Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 33

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

What is the advance config when using windows drivers. Tried in my club tonight, and too many pops and clicks using ASIO. Good thing I had my Gigaport and DMC2.

Posted Fri 16 Sep 11 @ 7:45 pm
You duon't need advanced config, just select 4.1 card and MC6000 for WDM and set latency in performance tab at 11ms. Has worked perfectly for me. Denon Asio drivers are crap.

Keith

Posted Fri 16 Sep 11 @ 8:38 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Anyone else experiencing distortion on both mic channels??? I am.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 2:53 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
You duon't need advanced config, just select 4.1 card and MC6000 for WDM and set latency in performance tab at 11ms. Has worked perfectly for me. Denon Asio drivers are crap.

Keith

Thanks for the quick response, but I had already changed the controller. Just tried your config at home, and they seem to work. This seems to be an intermittent problem, because I did not notice this in my Thurs nite club. Even though it was my setup, I have a Mackie 450 blasting as a monitor. I did not hear any cracks and pops. I have used the mc6000 in that club for three weeks. Now my Fri nite club has it's own system, but I noticed the cracks and pops in the booth monitor and my headphone, almost immediately.

On another note, I may not use the mc6000 in this club anyway. Because of the size, I had to move my computer monitor way to the side, and down. This is not comfortable to me. I will have to figure out a way to get the monitor at least up to my line of sight. Yeah, there is room on either side for the controller, but I am a in the middle type of guy. Plus, this club has a Rane 2016 mixer, and I love it.

Again, thanks for the quick response. When you are live, this forum helps.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 3:29 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
Anyone else experiencing distortion on both mic channels??? I am.

Are you using wireless?

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 3:29 pm
Yes. Wireless.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 3:53 pm
ok i noticed my main volume was at 1/4. I raised it and lowered my mic channels. I said something real quick and it sounded a lot better. I'll see how it goes for rest of party. Less than an hour left. This is with a brand new pgx24/sm58 system and old UT4A SM58 system.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 4:07 pm
I had to lower the volume all the way on the receiver, and it worked like a charm.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 4:15 pm
Sounds good now. Both mics.

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 4:33 pm
Weird. Thanks AMAHM!

Posted Sat 17 Sep 11 @ 4:46 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Another flawless night with this unit, can't say enough good about it, even in total darkness.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 11 @ 9:37 am
Can someone confirm that the main volume needs to be at a certain level for the mics to sound
right?

Posted Sun 18 Sep 11 @ 10:06 am
The mic inputs are a bit powerful, if you are using wireless just select the lowest Db output on the mic control panel and also turn down the level on the receiver unit.

There's not too much you can do for line mics though!

I never run my master out at more than 50% but then the club I work in does have a severely overpowered system for the size of the room.

Keith

Posted Sun 18 Sep 11 @ 10:28 am
Yeah I have a pgx4/sm58 system and I had to set it to -10db. As long as everything is set right and "normal" then I'm good. It's just weird that the master has to be at a certain level. I am getting the new shure digital system tomorrow. I'll see how that goes.

Posted Sun 18 Sep 11 @ 10:38 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I am finding this a little tricky to set up.
You must have the main level up to hear the mics clear and strong.
Lowering the gains on the main channels will help, but also lower the output level overall.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 5:05 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
The mic inputs on the MC6000 are quite sensitive and do not have the headroom afforded by other mixers on the market. I find I can overload them very easily even with a decent cabled microphone. For this reason you need to turn the output of the radio mic receiver down low. Most radio mic receivers can output a healthy line-level signal once its level control is past half way (5/10) so having this control at only 2/10 or 3/10 is more than sufficient in most cases. The mic level controls on the MC should then give you good range to set the output level to your taste. If the signal is still too hot, reduce the control on the mic receiver even more or check that there isn't a mic/line switch (my Shure receiver has one) set wrongly.

You don't want to be turning your master level control down to compensate for a powerful mic input as this will restrict your ability to set a decent gain structure for your music sources. Everyone has an ideal position for their master control but for a good signal to noise ratio and healthy output, having it between 5/10 and 7/10 would be deemed 'normal'.

Hope this helps :)

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 6:32 am
5/10 where I was when the mics sounded good...and real good. The pgx system doesn't have a volume control but I did have to set it to -10db on the switch inside the transmitter. I didn't realize I had the master that low for technology 1st half of the party. When I raised it and lowered the mic volumes on the 6000 it was all good. The MC6000 is a great unit. It doesn't make sense to have the master less than 5/10 anyway.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 6:55 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Koz wrote :
5/10 where I was when the mics sounded good...and real good. The pgx system doesn't have a volume control but I did have to set it to -10db on the switch inside the transmitter. I didn't realize I had the master that low for technology 1st half of the party. When I raised it and lowered the mic volumes on the 6000 it was all good. The MC6000 is a great unit. It doesn't make sense to have the master less than 5/10 anyway.

Ah yeah, the PGX is a set output. When I feed my Sennheiser EWs into the MC I find a -10db setting works well too.

If you have the master set too low you'll notice the audio is rather 'thin' and lacks dynamics but as you found this soon rectified itself when you upped the master.

I agree, the MC6000 is a fantastic unit and excellent value for money. Denon have also been very attentive to firmware updates to ensure it functions reliably with VDJ. My only 2 niggles are 1. the horrid fisher price echo on the mics, please could we have a nice reverb instead and 2. a third (or even 4th) mic input on the matrix inputs for channels 1 and 4. With those two changes the MC6000 could double up for karaoke and small live events - many of which DJs often cross over into.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 7:56 am
I'm not into the karaoke thing. I usually pass it along to someone else... if need be. I would have liked to see an xlr/quarter inch input on the second mic input. I have the VMS4 and it has it. The VMS4.1 has it too. Don't understand why they didn't include that. Obviously it didn't stop be from buying it.

I agree the echo is "Fisher Price" like. I don't use that feature anyhow. Once in a while I have a violinist or saxophonist work with me and they appreciate the fact that i have something. I personally have no use for it at all.

I'm very glad to know my unit is working correctly. The only problem I saw was the stuttering problem when hitting play. It happened twice and I wasn't the one using it when it happened both times.

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 8:10 am
Spotted something Saturday night... I don't use the crossfader for audio as I use it for video. So I mix with the channel faders.

What I noticed that you don't eally pick up the channel until you are at least at 50% of the fader. I end up with mixes that seem to come straight out of nowhere (even though they sound good in the phones) and when finishing the mix, they tend to just drop off to nowhere.

Anyone else experienced this?

The only other real annoyance is the fact that the 6000 still wants to set my VDJ volume faders to zero when it starts...

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 19 Sep 11 @ 8:28 am
83%