Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have one possible problem report.seems when I activate other video plugins we get a black screen when we go back to milkdrops.I then have to turn off milkdrops and activate again.and at one point I was opening a folder,the folder froze forcing me to hit ctrl/alt/delete to shut the explorer window down via task manager but that closed it down but now the external screen was blank.without stopping the music I went into configuration and reselected the monitor as output,turning it back on..so we need to check what other plugins is milkdrops compatiable with and which are not?

Posted Wed 13 Nov 13 @ 9:00 pm
basxrPRO InfinityMember since 2011
very good guys I guess this very long time project is finally going somewhere
+1

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 5:02 am
I ran this last night for 2 hours solid
thru SBDJ RVT plugin swapping back and
forth from audio & video without so
much as a glitch or stutter, It ran
PERFECTLY!, I see comments above and
will run it with FIRETEXT & SBDJ Scrolltext
tonight and report back findings later on

Run on Dell XPS 1701x i5 8gb Ram, 1 Gig Nvidia

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 8:43 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
thetracker510 wrote :
I have one possible problem report.seems when I activate other video plugins we get a black screen when we go back to milkdrops.

Can you replicate this - exact steps and details of the plugins concerned would be most useful.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 11:12 am
@SBDJ and Tracker

I am running again tonight videos,Scrolltext,audio,Firetext
Also running multiple video effects:
Brightness,Colour bars V & H,Colour flood,Frame squares
Colour enhance,Ripple,Negative,Video fade,Video bars
Video cube,Video rotation,Video shape,Strobe,Bump,
Colour shift,Show logo. Also all running thru Random Video Transitions
I cannot fault SBDJ on this it's fantastic much more improved than G-force or
Whitecap which is what I've been using. Pure genius at work and very good
Port across to VDJ cannot fault it anyway well done SBDJ...... looks great
On 42" TV, CPU between 10 - 20% steady all good... Testing for the next
3 - 4 hours

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 1:47 pm
If I new how to post a video I would ?

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:07 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As Scott requested not to share the plugin maybe's it might be best if you seek permission, if given, upload to youtube and put the share it code on here and someone will help you out.

Alternatively to place it here yourself get the youtube code and place it like this....

[ youtube ] youtube/code [ /youtube ] remember you only need the part of the code that comes after the forward slash to be placed inbetween the brackets and their should be no spaces either in any part of the code I've just shown.

Hope that helps.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:14 pm
I totally agree with you Tayla, I will only do this if permission is granted by SBDJ just to show it working with all effects,FT,Scrolltext,videos and running all effects with no problems!

I think it maybe down to a couple of other plugins that others may have but I have no problems running it....:)

After all it is SBDJ's fantastic talent / brains behind the port, So when he is ready to release from Beta I'm sure he will put it out there in his own way......... Great Job once again, your talents just keep amazing us all in the VDJ community.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 2:59 pm
Feel free to post a video, I just didnt want the plugin sharing :)

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 3:28 pm
All you guys are doing great..last nite i tested it with my older Alienware and i was mapping 2 new stantons scs 3d controllers,rewriting the xml code to 4 decks,as i didnt know all the right codes to input on the mapper in configurations but still remember the xml stuff i learned here from skinners,anyway...milkdrops ran smooth after i shut down my browser and use Game booster to free up resources.the thing is i have two laptops ,the dell inspiron is just my old workhorse,I learned everything on this.with a max of 4 gigs of ram but no dedicated video card,meanwhile my Alienware m9700 has nvideas but older ones max at half a gig for video,but the system only has 2 gigs of ram for standard memory.when i tested the nite before i did so with the hercules RMX (all the testing is while running 4 decks)..and i had forgotten to close the browsers.so i had some problems.but last nite i used the stantons scs 3d's and believe it or not..a m-audio fast track as a secondary sound card,as well as the Alienware's internal "MAX" card.I could'nt believe it...ran with no problems.so yeah...it depends on a lot of things...Im hoping on getting a higher end laptop again so i can keep the browser opened? I do a lot of dealing on ebay and other sites and dont like shutting down my browser...but meanwhile,if the milkdrops and other plugins can run on these laptops...then they can run on anything...but i do suspect that some plugins have a effect on milkdrops..also anybody else trying this with say..older freeframes type effects?...gotta remember,I have close to 200 effects in my video folder,call it visuals OCD...Lol

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 3:38 pm
No am not going to do that!!...... Your the man that took all the time to do it and long programming experience and knowledge to port it, Your baby you'll do it when it's ready.

I'm just a tester for you..... Your the proud owner / developer of a FINE PLUGIN (And I for one feel privileged to test for any bugs and report back to you.)

Once again brilliant work SBDJ, This is why I love this software because it's people like you who keep it on top of everything else out there and make our jobs as DJ's get better and better.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 3:45 pm
Techno_Tom_57 wrote :
I totally agree with you Tayla, I will only do this if permission is granted by SBDJ just to show it working with all effects,FT,Scrolltext,videos and running all effects with no problems!

I think it maybe down to a couple of other plugins that others may have but I have no problems running it....:)

After all it is SBDJ's fantastic talent / brains behind the port, So when he is ready to release from Beta I'm sure he will put it out there in his own way......... Great Job once again, your talents just keep amazing us all in the VDJ community.

and further more...totally agree.all credit here its due to Scott as I just gave it a little push by posting this thread and doing a little mad experiments in the past..;p

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 3:51 pm
Like I say if you want to post videos then feel free; I've no problem with that. I know some people don't believe such a plugin will ever exist lol.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 13 @ 7:37 pm
It could be done, no sweat... Congrats!

[link removed as it contains links to personal website]

This is not available, except for me, of course.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 9:59 am
want.

that blows sonique out of the water.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 1:42 pm
I've sent you a link to my beta plugin mate, have a play. It's a native plugin and you can MIDI map the various controls to trigger smooth or hard cut changes, intervals and so on.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 2:13 pm
Now wild can get really "wild" really wild...YO!

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 3:22 pm
first 6 minutes 37 seconds of playing with I recorded while running essential visuals and only using 4 audio plug-ins. only ran 2 of them at same time, phaser and sbdj filter, and also briefly used flanger and Doppler echo. cpu usage meter up to about 20-25% at times.

started noticing "drag" with EV text scroll within a few seconds and the longer it ran the worse it got. but it works fantastic when i'm not recording. no stutter or drag on anything, everything smooth and crisp and cpu usage meter never got above 10-15%.
my home system is not exactly high-end:

win64/windows8.1
i-3-3220 CPU @3.30GHZ 3.30 GHZ
RAM - 8.00GB
NVIDIA GeForce GT 610
all drivers up to date

but it serves for what i do at home. probably analogous to what some of the mobile guys run on older machines.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 8:06 pm
Does look like it's lagging quite badly on that machine - was this only a problem when recording? What did you use to record?

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 8:17 pm
recorded with vdj, ffds codec pack
converted to mp4 with freemake converter but it was still lagging even before that - just converted so file size would upload quicker to youtube.

no lagging at all when not recording - worked perfectly running exact same conditions.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 13 @ 8:24 pm
48%