Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hopefully removing those presets will resolve that. I will give it another run at my weekend gigs to see for sure.

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 2:05 pm
Yeah,noticed that too.thought it was my computer lol.I think the amount of time might be directly related to the amount set at the controllers.nonetheless there where similarities to my sonique files (the ones with bitmap images) which would just not load unless reloaded manually..

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 2:47 pm
Oh OH...just ran into fatal error...I was resizing (and rewiting the xml for the browser fonts on Dads new skin (multiFX)HD and closing and opening virtual dj to see the change which wasnt happening. I clicked on showlogo basically to activate video and milkdrops and its stuck in fatal error.so what do i do? I just cleaned the regitry with the Registry tool since it looks like its stuck but having to reboot the Aliewnware.also i so something about a "Runtime error".man..I havent seen these in years so whethere its the showlogo or a combination..what you think scott?

Posted Wed 11 Dec 13 @ 11:43 pm
O.k....so its not the milkdrops....its the show logo.now i remember running upon this problem.looks like if activated from the browser then if i activated on the effects/mixer section..the fatal error occurs...sorry Scott,not to "jam u up" but whats the problem with this?

Posted Sun 15 Dec 13 @ 8:25 pm
I think we blame windows 8.1 on the logo issue. cause the last time I had used any of them was before the "update" and now they no work. but I need to get a second monitor again for more testing. had to give my son's back for homework and stuff.

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 12:41 am
I'll have a look - my dev machine is 8.1

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 5:20 am
OK, working fine on 8.1 here. You're gonna have to give me a walkthrough on your issue tracker.

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 5:26 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
I think we blame windows 8.1 on the logo issue. cause the last time I had used any of them was before the "update" and now they no work. but I need to get a second monitor again for more testing. had to give my son's back for homework and stuff.

So...recent updates on VDJ and/or plugings are for Windows 8 compability?..that might be it.but I've ran into this 2 years ago and just figured it was what I mentioned up top.so I try not to activate from the mixer panels.but I forgot...Lol...cant remember but..was'nt there a deal with not using the controllers on the browser section any longer? that it was to be all relocated to the main panels?..(I mean,I think that would be a mess but...)...so this could be in the xml routings?

Posted Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 6:01 pm
Personally I've never activated video effects from the skin section as it limits you to one at a time. I've always used browser or script.

Posted Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 7:45 pm
SBDJ wrote :
Personally I've never activated video effects from the skin section as it limits you to one at a time. I've always used browser or script.

yes,for the most part..I use the Browser.what happens its that you are trying to keep the Logo on top by reactivating after say going from milkdrops or Sonique visuals to Clipbank,the Show logo gets overlayed and meanwhile youre jugglin tracks...but it might have something to do with the skin I use? I'm using my Bruno"s RMX moded to 4 decks? it has the two effects activators on the screen area...

Posted Fri 27 Dec 13 @ 11:39 pm
O.k. all working on my XP drive on the Alienware which I had\'nt run in a while cause of malware/adware.was running windows 7 when it got the malware as well,then went on a attack mission and cleaned up both systems.had to upgrade everything on the XP only to find out that microsoft is dropping support for XP on march \'14...jeez...anyway then the system wouldnt let me open VDJ.forgot how I fixed that but there was an issue with the system Lagging,it needed new thermal paste around the proccessor,fixed!..O.k. so I didnt get the \"Fatal Error\" on this system but I\'ve noticed something that I\'ve forgoten to mention years back....why does the file paths on video effects get memorized for Each effect?..dont want to hijack my own thread Lol so I will open a new thread on this topic..look for it guys..

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 6:20 pm
O.K...I just deleted the "Bad " presets on the system I had downloaded the milkdrops first,but I see two folders with presets (and went ahead and deleted again) a second folder named "presets" inside the folder named Milkdrops (VirtualDj/plugins/milkdrops/presets)...but the other folder its named "milkdrops presets" its in the plugins folder (VirtualDj/plugins/milkdrop presets)..is this normal?...I had downloaded it again thinking that now they are sorted and the new copy would erase the first copy of the plugin..(yeah forgot what you mentioned in the post)...do i have too many preset folders?....will the system get an upset stomach,overdose on milkdrops?...he,he

Posted Sun 05 Jan 14 @ 8:07 pm
...I don't get it. suddenly they're working again. @$%@#$. more later on the saga of the logo

Posted Wed 08 Jan 14 @ 7:27 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
...I don't get it. suddenly they're working again. @$%@#$. more later on the saga of the logo

Which Showlogo version "Wild"?...the old one is the one that has crashed on me,the new one,not yet....

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 1:46 am
all I did was download and install showlogo 1.0 and they all started working again. show logo, cut logo, cut logo slide, logo grow slide, logo slide

weird. not complainin'. just weird.

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 3:39 am
hmm,strange...maybe they are codepandant on each other? just theory but scott needs to check version 2 after deleting version one.something to do with the direct-x versions?

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 4:07 pm
didn't change anything else, didn't mess with directx, no new downloads except the showlogo v1.0 and that one is by dj cel? going to try something after work with changing logo from VDJ logo to something else and see what happens.

Posted Thu 09 Jan 14 @ 7:07 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
didn't change anything else, didn't mess with directx, no new downloads except the showlogo v1.0 and that one is by dj cel? going to try something after work with changing logo from VDJ logo to something else and see what happens.

tried that...as I had the disappearing image on showlogo+ happen last nite.if you use a lower resolution skin than your system is running then when you stretch the skin to size the plugin wont follow and the image disappear as if its "out of range" if you get what I mean. when i then loaded the proper resolution skin..the image came back...I've reported it to scott...hope he can fix this..wasted 15 mins tryting to fix it last nite..

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 3:41 pm
for me that wasn't it. tried different skins and resolutions and had same results both before and after getting them back. a real head scratcher.

but on the plus side: milkdrop. I let this sucker run overnight with volume turned off and just stared at the visuals while drifting off to sleep and nothing happened.

daddy likey.

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 9:20 pm
Ahnn,visual stimulus,sorta like the sounds of the ocean,to go to sleep...I get ya..;)

Posted Tue 28 Jan 14 @ 9:45 pm
73%