Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark iDJ3 audio issues - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sunjinHome userMember since 2011
Ok. I just bought this iDJ3 for my computer, and I'm running Virtual DJ pro (the newest one.) I have my headphones plugged into the iDJ3 and the RCA cables ran out to a speaker. Now, here is my issue. I am trying to make it to where I can here the other song on that I have cued up before putting into the master mix...ie beat match. The problem I'm running into is that it seems like no matter how I configure it I can't hear nothing in my headphones/speakers unless it is set to master. All I want to do is here both sides without having to use my crossfader. Can anyone help?

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 9:27 pm
sunjinHome userMember since 2011
Also, I tried to record a mix, and when I went to play it back there was no sound at all. Nothing.

Posted Fri 13 May 11 @ 10:29 pm
In that case, please register your Pro serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and download the latest v7.0.4 from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

Also, make sure that you have the latest firmware for the IDJ3 installed from http://www.numark.com/idj3

Then set your sound config as follow:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: 2 cards

Choose the two cards for the IDJ3 in the drop-down lists and click APPLY.

Make sure that you have plugged a pair of powered stereo speakers into the master outputs on the back of the console and your headphones into the headphone socket of the console.

Alternatively, connect a suitable cable (2x RCA to 3.5" headphone jack) from the master output of the console to the line input of your computer. The sound will then come out through the computer's speakers (If not, go to your sound card's mixer/control panel and ensure that the line input is not muted and the volume is set to an appropriate level.)

If you find that your master output is coming through your headphones, then swap the order of the sound cards around in the drop-down lists in sound config.

NOTE: Assuming that it is not second hand or the discount has not already been used, VirtualDJ for iDJ3 entitles you to a discount off upgrading to the full VirtualDJ Professional. To receive this, please go to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and enter your VirtualDJ LE software serial number in the box provided.

Posted Sat 14 May 11 @ 12:24 pm
I had the same issue as the OP. I tried to update the firmware and now the idj3 will not communicate with the VirtualDJ software. It just showa the keylock and cue buttons lit up. Is there a way to reset to the original firmware? At least i had communication between the software and the hardware before the "update".

Thanks

Posted Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 2:42 am
is there no way to select both a cue and b cue at the same time on the idj3 so i can hear both tracks in the headphones i have tried every config possible

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 10:42 am
Sorry, in VirtualDJ LE this is not possible (It is limited software.)

However, in the full VirtualDJ Professional, you can change the mapping from select to pfl to allow you to select more than one deck at a time for PFL. If your iDJ3 came with VirtualDJ LE, you can upgrade at a discount by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 11:36 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
djcockneyconman wrote :
is there no way to select both a cue and b cue at the same time on the idj3 so i can hear both tracks in the headphones i have tried every config possible

mix cue knob...

Posted Mon 25 Jul 11 @ 1:45 pm
Hi ! First of all, sorry for my english because i'm a french canadian...Here's my problem: My deck worked perfectly until i've tried to install the firmware 1,03... I used Midiox and it can't load the firmware entirely (said: no buffers, no enough memory to continue...) I don't understand why it keep telling me this because i have lots of memory available...So i've tried with the Bome program and it load it, but never finished the loading correctly...Now nothing works. All 4 cue and keylock lights are on but i can't control the deck...Same problem as the op in this forum...
Is there a way to restore the last firmware ??? Please Help me !
Thanks !

Posted Thu 28 Jul 11 @ 11:51 am
Ok as for the issue of not being able to select both Cue A and Cue B at the same time to hear both tracks in the headphones make sure to purchase virtual dj pro 7.

The answer to the problem is simple power up your IDJ3 and Virtual DJ load deck A with a track and deck B with a track but don't play them goto Config top right of the Virtual DJ screen select mappers goto to the bottom of the list and select (New) now on the same screen over to the right you will see Key-Learn click it with your mouse and then push the Cue A button on the IDJ3 it should now appear at the bottom of the list in the Virtual DJ mappers list with the action select next to it you are going to want to change this to PFL instead of select now look to the right of the screen again there is another tab there called Action-Learn click it then type in box underneath it PFL then click ok close the settings box and hey presto you can now select cue a and cue b enjoy and mix your arse off

Posted Mon 01 Aug 11 @ 11:34 am
I have the same Prob. days ago it was working , but know its not

Posted Sun 14 Aug 11 @ 3:09 pm
Has anyone found a fix for this? After trying to updated firmware, only the cue and keylock lights are lit. When I try to re-upload the firmware just the 1 like on the left autoloop stays on... I still have audio, but the IDJ3 won't respond with VDJ pro, nor the demo of LE. The old firmware would be nice, but numark's site doesn't offer anything, not even drivers for the IDJ3...

Posted Sat 20 Aug 11 @ 8:04 am
I have the same issue of the idj3 not responding when upgrading the firmware and cant seem to find a solution. The upgrade failed and now the cue a & cue b buttons stay on and nothing else responds.
Is there any way of restoring the original firmware? And if so, how?

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 2:18 am

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 4:09 am
Hey,

I just bought a IDJ3 Controller which came with Virtual DJ LE...I installed the drivers and the software and connected everything. However, I'm not hearing anything through my headphones. Music plays fine through the speaks and everything but I'm not able to hear anything through the head phones when I'm trying to cue, nothing no music at all. Can some one help me with configuring the head set devise. I only hear sound when I change the cue sound from a/b to master but I'm still unable to cue or listen to cue a or b. Just the same music that's playing out through the speakers. Please Help.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 1:19 pm

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 4:56 pm
I Recently Purchased IDJ3, I Am Using Virtual DJ 7, And Was Trying To Figure Out How TO Record MY Mixes To My Ipod...Can Anyone Help????

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 7:49 pm
Hi im having a bit of trouble with my idj3's. its all set up fine an worked perfectly i.e music cue, headphones etc. but for some reason whenever i load a song to the opposite deck of what is playing it automatically lowers the volume of the song playing and wont allow me to hear the song that is cued through the headphones, instead itl start playing over the song playing. any ideas?

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 8:14 am

Posted Sat 07 Jan 12 @ 1:31 pm
help pleeassseeee....im having a gig this saturday and i don't just want to use an auxiliary cable for the music to my laptop(macbook)..., which free/unfree dj software do, or can i download if I'm using a c3 usb mixer so that both audio codec signals can show...and then later maybe connect a dmc2 controller????

Posted Thu 09 Feb 12 @ 8:42 pm
Sorry, VirtualDJ Home FREE cannot be used at gigs where you are being paid. It is for non-commercial use only.

If you will be playing paid gigs, you will need to purchase a suitable version of VirtualDJ.

The only legal free option I can think of is Mixxx, which is free DJ software, but very limited compared to VirtualDJ.

For mouse/keyboard use of VirtualDJ with both channels of the C3 USB mixer, you will need to purchase VirtualDJ Basic: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/basic.html

If you intend to add a DMC-2 controller (Or any other MIDI controller) at a later date, you will need to purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional. You can upgrade from Basic to the full Pro when you are ready with the $99 that you paid for it taken off as a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

NOTE: You cannot download 'unfree' DJ software. Doing so is illegal. Please support software development by purchasing all your software. Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Illegal%20Pirate%20Version.html

Posted Fri 10 Feb 12 @ 10:35 am
38%