Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 32

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not a pretty or control-laden skin - it's quite minimalistic and all my skins are currently 1920x1200 which doesn't suit most people either!

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 4:00 pm
Would be interested to see a screen shot. I too believe skins should be minimal with buttons/controls with more room for info... why repeat what the controller can tell you.

Mind you Scott, you'd need some serious post it note labelling from what you've said...

Roy

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 4:06 pm
Nah, it's all completely logical to me!

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 4:24 pm

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 4:38 pm
Hmm... that didn't work to0 well... lol

Clicking on it causes a photobucket error too...

Roy

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 5:56 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Was able to click and view on my iPhone. Not clear though.

Anyone have a solution for the play stutter problem. Kinda happened last night while my MC was using the 6000. He turned scratch off and somehow play was play again. Very weird.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 6:27 pm
Changed the images...

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 3:54 am
Is this a valid statement?

? pitch <> 0 : pitch_reset ¦ sync

Excuse wrong characters. Writing this on the mobile?

Roy

Posted Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 2:51 pm
Is it possible when setting the pitch to the middle that the pitch on vdj resets slowly like the VMS4?

Posted Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 4:04 pm
@ Koz try..

param_equal 50% ? pitch_reset : pitch_slider

if that moves to fast for you, you could use a modifier like "pitch_reset 1%" (the higher the percentage the faster the reset)

Posted Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 4:17 pm
To what key?

Posted Fri 09 Sep 11 @ 4:23 pm
Am i mapping this (param_equal 50% ? pitch_reset : pitch_slider) to the pitch slider key? Am i adding the : pitch_slider part?

Prob sounds like a newb question but can someone help me out?

Posted Sat 10 Sep 11 @ 9:48 am
Modifying MC6000 mappings:

So starting to play with the mappings on the MC6000. Dissapointed somethings weren't there and also trying to get the setup close to my personal setup on the RMX. Here's where I am so far:

Pitch Reset - Surprised it wasn't supported. So without mapping another button I have decided that if the pitch is not central when I hit sync, it will perform the pitch reset whilst retaining the original shift action:

var '$shift' ? masterdeck : pitch 100% ? sync : pitch_reset

Adjusting The CBG - I'm now lost if I can't do this from the jog wheels, so I dumped all the shift stuff which I doubt I would ever use and replaced it with this:

var '$shift' ? adjust_cbg : touchwheel

Cue - Don't like the cue_stop action so reverted to stop. So it would cycle through the cue points too (as the RMX does). Then added a shift for dump:

var '$shift' ? dump while_pressed : stop

Play/Pause - Added an unload on shift:

var '$shift' ? unload : play_pause

Search - Here's where I'm stuck! I want to add this as a shift to the BROWSER button/action. However I can't get my head around what the current action is and where to add the var '$shift' ?. Ideally I'd like to add it so if the browser page isn't selected, select and search otherwise just search. Below is the default action.

set '$browser' 1 & down ? nothing : var_equal '$browser' 2 ? set '$browser' 0 : set '$browser' 0 & var '$sampler' ? skin_panel "mixer" on & set '$sampler' 2 : page "browser" ? browser_zoom : page "browser"

Any help would be appreciated.

Roy

Posted Sat 10 Sep 11 @ 12:40 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Where I don't ujse the pitch bend buttons for bending and use the jogvwhel, I use the + for pitch reset and the- for beat_tap and set the cbg on the fly. Other than that I have made no changves to the original map.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 6:40 pm
Is there a way to use the shift button plus jog wheel to adjust the loop shift?

Shift plus cue button to eject?

Shift plus play button to clone other deck and sync it?

Able to turn filter on and off manually...not when actually turning the knob?

Please let me know what keys and the actual action.

Thank you.

Posted Sun 11 Sep 11 @ 8:00 pm
DJ Koz wrote :
Is there a way to use the shift button plus jog wheel to adjust the loop shift?

On the jog wheel:
loop ? var "$shift" ? loop_move : touchwheel : touchwheel
Also on the "Touchwheel_Touch" element make sure it has it's original mapping:
var "$shift" ? nothing : touchwheel_touch

DJ Koz wrote :
Shift plus cue button to eject?

On the CUE button:
var "$shift" ? unload : cue_button

DJ Koz wrote :
Shift plus play button to clone other deck and sync it?

On the PLAY button:
var "$shift" ? clone_deck : play_button

DJ Koz wrote :
Able to turn filter on and off manually...not when actually turning the knob?

No. You need to use other (than the native) filter to achieve this. If you are on windows you can use "QB Filter" (It's a VST plug-in)
Otherwise you can assign a button with the following command "filter 50%" that will "turn off" the filter, but as soon as you move the filter knob it will be enabled again and it will JUMP to the cut-off frequency

Posted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 6:53 am
You beat me to it Phantom ;-)

Roy

Posted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 3:22 pm
Thanks guys. I will try those out.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 1:40 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
stuttering problems starts to really annoying me... it seems the older the controller gets the worse play button stutters and other buttons too. When I do my pre-work at home, I usually use left side of the controller to set cue points. It seems that left deck buttons causes now more problems than right side, just because I have used it more. Stutter is perhaps wrong word, it's more like double clicking, when you click a button, clicking happens twice. In play button it sounds like stuttering when it starts and pauses immediately (i use "play_pause" script).

Cleaning does not work, buttons are just bad quality i guess.... is it possible to alternate midi settings or change somehow scripts so that double clicking is ignored??

Posted Fri 16 Sep 11 @ 4:51 am
If it's still in the first year warranty then send it back for repair.

I had similar issues with the HC4500 but switch cleaner seemed to work on that controller.

Keith

Posted Fri 16 Sep 11 @ 7:00 am
80%