Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If you disconnect your 2nd screen before closing VDJ while milkdrop plugin is running causes VDJ to hang and stay running but locked out.
a quick workaround is to deactivate milkdrop before closing VDJ or disconnecting TV-out..

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 11:23 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Should be OK to just close VDJ, I do that all the time. I've not tested disconnect the TV first as I never ever do that anyway - I will test though and see if I can replicate. Thanks :)

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 11:46 am
as I'm on my backup machine right now, not the main system I've tested Milkdrop on, i've done this..

No 2nd monitor connected.
Start VDJ.
go to effects and video effects
click milkdrop (opens in a window as no 2nd monitor connected)
without even playing anything close vdj.

vdj hangs and doesn't close.

In normal use milkdrop outputs perfectly, dosent stutter, lower cpu usage than sonique..

EDIT: if i remember to untick Milkrop on Config>Video>"Use this plugin for audio-only files" then vdj closes okay.

Is there any info you want from my system when this happens??

SPEC:
Athlon 64 Dual Core, 2gb Ram, Win7 pro. DirectX 9c and Visual Basic files updated thru windows update etc..

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 4:33 pm
I will do some testing. I was testing it in window mode manually activated on my dev machine and it seemed OK.

If VDJ freezes on close then a thread somewhere probably isn't closing :)

Posted Thu 30 Jan 14 @ 9:13 pm
gnagisPRO InfinityMember since 2004
soooo how to test this?
im looking for something thats not so "psycadelic" as sonique visuals are and i think milkdrop would be the answer :)

i want to try it

Posted Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 8:37 am
I think we all want to try it, but with the amount of work Scott puts into his plugins, He'll want it 101% right before he releases it out to the public.

Patience is a virtue, it WILL be worth it.

Kev

Posted Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 11:49 am
gnagis wrote :
soooo how to test this?
im looking for something thats not so "psycadelic" as sonique visuals are and i think milkdrop would be the answer :)

i want to try it

hmmm,funny....I think milk drops is more psychedelic...in a modern graphical way.this thing is working quite nicely allready,actually...could use a preset assign button though,but scott will get to it.he has done a great job..yep!

Posted Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 3:28 pm
To be honest if I can track down the freeze bug someone else experienced above I'd probably be happy to do an initial release.

As yet I've been unable to replicate though.

Posted Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 3:57 pm
how can i send you a memory dump of when i get the exit freeze?
i could send you screenshots of running processes...?

Posted Tue 04 Feb 14 @ 8:04 pm
I've seen that before... although over winamp_vis.svp within it's own window. I've been in hurry, just closed VDJ, but... just frozed. See the setup:
http://i50.tinypic.com/28cizw1.jpg

Legal notices: This has nothing in common with up mentioned VDJ plugin. I've never seen it, though. No cracked VDJ used in this sample. No harming animals, too. ;-)

Posted Wed 05 Feb 14 @ 6:38 am
OMG I have been waiting so patiently and reading all the threads and keeping tabs for a release. It would be absolutely amazing to get a visualizer like milkdrop working with VDJ! I can't wait!

Posted Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 5:53 pm
patience. SBDJ is a man of many hats, talents, and is busier than a (your choice of phrases - the dirtier the better) on a Saturday night.

give the man some time.

Posted Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 6:19 pm
worth the wait,garanteed!...;)

Posted Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 6:26 pm
Hi Scott

Great to see this plugin in beta. Been following the thread here for a long time. Looking forward to testing this one. Thanks for all the time you have put into this.

Kieran

Posted Wed 12 Feb 14 @ 7:51 pm
left it running in window mode on desktop for 2 days.

ITS STILL GOING!

happy camper I is.

Posted Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 3:26 am
wildcountryclub wrote :
left it running in window mode on desktop for 2 days.

ITS STILL GOING!

happy camper I is.

whoa... ha,ha.watch it "wild" it might grow artificial intelligence and take over the gig imao..ha,ha

Posted Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 4:10 pm

Posted Sun 02 Mar 14 @ 4:50 pm
while I realize someone has been busy as the proverbial bees...

just hoping we hadn't forgotten about this gem!

is it still "beta" or are we waiting to see if it works with that-which-updeights-name-shall-not-be-mentioned's upcoming release?

been so tempted to take this to work and show it off but need to be sure ya know?

Posted Sat 03 May 14 @ 3:34 pm
It works...I'm restoring my m18x btw...I made the mistake of Respawn in order to restore the dell (originally by creative ) webcam live central that I had installed 3 versions of this (it made 3 folders in programs x86,one creative webcam ,one Dell webcam ,one just named intergrated webcam ).this had stopped working when I installed a pinaccle "Dazzle" video interface had fetched the 64 bit drivers but only after I plugged it in,same mistake i made with a Xponent controller,Alienware is really finicky with its drivers...) anyway...the system respawned back to factory setting but that brought back the antivirus problem king...mcafee which kept the system in a endlees BSOD loop.finally after googling the problem and rightin g down the error messages I see a similar error blogged for norton anti virus.I deleted macafee in save mode and the laptop was able to boot.but the sum is...all xml files are gone (I didnt do a lot of skin mods,only 2,resizing the ones I'm using on this pc but are copied on my other pc's, so I have loaded most files back.after avast came VDJ..then the proper maps for 4 dseck control,then older visual C & direct x,then fired it up...all good.but Im realizing I'm worts than a PC VIRUS.so beware :>.also folks I loaded winamp again to compare the milkdrops.apparently this guys are no more with the last version being just dad.hmm..but there is other issues that happened with other plugins.I having many..cant remember exactly what happened..but will review them after I finish this build....

Posted Sat 03 May 14 @ 7:57 pm
now with 8...any issues?...updates? (scott?)....

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:04 pm
81%