Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: VirtualDJ Playlist Fixer - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry for the crashes.

It is fixed now :)

Posted Tue 01 Nov 11 @ 5:15 pm
Hi Jeremie,

Just downloaded the latest version 1.2.0.13 and it's still crashing.

Keith

Posted Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 1:47 pm
Hi Keith,

Do you get an error message?

Posted Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 4:43 pm
when you click to select the vdj folder it just displays the win7 program has stopped working dialogue.

Keith

Posted Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 4:34 am
Thank, I'll look into it.

Posted Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 5:31 am
ajpro99PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Does this tool work for pulling up the "hot cue" points in the playlists?

If so, can you explain how to do so?

I recently purchased a new laptop and moved my mp3's to the new laptop from the old laptop.

I moved my playlists too but I don't have the "hot cue" points on the mp3's on the new laptop.

Posted Mon 14 Nov 11 @ 10:29 pm
Hi,

To keep all cues, you must first copy the database file from the old computer to the new one.
The database file is located in Documents/VirtualDJ/VirtualDJ Database v6.xml

Then open VirtualDJ, in the folder list, select your top music folder then right-click and select "Recurse".

Open VirtualDJ settings, on the Browser tab, click on "check", "clean", "fix".

Finally, use the playlist fixer.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 2:39 am
Dude, I tried what you said and followed it step by step and it only worked for a small amount of songs.

Virtual DJ needs to supply step by step instructions on how to transfer ALL data or mp3's properly from old laptop to new laptop including the cue points of each mp3.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 1:04 pm
If the file path name is the same and you put the music in the SAME NAMED folder on the new laptop you'll have no problems.

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 2:42 pm
Gotcha...

Well unfortunately my old laptop was designed to have 2 internal HD's and so I couldn't put all my mp3's on the C drive. I had to use the D drive also.

My new laptop has enough space on the C drive to have all my mp3's on this one this HD.

I think this is the problem I'm encountering and it looks like I have to reset all my cue points for the songs that were on the D drive of my old laptop which totally sucks!

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 2:50 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
ajpro99 wrote :
Gotcha...

Well unfortunately my old laptop was designed to have 2 internal HD's and so I couldn't put all my mp3's on the C drive. I had to use the D drive also.

My new laptop has enough space on the C drive to have all my mp3's on this one this HD.

I think this is the problem I'm encountering and it looks like I have to reset all my cue points for the songs that were on the D drive of my old laptop which totally sucks!

No, You Don't,.... All you need to do is open the previous database with notepad find D:\ and replace with E:\ or whatever your new drive is and you'll get everything working again..., But the Directory Folder or Sub-folders Name HAS TO BE THE SAME as in your Old Drive...That's it your Done..

Good Luck,

Joey....

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 4:58 pm
thanks for this

Posted Tue 15 Nov 11 @ 7:40 pm
Hi Jeremie,

Not sure if you've had a chance to look at the tool, but I have downloaded again and it's still crashing.

Keith

Posted Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 2:49 pm
Keith did you change the location of your VirtualDJ folder?

Is it still in Docouments/VirtualDJ or somewhere else?

Posted Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 3:29 pm
Still in the same place.

Keith

Posted Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 3:33 pm

Posted Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 3:55 pm
In case or if your having problems transferring all your playlists and/or cue points from your old laptop to your new laptop, read the following instructions. This worked for me.. thanks to DJ Dad!

btw these instructions are for PC's only.

Assuming you had your music in 2 different Hard Drives C: and D: on your old computer. That means that you had 2 databases.
One xml file called VirtualDJ Local Database v6 in the root directory of D: and one xml file called VirtualDJ Database v6 located in C:\Users\Myusername\MyDocuments\Virtualdj folder.

On your new computer all your music files are located on C:. So you need only 1 database file which must include both the old ones. So you need to merge those databases somehow.

First your music files must have similar folder structure. So if a song was located in D:\Music\Classics\ABBA\Abba-Dancing Queen.mp3 the file must be now at C:\Whatever path you have \..\Music\Classics\ABBA\Abba-Dancing Queen.mp3
If that is possible, then all you need to do is edit the old Local database on your D: Disk using Notepad or similar software and replace ..
D:\ with C:\Whatever path you have \..\
Save the xml file.

If the songs of the new C drive have also different path comparing the old C: Drive, you need to repeat the above procedure for the Database of the C: Drive.

Once you have the databases ready, its time to merge them.

Copy the old C: Database xml file to your new MyDocuments\Virtualdj Folder and replace the existing one
Open the Local database (on D:) and copy all the lines you find in there except the first and the last one.
Open the Database you have on C: goto the end of the file and paste the lines you have copied, just 1 line before the last one.
Save the Database file.

Open Virtualdj, and your cues will be there for you. If not, rightclick on C:..choose Add to search DB, then goto Config->Browser-> Click on C Drive and do Check , Clean and Fix with that order.

Hope that will help others too.

IMPORTANT: Before trying all the above, make sure you backup all your database files you have (old and new ones).

Once you re done with this , you can use the Playlist Fixer Plugin of JeremK to recover all your playlists links

Posted Thu 17 Nov 11 @ 5:28 pm
Still not working ...... I'm running Windows 7 x64.

It also now comes up with a messge in French about being a demo or limited version?

Keith

Posted Mon 21 Nov 11 @ 6:57 am
Damn just found this GREAT TOOL but it's crashing for me as well! :-(
I'm on 32bit Win7 and running VDJ 7.0.4 Pro
It happens the minute I click on the button named "Select VirtualDJ Folder" at the top left of the program window. It's the standard windows error message and when I click on the button named" view problem details" I get the following info if it helps:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Fix Playlists.exe
Application Version: 1.2.2.14
Application Timestamp: 4c3f6d22
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdadb
Exception Code: c0150010
Exception Offset: 0008174f
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e8ad
Additional Information 2: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863
Additional Information 3: e8ad
Additional Information 4: e8adce1c2b9e7be834b4063ac3c53863

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Posted Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 7:42 pm
btw it would be great to see this sort of thing come standard on VDJ 8 "outta the box"

Posted Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 7:43 pm
66%