Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Questions about the XP10 controller - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Let me rephrase that make sure it's sold here. Also The xp10 is old news now and alot of good stuff is being developed so take your time to choose . Quality is going to improve with competition. And their is alot of that right now.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 3:20 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
:)
currently nothing unleashes the power of VDJ the way the xp10 does. it was innovative a year ago, it still is. Timecode (TCV or TCCD) is great but has its limitations (no shortcut/controls) and obvious disadvantages. Anything else is vapor until it comes out and proves itself better than the xp10/VDJ combination.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 5:31 pm
The time coded vinyl is not a bad price but the shipping and customs charges will kill you . Even if you bought in bulk it would still be alot of money.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 12:30 am
Digitalmdj ,

That is actually the worst part. I mean, 598 Euros (for 2 XP10's) doesn't look like much. But then, you add 81 Euros worth of shipping charges, and 109 Euros for the software (which I find is worth every penny).

So far, so good.

But once the merchandise gets into Canada, now comes the fun part:

- No duty nor taxes on the software (Yay!!) ---> $163 CAD sub-total

- 2 XP10's + 17% duty + 7% GST + 7.5% PST---> $1186 CAD sub-total (!!!!!)

- 81 Euros shipping ---> $121 CAD sub-total

For a grand total of: $1470 CAD (That's $1208 USD)

It's a bit pricy in my opinion... But it's still a fair price, compared to, say, 2 Numark Axis 9's, a Maya 44 Sound Card and the software (controlled by TCCD's), which would be of equivalent technology.

I think I'll stick to buying the software first, and wait a bit before I purchase anything else... I can do some pretty decent mixing using only the software, as I tried it on my friend's laptop at a few gigs...

Internodal.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 2:40 am
Time coded cd's are about fifty cents. Now all you need is a scratch cd player. Their are alot of those you can buy in Canada.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 3:48 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
internodal> if you gonna wait, I'd suggest you wait with a DJ Console: it's far from perfect but it's not a bad price and gets you much more fun with VDJ than just the keyboard. I used it for a year before the xp10s and never regreted buying it (even though I had to return it at the beginning for fixing the crazy jog wheel issue).

whatever you choose, with VDJ the most important (and the least fun) is to analyze, set correct bpms/phases, and set cue points on your tracks first. the more you do that before getting your choice controller, the more fun you'll have right away when you get it :)

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 11:26 am
" the more you do that before getting your choice controller, the more fun you'll have right away when you get it :) "

DJbambi ,

That is so true!

Well I currently still use Virtual Turntables on my PIII 600 MHz computer, so I guess you can imagine the SHOCK I got when I tried Virtual DJ on my partner's laptop!! The difference is incredible... Self-ajusting pitch (great feature if you're in a hurry to make the next mix...), great scratching capability (VTT doesn't have that), super-easy cueing (setting cue points is a nightmare on VTT), playlists, search, etc, etc...

So you see, I'm already excited about getting myself a new computer and buying the software. Imagine how it will be when I'm ready to buy the controller I want! :O)

Like a kid waiting for christmas to come lol !!

Internodal.

Posted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 5:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)