Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] VirtualDJ 8 Pre-Release - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The old way was one click to change. Easily visible and accessible.

Now it's FOUR (click edit, click loop or drop button, click close, save changes) and only available in the list mode if you have the "edit" header enabled.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:18 pm
You can access the sample editor from the example pads actually.

I did post this somewhere else where you had asked the same thing.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:26 pm
I will assume the answer is yes but just in case something has changed. Will 8 still support the controllers shown on 7.4.1 list?
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ%20Controllers.html

Second question, will there be any additions to the plug in list shown at the bottom of the above mentioned controller list page? I am more interested in the flagship decks of Denon, SC2900s and SC3900s.

The following units are officially supported but require Mapping files installation from our Plugin Download Page. These will be added in next software release.
Note : The following devices can not be tested with Home Free version, as the mapping files are reserved to Pro Full licensed users

• Denon MC6000-MK2
• Pioneer DDJ-SB
• Pioneer DDJ-SR
• Pioneer DDJ-SP1
• Numark NS7II

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:39 pm
Hmm,quite busy here,and no I havent installed v8 yet.waiting for the storm to clear Lol..this actually caught me adding bpm's and tags on my database after i made the mistake of using respawn for something that was'nt even wrong... but then I've been practicing scratching on my first pressure sensitive platters and was about to make my first video in over a year..so my question is...is this 4 deck ready?...thnx guys....

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:20 pm
I was able to download virtual dj 8 and now it will not let me log in i have numark virtualvinyl pro so i can not unlock nothing timecode only work for ten min what can i do for this problem .
iI do not have to pay for and upgrade right i have the pro version it just numark virtualvinyl. help

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:06 pm
Anyone know how to disable or turn off live feedback recommends in vdj 8..

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:14 pm
angelt99 wrote :
I was able to download virtual dj 8 and now it will not let me log in i have numark virtualvinyl pro so i can not unlock nothing timecode only work for ten min what can i do for this problem .
iI do not have to pay for and upgrade right i have the pro version it just numark virtualvinyl. help

Please read: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Scroll down a little bit)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:30 pm

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:30 pm
Cant open up the software on a Mac. It says Error. Check the Version of OS you are using. I am running snow Leopard. I downloaded it twice and i get the same thing. I have a Macbook pro 2.2 i7 Quadcore with 16 gigs of ram and a solid state Hd. Video card is Radeon 6750 1 gig.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:40 pm
Minimum requirement is Lion 10.7

Recommended 10.9 Mavericks

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:44 pm
MPProdPRO InfinityMember since 2010
The compatible songs folder is not coming up in my browser

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:46 pm
That's a beauty. Love it.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:22 pm
I noticed that when I load a mp3 the sandbox works but if i load a mp4 the sandbox does not work , or am i doing something wrong ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:05 pm
from the manual I think sandbox is mp3 only not video
Read Documentation C: user/ documents/ VDJ/ User manual/ sandbox

Note. Sandbox will not operate in the following cases :
- You are using an External analogue mixer (Audio Setup is configured as an external mixer)
- You're already in the middle of a mix (more than one song is playing out on Master).
- You have effects, samples or loop playing on the "active" song.
- You're playing video tracks.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:23 pm
can someone please do me the solid and change the top of the skin to be black instead of half silver and half black... I cant see the wave form well or maybe even tell me how to change the waveform color. anyone|?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 11:07 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
pumpitentertainment wrote :
I noticed that when I load a mp3 the sandbox works but if i load a mp4 the sandbox does not work , or am i doing something wrong ?

currently sandbox works with audio only...

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:36 am
Great job guys

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:04 am
this was fun to play with cant wait to try it out at a gig

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:36 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
please keep in mind that this is still a beta...;-)

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:45 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
thetracker510 wrote :
Hmm,quite busy here,and no I havent installed v8 yet.waiting for the storm to clear Lol..this actually caught me adding bpm's and tags on my database after i made the mistake of using respawn for something that was'nt even wrong... but then I've been practicing scratching on my first pressure sensitive platters and was about to make my first video in over a year..so my question is...is this 4 deck ready?...thnx guys....

4 deck skin should work fine.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:05 am
53%