Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

kinda the same results here.I think i'll get my stand alone dvd recorder (a deck I got at Radio Shack years ago,half-Rack ) to record "outside" of VDJ (might need a splitter,between the lappy and the monitor).besides ...the internal recording wont work if using an external monitor...right?

Posted Wed 20 Nov 13 @ 7:14 pm
Uncompressed AVI is the only way to preserve it's beauty... any other compressed format will ruin it. Especially YouTube converting, it's garbage.

Posted Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 9:44 am
purpose wasn't to "preserve beauty", it was to see if it worked.
which it does beautifully and with other video and audio effects running.
i'm going to be putting it through the wringer with many more effects running at once till it fails or computer does, just like I do with anything I test.

just like I want to do with a certain beightta that will remain eightless.

wild hair random thought - HD milkdrop 3d

EYE CANDY!!!

Posted Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 12:47 pm
agree..the plugin its working great! havent been able to ro find time to record cause I got hit by the avertising flash based malwaree.after wasting a whole day downloading malwarebytes (which now I will keep in a flash drive for safety) and scanning 3 times,I find out its a plugin on Firefox that install itself after you agree with an update...WTF?..now I have to check everytime that these updates exactly are updating cause the Alienware overheated from scanning and I had to apply thermal paste but it still acting up.anyway the good news here its the milkdrops is working will have to text with the Dell again..good work guys!...by release time can the controllers and stuff i mentioned be added?

Posted Thu 21 Nov 13 @ 2:44 pm
this is absolutely awsome!!...one question Scott,its there as many algorithyms on the plug in as in say the latest winamp?

Posted Fri 22 Nov 13 @ 9:44 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
552 installed at present. You'll find the presets installed in Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\Milkdrop\presets.

You can add/delete them - it supports both Milkdrop 1.x and 2.x presets.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 9:42 am
staring at what I have of my winamp visualizations and stupid idea hits about dragging .dll into vdj plugins.

no, not going to do it. but it was a dream. some of the themed visuals for holidays are giving me flashbacks to the early 00's

and ran across this as I was archiving winamp stuff since its getting shut down.
being able to edit scenes for different nights/themes would be most excellent.?
http://www.winamp.com/skin/plane9/222089

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 5:01 pm
awsome! there seems to be plenty here but I think if we could control the transitions we can make for more variations,hence my previous request..yeah?
and..
wildcountryclub wrote :
staring at what I have of my winamp visualizations and stupid idea hits about dragging .dll into vdj plugins.

no, not going to do it. but it was a dream. some of the themed visuals for holidays are giving me flashbacks to the early 00's

and ran across this as I was archiving winamp stuff since its getting shut down.
being able to edit scenes for different nights/themes would be most excellent.?
http://www.winamp.com/skin/plane9/222089

Ha! your reading my mind "Wild"...been plaing with this since last nite (had been using the plane9 as a screen saver for a couple of years),one problem.when you go to configure this plugin in goes into a "donators" page..and you cant do anything there until you donate..both my systems are lagging some so I dont think I would benefit from this.though if we could teleport some of these plane9 algorithyms into milkdrops that would be something...huh?

Posted Sat 23 Nov 13 @ 7:41 pm

Posted Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 12:01 pm
Sorry but...this thread is about making milkdrops work with Virtual Dj...and it Looks like SBDJ has done it.there is certain requirements for things to work with the software.if you dont use the software then you can really know now can you?....continue gentlemen..;)

Posted Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 2:40 pm
weirdjay wrote :
Why would you bother with ProjectM and OpenGL, there's a Milkdrop 2 open source code??? http://www.geisswerks.com/about_milkdrop.html

The beta plugin I sent them makes use of the Milkdrop 2 source code as a starting point. Hence why the plugin was titled milkdrop :-p

The projectM plugin was a creation prior to the release of the v2 source code - and is still functional for Mac users...

Posted Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 2:58 pm
@SBDJ: Yeah, I thought so... Geiss's code is much clearer than ProjectM (they gave up on it since 2004.) Keep up good work.

@TheTracker: Ehm, I forgot whatever I wanted to say... Cheers!

Posted Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 3:14 pm
weirdjay wrote :
@SBDJ: Yeah, I thought so... Geiss's code is much clearer than ProjectM (they gave up on it since 2004.) Keep up good work.

@TheTracker: Ehm, I forgot whatever I wanted to say... Cheers!

And I..will force myself to forget what I wanted to say...imao

Posted Mon 25 Nov 13 @ 11:00 pm
...tequila-drop2.0.dll

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 12:15 am
GOT A bETA?...HE,HE

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 3:30 am
we're getting way off-topic, but the beta can be sampled at the cuervo distillery in mexico - watch the history channel's modern marvels episode - before its finished this stuff has an insane amount of alcohol - one sip had the presenters face all flushed from it.

back on track. going to be posting some test results later tonight. might be interesting.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 7:34 am
Ha,ha..Right on..again I test it witj the same results,but Im having Alienware trouble.after the malware attack i lost one nvidia gpu.went and replaced with ones from my first dead system and as i was bolting the vidio card down a screw slipped inside the laptop.had to take all cards out again and shake the laptop upside down until the screw fell out.I put everything back together,SLI was back working so i knew I had a good card replacement.worked fine but yesterday mourning a thin line appeared from top to bottom on the screen.screen its working otherwise but the line gets in my nerves..milkdrops look fine on my Vizzio 32 inch TV monitor (a smart TV)but the old Alienware in general drags a bit,mainly loading songs to deck and setting up the extended monitor via the Nvidia's control panel.I have to reset Resolution for both screens.As for the Milkdrops...as I sayd,it needs to be able to select the algorithyms or change the order of playback.seems it repeats a few more often.a playlist would be cool..can we rewrita a file for this?...Scott?

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 3:48 pm
SBDJ wrote :
The projectM plugin was a creation prior to the release of the v2 source code - and is still functional for Mac users...

Where is this plugin at??

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 8:28 pm
Ha,ha where u been?....we've been testing milkdrops for like 3 days....YO!

Posted Tue 26 Nov 13 @ 9:52 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Where is this plugin at??

I don't have a compiled version anywhere at the moment, and my Mac is currently out of order unfortunately :(

Posted Wed 27 Nov 13 @ 9:02 am
56%