - just edit the sampler and clear AUDIO option. Work like a charm

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:40 pm
bigvPRO InfinityMember since 2007
First impression: Ouch 2/10

With all the waiting and anticipation for the new version to rollout, seems like this 'Pre-Release' move to VDJ8 is not working at all well for me. What a big disappointment in terms of seamless transition from VDJ7 - *place very big expletive here*

1] Had to sort out the hardware configuration for sound cards & external mixer etc, pain in the proverbial sorting that out again - had everything working nicely in 7. . . assumed the settings would be automatically updated???

2] Curious to know why, but it appears I have to be logged in [ online ] for my 'Pro User' status to be recognised every time I start up VDJ8. If I log out, my 'Pro User' status evaporates and I get messages about purchasing external mixer / hardware license - what up with that?

3] My Numark DMC2 controller cannot use the onboard FX anymore - selecting break / backspin et al produces numerous 'plug-in errors' + 'blah blah blah not recognised in this version' and so on. . .

4] Once these pop-up errors occur, the DMC2 becomes nothing more than a nice mantelpiece ornament . . . *place doubly very big expletives here*

Conclusion: Will be sticking to the trusty & reliable VDJ7 version for the foreseeable future - this 8 experience has not been at all nice for me - a total buzz kill =(

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:43 pm
bigv wrote :
it appears I have to be logged in [ online ] for my 'Pro User' status to be recognised every time I start up VDJ8.

Only if you log out or use 8 on another computer before using it again.

Once you log in, if that computer is offline (at a gig for example) it won't ask you to log in again and will retain the registration.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 5:46 pm
djpuppyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sorry if I missed it in the forum but just curious why 8 won't recognize the songs that I've played in 7? All my music is on an external hard drive.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:06 pm
Won't recognise them? Can you give a bit more detail?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:07 pm
djpuppyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Guess what I'm asking is when I've played something in 7 it's at the top of the list when I open the folder. I'm curious why that list didn't carry over to 8? I've tried clicking on the same spot next as you would in 7 but doesn't work.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:11 pm
This is how you beta test a program.. having half a dozen guys on it will take 3 years. But if we all work together to highlight out the bugs it will be sorted soon.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:41 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Charlie, there were well more than half a dozen guys. I understand your frustration but, half a dozen guys is not a fair assessment.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:42 pm
The sound is excellent, please change the EQ sound and frecuency like Serato....

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:56 pm
You can change the EQ settings. It was possible in V7 too. :-)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:57 pm
config -> options -> select advanced checkbox -> search 'EQ'

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 6:58 pm
Manual located in Documents/ VirtualDJ/User guide.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:01 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The sound engine and the master tempo are amazing....that I'm very thankful for, but that's where my enthusiasm ends I'm afraid.

The new skin is really the low light of the release for me, and I think the more discerning users will agree with me. It kind of killed the hype, I'm really not sure why any DJ would value cover art? It's ugly and a waste of space. Having the VDJ7 skin on hand is a saving grace...but the bottom half remains V8 and the text is a complete mess on the eye. You've created a great skin 'engine' and wasted it with this design imo.

It's a new program and the learning curve is bound to be frustrating, but mine are a long list...I'm going to need a good nights sleep, some good food and some fresh air to digest all this and try to bring to words my frustrations, I bet you can't wait.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:18 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Finally plays my native flac files w/ tags. Now I need to redo my library. Thanks, I think... :)

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:23 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Bren, you know better than most, we have some very skilled skinners here. I'm sure someone will create a skin more to your liking. In my humble opinion, worrying about the default skin is way down on the list of priorities.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:42 pm
some mappings i made to swap decks with timecodes are not working with VDJ 8 (i use a DDM4000 Behringer), the scratch is also lacking of precision in the sound . I use a MOTU Firewire 828.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 7:58 pm
18%