Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 34

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I did notice the faders drop quickly at the bottom when lowering slowly.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 8:45 am
Roy, just change the mapping for volume to "nothing"

Keith

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 9:02 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
DJ Koz wrote :
Can someone confirm that the main volume needs to be at a certain level for the mics to sound
right?

DJ Koz, its all about setting proper unity gain.
If you keep your Master level low and turn your Mic gain high, you will naturally overdrive the Mic inputs (on any mixer) which could result in false distortion.

You should keep the MC Master Gain in the area of 12-3 oclock, (0dB on the meters), which will equal unity gain, then your Mic will never distort. If this Master setting is too loud, you need to turn down your powered speakers or amps.

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 1:11 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
GadgetMan wrote :
The only other real annoyance is the fact that the 6000 still wants to set my VDJ volume faders to zero when it starts...

There is a mapping file provided by VDJ to avoid this. (please look that up here)
You should also make sure that CH 1/4 are set to AUX/Line (and not MIDI) before you start up VDJ...for 2 Deck operation.

Reason being, VDJ LOOKS at the mixer Fader settings at power up so that the levels on the MC match the levels in VDJ.
If the MC are down, VDJ levels go down by default. However if you are using the included 4 deck mode and the MC is set to EXT Mixer, this will never be a problem.

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 1:22 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks DenonDJ. It's just that I didn't notice the master was so low. I always keep the main up. I've had Denon mixers before.

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 1:31 pm
Thanks Denon DJ, will look in to that. Yes, 1/4 are not set to MIDI.

On the gain front. I agree 12 to 3 o'clock feels about right. Mics are crystal clear. Also it's not just a case of adjusting the amps/actives but also the channel gain.

You need to balance the lot to achieve unity...

Roy

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 2:57 pm
Denon DJ wrote :
GadgetMan wrote :
The only other real annoyance is the fact that the 6000 still wants to set my VDJ volume faders to zero when it starts...

There is a mapping file provided by VDJ to avoid this. (please look that up here)

Where?

Posted Thu 22 Sep 11 @ 4:37 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hw well this does for Karaoke. I have my first gig where I have to do some karaoke too. There is 2 options, to use mc-60000 and VDJ + mic, or rent Karaoke hardware. I Don't even have a proper mic, so should I invest to a mic or rent Karaoke studdd instead?

Posted Thu 29 Sep 11 @ 5:33 pm
I have used my MC6000 for a couple Karaoke jobs. I wouldn't want to use it for any kind of ongoing situation but if you are just looking to get through a night or something it should do the job.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 11 @ 5:05 pm
I have been having an issue with audio starting to sound very bad only after playing music for 4 to 5 hours. Basically everything sounds great for a while but suddenly after some hours pass the audio starts to sound garbled like as if the speakers are under water. I have ruled out to speakers, speaker cables etc. A friend mentioned the laptop processor may be over heating but I installed software to monitor hardware temps and nothing is overheating. Another strange piece of the puzzle is that if I restart the laptop when I notice the poor sound quality, the problem is resolved after the reboot. Again making me lean away from heat issues...

I am starting to think it may have something to do with the enhanced 3,1,2,4 skin that I am using. Anybody have any insight or similar issues?

The laptop is a basic Sony Vaio XP, dual core, 4 / 3.5 gig ram... I never had this issue with this laptop or any other controller / VDJ version combination.

I don't want to blame the skin because I'm not even sure if that is a possibility. Also, of course it does NOT do this every single time I DJ. I would say it is 50/50 chance.

Posted Fri 18 Nov 11 @ 5:19 pm
lp894PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've had my mc6000 for 10 months now and I love it. Idk what's ppl mean by the ASIO drivers are crap...I've never experienced an issue with using the ASIO drivers. No popping, no cracking, none if that. I DJ mostly hip-hop for 5-6 hrs at a time...no problems at all. I'll be adding 2 s3700s to the mix in a month so...well see how that goes.

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 2:53 am
Denon DJ wrote :
you will naturally overdrive the Mic inputs (on any mixer)

Sweeping statement alert! No, not on "any mixer". It really depends on the quality of the mic input section on the particular mixer.

Some manufacturers build their mixers with a LOT of headroom. Others not so much.

Denon DJ wrote :

which could result in false distortion.

WTH is "false distortion"? Are you trying to say that peoples ears are deceiving them, and the MC6000 is not really distorting?

LOL

Posted Thu 01 Dec 11 @ 6:03 am
Had this controller for about 4 months everything works fine until last week when i tried described below.

Totally pissed :: I was trying to connect the dn mc600 and my Dn s 3700 in midi mode all to virtual dj and seems like i messed something up.
First of all couldn't get the channels setup the way i wanted. I wanted mc600 left player on deck 1 and right player on deck 2 then i was going to have the 3700 use for deck 3 or 4 bottom channel, but never could get it right.

So i re- installed the 3700 cd/driver I thought that might be it. still no go, then i uninstall everything and re-installed VDJ 7.0.5 full pro not cracked. Now my new issue is that the Mc6000 is now backwards. When I boot up and get ready to play the channels 2 & 3 are backwards/opposite. I did download the new firmware but didn't install. Can anyone help with this issue greatly appreciate it.

Feedback Ent
Asus: Windows 7 Core I5
4gb
VDJ full Pro 7.0.5

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 6:08 am
map "invert_controllers" to an unused button on the controller or you keyboard. that should fix the problem, if not you can assign the decks in the mapper, hit the options box to the right of the dropdown menu to select the decks the controller operates on

Posted Fri 02 Dec 11 @ 6:28 am
Hi, wanna ask if anyone been facing issues with the booth-out outputs on the mc6000.

Posted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 6:30 pm
I use booth out all the time and have had no issues at all.

Keith

Posted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 4:35 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Same here, no booth issues at all.

Posted Thu 15 Dec 11 @ 5:50 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I use booth out all the time and have had no issues at all.

Keith

So correct me if i am wrong. To my recent understanding, i am not able to send an output from one of my decks (when running in 4deck mode). I will have to send a sound from ipod or a separate cdj.

Is there any other way?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 2:33 am
pbouzan wrote :
Same here, no booth issues at all.

Hi, thanks for the reply...

Posted Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 2:34 am
In 4 deck mode you are using the internal software mixer of VirtualDJ (Master+headphones) (PC MIX) with the sliders and EQ, etc. on the MC6000 controlling VirtualDJ's software mixer via MIDI.

You can't send the output of an individual deck to the booth output in this mode. This is only possible in 2 deck hardware mixer (INT MIX) mode.

In PC MIX mode, VirtualDJ is doing the mixing internally and sending the resulting master and headphone outputs to the MC6000.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 11 @ 5:39 am
85%