Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: LIMITER Indicator implemented in skins - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sure!
I will release it later in the evening. Just a question though:
Do you want me to just release the code I use or you want a code that you can just paste on a standard skin ?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 2:42 am
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 6:15 am
groovindj wrote :
I'd like to to use a red flashing dot over each meter to show limiting.

Is there a way of specifying a particular font character? Maybe Wingdings 0x4C or 0x6C or 0x78?

Can I have an answer please?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 8:54 am
I think you are better off adding a small red circle to the BMP, just use Paint Brush in windows. As a matter of fact most likely your preferred skin already has a red dot somewhere in there, look for it and determine its dimensions and location (down), also determine the locations of where u want the dots to appear (pos), then use this for each channel:

Level Limiter Indicator
-----------------------
<panel id="limiter_on" group="grp_deckX_limiter" visible="deck X get limiter ? true : false">
<size width="45" height="16"/>
<pos x="768" y="7"/>
<down x="1096" y="966"/>
</panel>

This snippet of code assumes you are putting the dot over the plain background of the skin and not over a pannel or animated element, give it a try.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 12:13 pm
zacek100, your code works only if you have an external mixer ! Otherwise only the master limiter work (there is no limiter by deck), and the code is :

<visual pannel="AudioMixer" source="get limiter 'master'">
<size width="13" height="7"/>
<pos x="1815" y="222"/>
<up x="1815" y="2205"/>
<down x="392" y="1041"/>
</visual>

PhantomDeejay, I test your code. Thanks !!

[EDIT] I don't anderstand your code. I test it but the result is inconsistent... can you send me an exemple in a skin (I can give you a mail by mp)

Posted Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 5:40 pm
That is what I though, but the code floating around includes all channels plus master, I only find the master channel useful so far, maybe because I use the VDJ mixer.

what are the limiter options for the internal mixer? master only?

Posted Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 6:11 pm
sorry for my english, I am french.

If you use an external mixer, then you have a deck 1 limiter + a deck 2 limiter + a deck 3 limiter etc... and you have a master limiter.

the code I find for a deck limiter is :
<visual source="deck 1 get limiter">
<size width="16" height="7"/>
<pos x="288" y="367"/>
<down x="391" y="1031"/>
</visual>

but I don't make enough test to be sure that it's work. (I have an external Audio card and a DJM600).
With just 2 techno song I see the deck 1 limiter light on but not the limiters of the other decks ! Thus that means that there is indeed several limiters. To confirm !

However you don't have an external limiter, you have just the master limiter.

Posted Fri 07 Dec 12 @ 6:59 pm
PhantomDeejay, I test a lot of possibilities but I don't anderstand your code. Can you help me ?

Posted Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 5:55 am
I will try to create a small sample skin for you and send it over. Please PM me your e-mail address.
I would have send you the entire OSD skin but I'm afraid that you'll get lost in it's 9200 lines of code... :P

Posted Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 7:03 am
It is not a problem, on my skin I have now 8200 lines and it's not finishes ^^
You can send !! ;)

Thank you very much for your help and for the time which you grant me.
I send you au mp with my e-mail adress.

Posted Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 7:54 am
I finally understood your code (after hours of searches and test!). It is very ingenious !! Bravo !!
But I would have liked knowing what colors you chose to have a beautiful result ?

I use this for the moment :

but it's not brilliant...

Posted Wed 12 Dec 12 @ 10:10 am
It is good, I managed alone.

I notice that there is not a lot of help in the English forum, compared with the French !

Posted Thu 13 Dec 12 @ 10:46 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)