Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 31

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I love this 6000 Roy. One of the nice things I've found myself using all the time is the navigation buttons and ROTARY knob in the centre. I used to always use the mouse for those operations, I still use the mouse for some things i.e. I like my centre browse list in BPM order by clicking on the header (a habit I got used to when it was the default in PCDJ RED all those years ago), also I click in the search box regularly as I play loads of requests all the time.

Little tip; after finding a track with the ROTARY then PRESS the ROTARY will load that track into the right hand wait list. I always put my list of requests in there. I never did see the point of the browser lists being highlighted/focused, now I do when using the BACK and FORWARD navigation buttons :-)

After thinking about it overnight I am going to change the CUE button to a STOP button. Currently in the factory mapping it will return to the CUE point if pressed while the tune is playing. But, on thinking about it, it can't cycle through the CUE points. I've always liked the way the RMX STOP button worked, so, gonna change it (only needs about 4-5 characters deleting lol).

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 3:20 am
Cool... I look forward to sharing more mapping with you. Now to find a way to map the search box to a button. One less reason to pick up the mouse ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 5:17 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJSoulman wrote :
Well, after some more testing there is definitely some crackling going on. Tried various settings to no avail. It is definitely the ASIO drivers as I switched to the WDM drivers with the Advanced configuration and no more crackling. So, this is the way I will have to use it. Not a problem for me as I don't scratch and don't need ultra low latency.

kradcliffe wrote :
See my comments on the "distortion" thread on the general board. The Denon Asio drivers do not work well with VDJ.

Keith

Same issues here, I've been using the advanced config and WDM ('speakers') option since getting the MC at the turn of the year. It doesn't affect the audio quality so I'm not really worried.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 10:04 am
GadgetMan wrote :
Now to find a way to map the search box to a button. One less reason to pick up the mouse ;-)

Ha ha ha, you'll be lucky, this thing is so comprehensively mapped you'll have to lose something.

Hang on........ I've got one........ as an experienced DJ like myself I bet you NEVER use the DUCKING feature for the mic!!! I always use the volume fader manually when yaking on the mic lol.

There you go....... now, is there a verb for the SEARCH BOX to map to the DUCKING button???

Will have a look when your show is finished (I'm on the Mac side, need to be on the PC side). Yes I AM listening and loving the tunes :-)

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 5:50 pm
Scrap that idea, the mic channel, monitor and booth send are functions of the real mixer bit, therefore, no MIDI. :-(

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Just changed the CUE to STOP and its not working, it's the same as it was, dunno why. Wonder if................. nope, shutting down and restarting didn't help.

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 6:45 pm
Scrapped this post, but can't delete it.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 3:51 am
Dunno if this will be what you're looking for Roy;

I don't use the CROSSFADER and have always had it disabled in the VDJ options. So, I have re-programmed it for selecting the SEARCH BOX.

I have assigned the search verb to the VIDEO_CROSSFADER

and the clear_search verb to the AUDIO_CROSSFADER

The way to use it is; when the AUDIO light is on next to the CF MODE button, press the CF MODE button once to switch to the VIDEO light.

Then move the CROSSFADER from A to B, you will then see the cursor blinking in the SEARCH BOX

You can then type your search and use the SCROLL WHEEL to select as normal.

Moving the CROSSFADER from B to A clears the SEARCH BOX and reverts the BROWSER back to it's previous display.

Due to struggling to find a spare button this is probably not the most elegant way of doing it, but, it works!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Seems that moving the CROSSFADER in any direction sets the focus to the SEARCH BOX, then after typing, moving the CROSSFADER in any direction clears the SEARCH BOX.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 11 @ 5:15 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I guess no one has been experiencing problems with this great product. Denon once again has nailed it. Another successful product.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 9:19 am
Nope, it's perfect in every way. Mixer is high quality, sound output is crystal clear and with VDJ script you can personalize it as much as you want. Mic ducking is a bit slow but may be fixed in a FW update.

Only drawback is that the Denon Asio drivers are shyte, but WDM works just fine. Best piece of kit I've ever owned!

Keith

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 9:25 am
I have to agree with Keith, the AISO drivers are nothing but a pain in the ass to fiddle with but the WDM (the 'speakers' setting) sounds perfect to me and works along with my Gigaport HD for multiple audio outputs. I have a slightly lazy cue 3 button but it's not got any worse than the odd time I have to push it twice to operate. Sliders till feel firm and positive and platters haven't gone all floppy and unresistive.

Crossfader is suffering a tiny tiny bit of extreme end travel drift. You wouldn't notice on anything but video crossfade effects where as soon as you're one MIDI bit into the crossfade a video element changes i.e. SBDJ boxes. I find I have to change to a fade or dissolve to prevent the drift from causing a visual faux pas. Other than that its grown to be a natural extension of VDJ that gives me all the hands on control I need. Uber reliable and sooo flexible to the extent I am almost considering buying another one for home and (hopefully rare!) backup use.

Posted Thu 01 Sep 11 @ 3:17 pm
Got mine at the AC convention, and have been practicing at home for a few weeks. Thought I had it right, and wanted to use for Sept 4th wedding. So, took it to my regular Thurs club. Hit a few buttons I did not want to, but got through pretty good. Went to use the mic and the shit hit the fan. Way to hot and the ducking did not seem to work. Barely made it through the night with minimum announcements, and will try when I get home. So, had to wait til today to try, and it seems that I had to turn down the attenuation on my wireless transmitter all the way. The mic seems to work fine this way, but the ducking does not work. The button lights up, but it does not lower the master output, as it is supposed to. Any one have this problem?

As for the overall observations, I am starting to love this unit. The booth section kicks, since I always use a monitor. It is a little cramped, but they have put a lot in here. I am not able to use multiple video effects with this unit, I have to use my mouse. Is this a mapping issue? Pitch reset should have been on here, but I mapped it in without any problem. I actually did it while playing because, I thought I could do without it. I was wrong, I need this function. I would not advise mapping while playing, but I have big ones. Am trying to get it together, because I plan on using it tomorrow at the wedding. I don't know if I will use tonight at the club, (different than Thur night club) because it would mean altering the physical set up, in the booth. I would have to put my monitor on the side, and don't know if I will like that. Plus, I do love the Rane 2016 mixer there.

Any help with this ducking thing, or do I have a bad unit?

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 12:50 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
what is it with the button contacts? When I press play, it sometimes double presses and pauses. How to fix em? Also other buttons fail sometimes. I have contact spray but how to put it under button? I have used mc6000 for 5 months and now it started doing this.

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 6:48 pm
jaakko wrote :
what is it with the button contacts? When I press play, it sometimes double presses and pauses. How to fix em? Also other buttons fail sometimes. I have contact spray but how to put it under button? I have used mc6000 for 5 months and now it started doing this.

This problem affects all Denon kit to a greater or lesser extent, they've always had problems with the tiny microswitches that sit under the big squidgy buttons. You seem to be affected more than others, I just have a dodgy cue3. It does seem to happen in waves though and probably coincides with different batches of the switches arriving at the factory.

I do find that you get the problem and then it tends to go away after a while. I am a bit heavy handed though so giving the button a bit of repeated hand action - a bit like twiddling a volume pot to get rid of crackling - may clear the issue. If the affected button(s) continue to play up then a warranty return is probably the best way to go. I've not ripped the lid off of mine yet to see how the rubber inlay is designed so applying switch cleaner could be anything from a fairly laborious task to a complete nightmare, there is already a lot of screws and knobs to remove!

Posted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 7:25 pm
ok first time I ran into a problem with the MC6000. Played great for 5 hours last night then all of a sudden when i hit play on deck 2 it would just stutter. When I hit any spot on the waveform it would just rewind itself to the beginning. I've seen this problem posted before on this topic but not sure what the real solution is.

I was using deck 4 instead of deck 2 to finish off the night but weird thing is I was using the same play button for deck 4.

This morning I plugged everything in again to see what the problem could be and the problem was not there.

I did use a compressed air spray (Endust for electronics) on it AFTER i tried it this morning to make sure no dust or anything was trapped in there just in case.

I did upgrade to newest firmware before this problem.

I have a wedding tonight. We'll see if the problem comes back.

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 11:08 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
First live show last night was flawless, every time I look at it I smile.

Tonight is a rather large video dance tonight, looking forward to using it again.

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 12:31 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I'm very happy with mine as well, although I did end up mapping it from scratch and not a lot of buttons do what they say on them now!

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 4:16 pm
SBDJ wrote :
I'm very happy with mine as well, although I did end up mapping it from scratch and not a lot of buttons do what they say on them now!

Why does that not surprise me! lol!

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 4:51 pm
Loving mine too... Also know I need to re-map some of it just haven't worked out what or where yet.

Mind you, it took me over 2 years to get my RMX mapped the way I like it!

Roy

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 1:08 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
pbouzan wrote :
Why does that not surprise me! lol!

You know I'm a bit 'special'.

Had to modify my skin too to make decks 1 and 2 on the left, 3 and 4 on the right.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 3:08 pm
Please share SBDJ

Posted Mon 05 Sep 11 @ 3:36 pm
78%