Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Well... just tried it with my SCS.1D stanton midi turntables.... they were working great with VDJ 7.4. Now if I hold the vinyl while starting the track, the track starts regardless until I move the record. That's not going to work for me... Also it assigns deck 1 to deck 2, and deck 2 to deck one. I go and change the assignments, hit the save button in hopes it will remember... and it never does. That was not a problem with 7.4 either. Also, it crashes in about 30 seconds of playing a track. Just using 2 SCS.1D midi turntables and a Native Instruments Audio 2 sound card.... external mixer. I did find how to apply my custom maping to it that I was using in 7.4, but either way, same problems.

Will have to try it on my American DJ VMS4.1 and Versadeck, hopefully it works better with those.... but really needed it hear. I guess I will be staying with 7.4 for a long while yet, unless I can find some solutions here. Seems pretty buggy to me so far. I'll keep digging as I have time...

I'd be interested to hear from Numark V7 and NS7 owners...

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:15 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Don't see it address here, but can both 7 & 8 play nice together? In other words, plug ins & mappers won't be shared between? And does it share the same registry?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:17 pm
ewitles wrote :
Don't see it address here, but can both 7 & 8 play nice together?

Should be fine - i have both installed with no issues!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:18 pm
POSSIBLE BUG ALERT:

Right click on a track and reanalyze BPM, then load the track into a deck and see what you hear... Loud POP.

UPDATE: After restart, can not reproduce.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:18 pm
No pop for me - does it happen everytime?? Even after a restart?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:19 pm
gbeulPRO InfinityMember since 2007
nice shot.
just 3 questions:
1. beatgrids: what is the command to set_beatgrid (you have a get_beatgrid) is there a command like in v7 editing beat1 and to beat2 or a command set_first_beat

2. disable cover show in browser (i dont need them)

3. error Files( i have an playlist were all my moved files go to (ispresent=0) but i can only fix it one by one.
any way to do it as a batch (relocate lost files)?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:20 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
A couple BPM's are off

Right click your track in the browser and use the BPM Editor.

Line the red marker up to the first beat, then drag the grey lines to align with the other beats/peaks (grab between any two grey lines).

Use the metronome click to check if it's in time.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:21 pm
Thanks Dan... can not reproduce after restart. I will see if it returns.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:22 pm
gbeul wrote :

In config, set coverFlow to no, or just drag the browser up to hide them.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:24 pm
grovindj--- PERFECT explanation! Thank you!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:24 pm
WOW!!!
I wake up after a 3 hour nap after playing with it a few hours and there's already an update?
they can tweak fixes that fast??!!

maybe that 8 isn't an 8. I can see it being an infinity symbol if you guys are going to have fixes THAT FAST.

plug-ins writers going to be playing catch-up ball for a bit but I expected that.
have already tested recording both audio and video - audio works great for me as always and the video recording has huge improvement but was still a little jerky and there were a couple drags during recording. will try some tweaks on machine here and see if I can work around.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:25 pm
gbeul wrote :
nice shot.
just 3 questions:
1. beatgrids: what is the command to set_beatgrid (you have a get_beatgrid) is there a command like in v7 editing beat1 and to beat2 or a command set_first_beat

3. error Files( i have an playlist were all my moved files go to (ispresent=0) but i can only fix it one by one.

1. If you line up your first beat in the rhythm view - then press TAP once that will set your first beat. - you can also use the BPM Editor to set beatgrid - Rightclick on TAP for this.

2. Just drag up from just under the coverview to hide it.

3. Have you tried database repair?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:26 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
djniots wrote :
6)When you apply an effect such as flanger, you see the vu meter goes to the top and makes distortion.

You shouldn't have distorsion with the limiter...

djmagicmoments wrote :
There is a noticeable audio glitch when quickly scanning the following buttons, left to right and right to left between "Famous" and "Instruments".

I confirm this point

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:32 pm
gbeul wrote :
nice shot.
just 3 questions:

1) beat_tap If you use it once it moves the main block of the CBG (primary beat)
Also adjust_cbg +1 -1 +0.5 e.t.c. still works as in v7

2) Click under the covers so that you can drag and resize the coverflow zone and move it all way up. When coverflow is set 0 pixels in height it disables

3) I don't think it's possible to run this at batch

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:33 pm
Back to BPM'ing... can anyone please explain the "TAP" button and how it works?

I tap it and it is all over the place.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:36 pm
You can also disable the cover showing when you drag tracks to decks.

All we need now is to get rid of the covers in the top corners, either side of the rhythm wave.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:38 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
Back to BPM'ing... can anyone please explain the "TAP" button and how it works?

I tap it and it is all over the place.

Use the Tap buttons to set the downbeats (every 4)

Line up the first one in the rhythm view - press TAP
Move the waveform to line up the 2nd - press TAP

The rest of the track and the BPM is calculated as you do this. Normally twice is enough but you can repeat until you are happy!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:45 pm
Paulm72PRO InfinityMember since 2014
speedymany2k wrote :
just started using VDJ 8 and noticed this on mix lab V3.1 skin unless it's taken it from my VDJ 7 skins and not yet laced on the skin correctly.

same here, i love that skin too :(

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:54 pm
I have a bunch of stuff to mention. Things need to be changed/added/improved. For starters it has pretty much broken my custom mapper from v7. But there is more so I will have to wait until I get to know the interface better before I start listing stuff I like and dislike with the new version. One quickie though.

Is there any way to enable the 'roll' option on all decks by default at startup?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
A lot of us loved Format's skins. He was very gifted. His new job, sadly, keeps him very busy. Hopefully, he'll get some time and, decide to create a new masterpiece for us to use with v8.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 4:59 pm
16%