Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 35

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJKosmoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What kind of case is everyone using to transport their DN-MC6000? I want something just for transport and then I will take it out at the gig
and put it on my table.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 3:24 pm

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 3:44 pm
I got myself one of these http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=3453

Best £90 I have ever laid out. Carries my MC6000, my 17" laptop, leads and external hard drives, plus you get the headphone case too. Perfect for walking in to a club!

Will take a photo of mine and upload in a mo...

Roy

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 3:54 pm
These images don't really do the case justice, and I forgot to mention it comes with both shoulder and backpack styles straps. All hooks are made of good strong metal and is properly stitched. Controller compartment is padded - especially on top so whatever is on top won't damage the controller. The base is also re-enforced too.

However I will be investing in a Decksaver for the MC6000 which is due out after Christmas to keep on the controller in the bag - as confirmed with Decksaver at BPM and on their Facebook page ;-)

This is a top view showing my 17" - yes 17" laptop and the top pocket open which has my leads, video HDD, video2composite adapter, etc.

Top view from the other side.

Controller compartment open. My MC6000 safely strapped in with space for its power supply and lead.

And finally the top view showing all three compartments full. There is a little black clip on the front that the headphone bag can clip too...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 4:14 pm
DJKosmoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gadgetman that is a pretty sweet case, I had not seen that one. I have been considering a hard case as well. Maybe a SKB plastic case.
They are so dang expensive though. I like the idea of the deck saver.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 10:43 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
OK so the best way so far that I have tried to not get any distortion with my mics on the 6000 is to set all volumes at 3/4... including the software volume which I always have to set manually with the mouse.

Denon DJ, is that the best way? Can you point me in a better direction so that I can avoid distortion completely or as much as possible?

Also is there a way to have the audio/video settings (lights) already lit so I don't have to do it manually each time.

One more... is there a way to have the 6000 power up and not be in vinyl mode?

Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 1:02 pm
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
When I'm doing club or installed work I use the slightly larger case from Swanflight so the MC6000 can be used without taking it out and has a radio mic and the video convertors stashed underneath;

http://www.swanflight.com/dj-flightcases/dj-controller-flightcases/denon-dn-mc6000-flightcase.html

Other than that I have the MC installed in a custom case along with 4 Sennheiser EW135's and a C3X mixer for PA work etc. (I think I posted a piccy of that on a previous page in this topic).

I do like that bag though, very neat but why do they have to cost so much given that a proper flightcase will cost the same. I'm sure a similar soft bag offering from Gator is about the same price... Must see if I can find it again as their bag quality is far better (but getting parts and service in the UK is absolute pants though!)

Posted Thu 22 Dec 11 @ 3:26 am
Hey guys, just got my MC6000 and i must say Denon put a amazing sound card inside this thing. I went from a NI Komplete audio 6 card to the Denon and its night and day. I know some of my friends who are NI fans think im just hearing what i want but when the light guy says "did you change your setup because the music sounds so much fuller and clear tonight" enough said, great job Denon. a interesting side note I am running the Denon not with the ASIO but with WDM as it runs much better at a lower latency, 5ms (ran for 5 hours no issues with Asus i7 quad 6g ram NIVIDA 1g card windows 7 64bit)

Posted Thu 22 Dec 11 @ 1:41 pm
Yes, as discussed on the Denon forum I also use WDM and it will run forever. I have used 11ms in the past but since I got my stonkingly fast new laptop this week I will do some testing with 5ms tonight.

I agree the sound output is loud and very clear indeed. top notch card.

Thanks for the info!

Keith

Posted Thu 22 Dec 11 @ 2:12 pm
Same here WDM all the way and it sounds excellent. Just never quite got the ASIO settings to work right.

Apply the keep it simple approach and there's very little that can go wrong :)

Posted Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 5:25 am
pbouzan wrote :
Same here WDM all the way and it sounds excellent. Just never quite got the ASIO settings to work right.

Apply the keep it simple approach and there's very little that can go wrong :)

I couldnt agree more! I am shocked about one thing though and i have been ranting about it on the Denon forum, why did Denon put such a sharp curve on the eqs and faders?( in INT mode) I have msg them about this and called. I mix house music so for me the channel fader curve is a big deal. the default fader curve for as long as i have been working in the radio and club industry (17 years) is / (smooth fade)

Posted Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 1:56 pm
I am using Virtual DJ 7.0.5b and the Denon MC-6000. I have some setting wrong and I hope someone can help.

My needs are pretty basic. I want to load a track on Channel 2 (call it "Deck One Track") and another track on Channel 3 (call it "Deck Two Track.") When I move my fader all the way to A (left), I want "Deck One Track" to be at full volume and "Deck Two Track" to be silent. When I move the fader all the way to B (right), I want the opposite.

Currently, however, regardless of what settings I try, "Deck One Track" works correctly and "Deck two track" is silent on the far left, silent on the far right and at its full volume when the slider is in the middle.

I have the back set to INT/Mix and have tried numerous combinations of settings in the Sound Set Up tab.

I would really appreciate any advice on fixing this really basic set up.

Thanks so much,

Alan

Posted Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 2:04 pm
Check the crossfader assignment on the front of the MC-6000

Keith

Posted Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 2:42 pm
Also check the fader volumes on the software are up full. There is a glitch in Int Mix mode that sends the fader positions at startup to the software which can reset them to 0.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Fri 23 Dec 11 @ 3:51 pm
WDM works great for me too ever since I read from VDJ's Chris early post suggesting to use WDM to work around the problem. I got my MC6k exactly this time last year and I could not get rid of the crackles and pops with Denon's ASIO no matter what I did. I have the MC6k in PC mix; VDJ sound setup in Advanced Config with 'DN-MC6000' (WDM) for audio.

Keith, but where do you view and set the latency time for the WDM driver? All along, I have thought it's not settable. I have XP and I had also ran Windows 7 before. Thanks and merry Christmas to all.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 7:39 am
It's in virtual DJ. Config, performances and at the top there's a click down box.

Keith

Posted Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 9:53 am
I found that when I was holding BACK+FWD+ RIGHT SHIFT it would time out try BACK+FWD+LEFT SHIFT

Posted Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 10:30 am
Ahhh!...Hey, thanks so much, man!...It was just right in front of me thru all this time. I have checked out this window before but did not notice the 'latency' box. Ha!...It is set in 'auto' and MC6k produces great sound with it but I'd like to try other specific settings...All the best.

Ed S.

Posted Sat 24 Dec 11 @ 10:31 am
lsuaveLE userMember since 2012
hello

I hope somebody can help me...

I was updating my mc6000, but after the update finished the (cue1) lights are still on, so I unplugged, but did not work, I try to press the restart bottom then unplugged everything and the problem still. I don't know what to do....

Posted Sun 01 Jan 12 @ 10:17 pm
Hi. You've not said if you use MAC or pc but I had this once and j just ran the update again and it cleared the problem. Give that a try and report back.

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 2:48 am
88%