Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Haha, I thought you might say that. I really hope the Mac side gets some love when drops, this is just getting old now.

Posted Wed 27 Nov 13 @ 8:00 pm
Meanwhile...use with windows......imao

Posted Thu 28 Nov 13 @ 5:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Haha, I thought you might say that. I really hope the Mac side gets some love when drops, this is just getting old now.

I've been releasing Mac versions of my plugins where possible so that's a bit unfair. My Mac is currently not powering on - hopefully it'll be resolved soon and I can continue again!

Posted Thu 28 Nov 13 @ 7:31 pm
meanwhile, back in the batcave...

you might be past beta. I could not get it to do anything bad. the only issue I have is with my damn computer not wanted to record the video smoothly. shot some video with phone in hand as I took off internal recording but its shaky and I don't have anything else handy to record into. working on that.

while playing straight audio out, every audio and video plugin I used worked perfectly. I really could not get it to misbehave in any way. only thing I can think of left to do now is to let it run overnight or something. recording was still a tad on the drag and stutter but not as bad as last time

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 6:38 am
For those with the beta copy, the version has been updated (same download link):

* Some changes to the milkdrop code
* Changed preset folder from Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\MilkDrop\presets to Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\MilkDrop Presets
* Removal of other data that was previously installed alongside presets such as shader data (now embedded into plugin)
* Now displays currently playing preset in the plugin GUI

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 10:50 am
guess I spoke too soon.

logo plug-ins will not work completely for some reason. downloaded and reinstalled just to put them to default and they still aren't working with milkdrop. the behavior for the transition is still there but the logo itself isn't showing.

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 3:36 pm
ShowLogo and ShowLogo+ I assume?

Sounds like I've missed a state reset somewhere, I will do some checking.

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 5:23 pm
Tested with ShowLogo+ and had no issue, everything seemed to work. Let me know how to replicate please :)

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 6:15 pm
Hmm,Show logo working here...no problems...

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 7:17 pm
was using mixlab skin but switched to default vdj to try and replicate. same results. and while NOT running milkdrop.

going to look at a couple things then get back with you.

its only the transition logo plug-ins Scott everything else works. just spent 15 minutes going through all the transition plug-ins.

cut logo
cut logo slide
spdj logoslide
logo slide

Posted Mon 02 Dec 13 @ 7:51 pm
I will investigate those then :)

Posted Tue 03 Dec 13 @ 2:22 am
dfyffePRO InfinityMember since 2003
Scott can I get a copy of the beta version. Thanks.

Posted Fri 06 Dec 13 @ 7:13 am
quick question: did anyone have trouble watching video and did it freeze up when playing further along in the playback? some weird stuff goin on and I might need to rethink some things on my computer

Posted Fri 06 Dec 13 @ 7:57 am
What's happening all?

Just found this link and registered here to get in on it... So excited to see that it's recent and not another dead thread. I haven't VJ'd for years, like 10, and last time I did I was always just: Line In -> Winamp -> Milkdrop -> Projector, so easy. I've just recently ended up getting back at it, show in two weeks - all very sudden - and I don't honestly want to use any FFT or beat responsive visualization but Milkdrop.
the problem is I've ended up with a copy of Arena 4 which renders in openGL / FFGL and so doesn't have a thing to say to Milkdrop in DX. The first this that came to mind was running a DirectShow screen capture output to Arena. Unfortunately, but not surprisingly, despite running @ 30 FPS winamp side and 60 FPS on the final Arena output it bottlenecks somewhere in the middle and ends up with serious latency and is, at best, displaying somewhere between 5 and 10 FPS in reality - hardly "beat responsive" at that point. Anyway I'm sure everyone here has tried a similar SC trick...
On the same note I found the projectM site and have been trying all afternoon to avoid having to recompile that for win, I'm not versed enough with openGL to start with the Milkdrop source - Which leads me to how grateful I am that someone else has already done it :). I would dearly love to play with that beta, provided that no one minds it being shared... I'd be only too happy to test it and post the results, I'd also be happy to try it out for any other windows apps.

Thanks everyone who's been working on this, I still can't imagine using anything other than Milkdrop...

Posted Fri 06 Dec 13 @ 8:11 pm
???

Posted Fri 06 Dec 13 @ 8:47 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@VICoyote
You need to be a Licensed user in order to participate in any Beta or receive links or download any plug-ins.

Posted Sat 07 Dec 13 @ 1:25 pm
I actually wrote a FFGL version of projectm a year or so ago. The big problem there is that unlike the VDJ SDK which provides audio and video, FFGL is video only. I had to grab the audio from a device which was a shame.

The customised milkdrop I have built here is still DirectX and will only function in VDJ as it is built specifically to integrate with it.

It is still in beta and when released will be available to all licensed pro users.

Posted Sun 08 Dec 13 @ 5:58 am
Beta testers:

I would recommend you remove these presets; they aren't rendering reliably for me often giving a blank screen or a single solid colour.

Flexi - 100% shader fractal [origami edit].milk
flexi - bouncing icecubes [good morning edit].milk
Flexi - cell tissue.milk
Flexi - dawn has broken.milk
Flexi - fractal remix weed.milk
Flexi - mindblob 2.0 [stahlregens glass texture garden mix].milk
flexi - moebius transformation [random texture mix].milk
Flexi - when monopolies were the future [simple warp + non-reactive moebius].milk
Geiss + Flexi + Martin - disconnected.milk
Geiss - Drop Shadow 1.milk
Geiss - Explosion 2.milk
Geiss - Explosion 3.milk
Krash + Geiss + martin - War Machine (Stahl's ultimate Mash Mix).milk\fs
martin - funky illusions.milk
martin - glass corridor.milk
martin - satellite view.milk
ORB - Crysal Storm .milk
ORB - Fireworks Sparkle.milk
Stahlregen + Flexi - dots (layered).milk

Future builds won't include these presets, but the installer won't remove them if they exist.

Posted Mon 09 Dec 13 @ 7:48 pm
"rendering reliably" meaning no visual or black screen? had that crop up a time or two, but never lasted more than 20-30 seconds.

Posted Mon 09 Dec 13 @ 8:52 pm
I agree noticed a few blank points also, but they render themselves
Fairly quickly anything from 30secs - 1 min (max). But you can also
Just throw on a clipbank file when it happens to get around it. Still a
Great plugin by SBDJ.........

Posted Tue 10 Dec 13 @ 12:48 pm
65%