Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: the virtualdj later whether to support the Numark 4TRAK [mapper available] - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Switch the Output channels.

1+2 should be master output
3+4 for Headphones

Greets, Heiko

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 12:41 pm
Ok,

found the issue on the MAC ;-))

It's fully working !!! You need to install the latest driver from Numark to use it.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Fri 28 Jun 13 @ 1:27 pm
That did the trick. Everything seems to work. Thank you again for support.

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 12:39 pm
Stupid problem. Without the driver my MAC only see the FX unit ;-)

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 12:49 pm
Hello Heiko, could you help me? i just bought the Numark 4trak, and i want it to work with vdj....i browsed this thread, but i can't fnd a download link...

i hope you can help me.

thanks!!

Posted Sat 29 Jun 13 @ 3:41 pm

Posted Wed 10 Jul 13 @ 9:39 am
ZablarPRO InfinityMember since 2011
How well does 4Trak work with VDJ? I'm thinking of buying it as it's IMO one of the best controllers out there, a ns6 with a extra FX panel and for a much better price. Could some one please post a more detaled demo which includes showing off the platter response?

First I tried using my Denon dn-x600 as a soundcard for a DVS system for VDJ, latency was way off and did not work well. I bought the A6 soundcard/setup (to get traktor as a backup incase VDJ didnt work well) and VDJ doesnt support the Traktor mk2 vinyl (No I will not downgrade to a older timecode vinyl when it works superb on TSP2).

If I end up buying a controller that doesnt work well with VDJ I might as well go Traktor all the way as VDJ doesnt seem to like any of my hardware choices lol.. Sure A6 and 4Trak is Traktor based products but still, VDJ is the software not locked to any hardware. Think Ive given VDJ plenty of chances.

Posted Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 4:41 pm
I had no issues when mapping the device so everythig should work as expected. Maybe one of the "users" could post his feelings about the device ?

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 11:19 pm
got a numark 4trak, would love to use the VDJ. one good thing I love about the VDJ is the unlimited contend. I read the forum and paid attention to all the different remarks, will try the mapping tomorrow and let you know how it turns up.

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 1:38 am
Hey jakovski

Kindly help me with the mapping
I see the instructions but, dont know how to go about mapping. can you please show me how to input the mapping.
thanks.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 4:13 am
All you need is to download the zip file from the website and put the 2 files in the VDJ folders on your disc.

\Documents\Virtual DJ\Mappings - for the mappinng files (2x)

and

\Documents\Virtual DJ\Devices - for the definition files (2x)

As the mapping files have the string "mapping" in their name you can easy seperate them.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 4:26 am
My windows Works perfect, Thanks.
I am having problem mapping my MAC pro

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 9:25 pm

found the issue on the MAC ;-))

"It's fully working !!! You need to install the latest driver from Numark to use it."

is there a specific one to install, just got device and is less than 3 weeks,

thanks

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 9:29 pm
You need to install the OSX driver to use the device. It looks like it needs it's own MIDI driver to work correct on OSX.

With best wishes,
VirtualDJ Support Team

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 11:44 pm
ive downloaded the mappings from vdj site but am now totally lost where do these files go?

Posted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 10:38 am
Look up (four posts above yours).

Posted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 10:51 am
ive got it going seems fantastic only draw back no pfl meters :)

Posted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 12:16 pm
Hi got the mappings working its great but there is a massive lag on everything from slidders to jog wheel and cross fader and cue buttons is there something i need to do many thanks

Posted Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 12:40 pm
just picked up a 4TRAK... I really dont like the bundled TRIKTOR that it comes with, miss my VDJ... i have an RMX and ERGO so I have yet to purchase the full copy, just LE still... I am willing to spend the money if I could maybe get a little feedback from some users. I noticed the last post said there was a lag. what kind of lag? did you resolve it? what works? what doesnt? does the mapping feel like a controller native to VDJ? Also can anyone confirm if I upgrade to full PRO 7, will I also get a complimentary update to 8 and so on? Keep up the fantastic work VDJ...

thanx ya'll

Posted Tue 08 Oct 13 @ 8:27 pm
Sorry but i can't answer your questions because i send back the device after mapping it 6 or 8 weeks ago - was loan for the mapping.

Can't remember any kind of lag here.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 09 Oct 13 @ 12:09 pm
80%