Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: for the milkdrop in you... - Page: 11

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I've been playing with it but need to be able to use in 8 as a default go-to for audio

screw sonique - atomix NEEDS to adopt this!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:15 am
I already did...adopt it ....on version 7.I'm not able to get the Xponent working with 8 yet.I thought this guys would make this native allready?..watsup?..how does the mapper work? Im not able to get it going...my start buttons dont work and almost everything dont work! imao..

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:52 am
well in v8 it says incompatiable! looks like Scott gotta get busy..for a long time ; 0

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:39 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've already got a v7/v8 compatible version :-p

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:00 am
Ha,ha..yes! scott's da man!....

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:08 am
ive not seen any messages from v8 that Milkdrop plugin is incompatible.. but in all fairness ive not got to testing out this plugin properly, but so far yes it launches (for me) and was usable.. BUT not had time just yet to investigate any of the previous issues i had using it with v7

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:40 am
well I havent made it (v8) to work with the Xponent.there 's a driver conflict...will try with the Hercules RMX tomorrow....

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:19 am
Can the developer of the VDJ Milkdrop version please add an option to edit the settings like in Winamp. I want higher resolutions etc. I have the computing 'grunt' to be able to handle it. Right now I get distorted circles and jaggies etc on a 1920x display because your adaption of the plugin is too low res by default. When I run this on Winamp I set it to max settings for my screen resolution and kick back whilst it runs on my 50" plasma. Looks amazing! But disappoints in VDJ. :(

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 1:55 pm
Scott has answered you in another post where asked the same question.

From memory - "it will come once he gets time and the software is in full release. Don't worry."

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:49 pm
Scott... I must admit my head is spinning as I am just now diving into this. I signed into VDJ today and grabbed the Milk Drops plugin for both of my Machines Both are PC. I moved the .dll file into the Visualisations folder. One my back up (win 7) I also received a incompatible prompt. When I tried it with my work horse Windows 8.1. I got nothing expect the screen on my laptop would change from grey to black. I read through almost 12 pages on this forum tring to catch up but fear I have missed something.

Back up:: Windows 7 (AMD Phenom II P960 quad core 64 bit @1.80

Main::: Windows 8.1 Intel(R) Core i7-4700mq @240ghz 64 Bit

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 8:58 pm
forgot about my own thread! lol...yes..this is a miracle! but better yet if you have the Gforce svp (sonique visuals version 2) plugin and you select Gforce first,then milkdrops second.now you toggle back and forth within plugins from the plugin button on the VDJ 8 mixer.sweet!

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 9:15 pm
Ok so I messed around on my back up laptop last night and was able to get the sonique to work but no luck with milk drop. I use to think I was somewhat tech savy.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:22 pm
had the same problem...did you download the direct x from microsoft? I mean the entire pack.2006 on down...scott posted the link on the other milkdrop thread..also try to keep folders in their original place prior to installing milkdrop again.aaaand he updated it again so...get fresh download...

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:30 pm
Please ensure that you have DirectX9 installed. This was trackers problem, everything else worked but no Milkdrop. Installed DX9 and all was well.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:31 pm
what Dan sayd...:)

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:33 pm
I have checked both laptops and they appear to be up to date with Direct X. Still no luck.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:33 pm

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:53 pm
Ok I will check/try it and post back results.... Thanks for the clarification :)

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 5:48 pm
DJ00nick wrote :
Ok I will check/try it and post back results.... Thanks for the clarification :)

yes do that then get the latest version of milkdrop...but KEEP the previous version as well.I've been testing these and there is one issue as far as opening the latest on a deck,then opening on the opposite deck.if milkdrop8 (v.1.,2.5) wont open then use v1.2.4...I use them both,and problems solved....

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:53 pm
OK ..so there's a issue with the new milkdrop.if selected as a "audio only" in the video/options configurations,fine.but then we want to open it on a deck ,it might/might not open.even if it those we decide to open it on the opposite deck it wont.this is version 1.2.5 (milkdrop8)...so if you are like me has version 1.2.4 still...open that,it will over-ride on that deck.you can now look at them as a "master & "slave" effects configuration.this needs to be addressed.also they need to renamed the Gui to be able to distinguish whish is which.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 3:16 pm
89%