Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 30

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

tadarylPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello,

I have my mic connected to the denon dn mc 6000 and im using a mac computer. I'm trying to record a mix on VDJ. The audio records great but the Mic sound will not record. Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Posted Thu 05 May 11 @ 8:46 pm
Hi all,

had my denon mc6000 now for over 4 months and I love it.

all except one tiny thing......

I would like a key on the mixer, when pressed to autofade from one deck to another - I accidently did it once presing a key combination on the mixer but have not been able to find it since.

If it is not in the midi mapping would it be easy to put one in a custom file?

If so how?

Many thanks

Posted Wed 01 Jun 11 @ 7:27 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
VIP DISCO & KARAOKE wrote :
Hi all,

had my denon mc6000 now for over 4 months and I love it.

all except one tiny thing......

I would like a key on the mixer, when pressed to autofade from one deck to another - I accidently did it once presing a key combination on the mixer but have not been able to find it since.

If it is not in the midi mapping would it be easy to put one in a custom file?

If so how?

Many thanks

Same here, great piece of kit isn't it. So far I've had 100% perfect use from it with no bugs or itchies present.

You have got such a key, I use it all the time. Parameter One rotary control on a stock video skin is transition select and the Parameter 1 button activates the auto crossfade using the selected transition.

Hope this helps.

Posted Wed 01 Jun 11 @ 5:09 pm
Had the email through today, update doesn't seem to be on the site yet? I haven't logged in to look for it yet.

v.1.007 DN-MC6000 F/W
This is an automated message to inform you of new software available for your registered DN-MC6000 model(s).  To obtain this software, simply log in to your Denon DJ Club account here and download the update.  Contained within the download will be specific instructions on how to update your unit(s).

Highlights of the software updates are as follows:

DN-MC6000
Latest Plug-ins: (v.1.007) as of June 8th, 2011

Adds DN-MC6000 support for Traktor 2 (.tsi file included)
Add Sample Deck control function
Add Loop Recorder control function
Improved pitch slider curve
Improved touch sensitivity on both decks.  New default setting after update.
Fixed random software/hardware freeze over MIDI communication
Improved the function to choose JOG Interval Time (3ms - 20ms)

Posted Thu 09 Jun 11 @ 12:28 pm
tomvassie wrote :
Had the email through today, update doesn't seem to be on the site yet? I haven't logged in to look for it yet.

v.1.007 DN-MC6000 F/W
This is an automated message to inform you of new software available for your registered DN-MC6000 model(s).  To obtain this software, simply log in to your Denon DJ Club account here and download the update.  Contained within the download will be specific instructions on how to update your unit(s).

Highlights of the software updates are as follows:

DN-MC6000
Latest Plug-ins: (v.1.007) as of June 8th, 2011

Adds DN-MC6000 support for Traktor 2 (.tsi file included)
Add Sample Deck control function
Add Loop Recorder control function
Improved pitch slider curve
Improved touch sensitivity on both decks.  New default setting after update.
Fixed random software/hardware freeze over MIDI communication
Improved the function to choose JOG Interval Time (3ms - 20ms)

Yeah, you can only get it thru the Denon DJ Club at -> http://www.denondj.com/denon-dj-Club.aspx

Downloaded mine, will get it on at the weekend when all the kit is out.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 11 @ 12:13 pm
tadaryl wrote :
Hello,

I have my mic connected to the denon dn mc 6000 and im using a mac computer. I'm trying to record a mix on VDJ. The audio records great but the Mic sound will not record. Does anyone know a solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance,

I wanna do the same but on a PC

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 1:26 am
If you look back in this thread it is explained how to do this in advanced configuration with WDM drivers only. Won't work with Asio due to limitations.

Keith

Posted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 8:54 am
Hey guys, I ran into the first and only problem I have had with my MC6000. Over the weekend while at a wedding the play button on the right hand deck stuttered instead of actually starting the song. It was intermittent but the first time I thought it was a fluke but over the course of the night it did happen a couple more times. Anyone else run into this issue?

Basically a few times when I hit play it just blurted a fraction of a seconds worth of the beginning of the track rather than starting the song. So of course I had to hit the play button a second time to get the track to start.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 1:40 pm
This happened to me a lot on the HC4500 and it seems the buttons on Denon controllers need cleaning quite a bit if frequently used.

It's started happening to one of the buttons on the MC6000 a couple of times but I've not done anything about it yet. All you need to do is gently prize off the rubber button and spray some switch cleaner. That should work.

There's also a possiblilty it could be midi related, have you updated to the latest firmware?

Keith

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 2:13 pm
Looks like the lates2 version I have is ver 1002

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 2:30 pm

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 2:56 pm
Thanks Keith, I will definitely update to the newest firmware version 1007. Do you know if this will affect the mapping etc.? So to be clear though, if its a dirty button the rubber button just pops out?

Thanks,

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 3:36 pm
Same here with my play buttons and also my channel 3 cue button, it takes an additional press every now and again.

Denon's reputation for reliable buttons isn't that high to be honest and getting the replacement switches is a pita too. Knowing how the rubber buttons are formed as one piece inside most CD-based Denon kit I've serviced in the past I wouldn't suggest trying to prize a single button off but if Keith has managed it then I guess they must be single elements?

Perhaps I should pull my MC6000 apart soon and report on the internal elements...

Posted Tue 12 Jul 11 @ 5:32 pm
I haven't tried on the MC6000 yet but the buttons on the HC4500 are individual ones. Updating the firmware won't affect your VDJ mapping.

Keith

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 2:45 am
Right on, I am going to using it tonight so I will update the firmware. I'm a bit nervous about the button removal but it is starting to sound like cleaning it is going to be the fix.

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 4:03 pm
Good luck, let us know if the new firmware makes any difference.

Keith

Posted Wed 13 Jul 11 @ 4:10 pm
Got my shiny new MC6000 last Wednesday. :-)

Spent a couple of days messing with it and reading threads on here. Had a few crackles and wrongly assumed that I should ditch the ASIO in favour of WDM drivers. I updated the firmware from the Denon website. Set it up in advanced. Went off to my first gig on Friday. I found that my headphones were just putting out the main output, so, when the band were doing their first 45 minute set I switched out the MC6000 and put in my RMX for the rest of that gig followed by the nightclub gig.

When I got home I started checking out the sound setup with the MC6000 and found I had wrongly mapped it in the advanced (hadn't paid enough attention). Doing more testing yesterday I found that the crackling was more likely too much volume as the output on this seems to be hot. I returned back to the ASIO drivers and checked the headphones. Everything was fine. So, last night at my nightclub gig I really got to try it out properly. After using it I find that I need to re-program a coupe of buttons.

After using the RMX for 2 years I'm used to using the PITCH RESET button after mixing. There isn't one on the MC6000. I had to manually move the pitch fader to pick up the setting on the computer screen and gradually move it back to it's central position after mixing. I don't ever scratch so the VINYL button enabled with the SHIFT button is what I'm planning to change for that purpose.

There is a STOP button on the RMX that, when pressed, returns to cue point 1 and continually pressing skips through all cue points. There isn't one on the MC6000. I found that checking a tune in my headphones meant that afterwards to return to my cue point I had to press CUE1 then PAUSE and manually return to the cue position with the jog wheel. The CUE button next to the PLAY button seems redundant when the same operation can be done with the CUE1, CUE2, CUE3 and CUE4 buttons. This seems to be a likely candidate to change to a STOP button.

Overall I was very impressed with the MC6000. The mic channel was excellent, my sample jingles were way too loud though, I had to drop the volume to 1/4 to balance with the music output. I did get a comment off the manager that there was a little too much bass. She didn't mention it til I'd finished, I had noticed that the bass amp was hitting the red at a lower output level than previously. My main output is going into a channel on the club's mixer, all are with flat eq's. Next week I will try cutting the bass a little on the club mixer and all should be good.

An excellent piece of kit, coupled with my Macbook Pro I feel I have the best setup and can't think of anything better. Looking forward to receiving my Magma flightcase soon as they were out of stock when I ordered the MC6000.

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Well that was quick!!!! Gotta love VDJ Script.

Discovered from the MC6000 mapping how the CUE button works, no need to change it, ha ha ha. Press CUE WHILE it is playing returns to the cue point and pauses.

The VINYL button with SHIFT now resets the pitch :-)

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 7:57 am
Well, after some more testing there is definitely some crackling going on. Tried various settings to no avail. It is definitely the ASIO drivers as I switched to the WDM drivers with the Advanced configuration and no more crackling. So, this is the way I will have to use it. Not a problem for me as I don't scratch and don't need ultra low latency.

Posted Sun 17 Jul 11 @ 7:59 pm
See my comments on the "distortion" thread on the general board. The Denon Asio drivers do not work well with VDJ.

Keith

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 1:12 am
Les,

We are two peas in a pod. Got my 6000 last week and also upgrading from the RMX as you know.

Only have it configured for broadcasting at the moment. Gonna keep the RMX for gigs while I fine tune the 6000 and get used to it. Plus I have a new laptop coming in a couple if weeks so I'll marry them together then ;-)

I agree with the cue button issue, Keith is giving me a copy of his re-mapping and I might pinch a few more from the RMX - like the cue point jumping. I'll keep you posted...

I've also spent quite a while creating a $shift map for the RMX using the scratch button to shift. I know the centre panel does much of this but I need to do a proper comparison.

First true run out with the 6000 tonight at 20:00GMT on www.soulcitygrooves.com ;-)

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 18 Jul 11 @ 2:12 am
75%