Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 29

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Guys, I am a bit confused on the Controller's ASIO latency settings (in VDJ) and the Audio Buffer settings in the ASIO Driver Settings. Are these the same things because judging by their name they mean 2 completely things to me.

A latency setting means how long it takes for the device to respond. Therefore a lower number translates into a quicker and smoother response.

An audio buffer means teh ability to hold audio in some sort of memory to be used in case other components fail to keep up transferring audio data. In this case more is better. Like the buffer on CD burners.

Are these terms used this way in the software? I say this because I see some mods are recommending lowering the Audio Buffer settings talking as if it were a latency setting.

Also the Tick/Check Item named "Ultra ASIO Latency" in VDJ settings, when checked does it mean:
- Apply extra latency, meaning more time between commands = slow response
or
- do they mean "Ultra Low Latency"???

Sorry, going bunkers trying ot figure out how were these terms were applied.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 12:01 pm
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Ideally you want to be working in real time with no buffering at all but we know that isn't always possible so a little bit of buffer always smooths the way.

Aim to get the latency as low as possible but if this gives you problems i.e. glitchy sound or unexpected results from the controller, then nudge it up a little. You will soon find the optimum setting for your computer and controller combination.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 12:42 pm
Oh geeze... I get it. What Im wanting it to do is working on the actual controller (mc6000 (pitch bend +/-) its just not working on the screen buttons. Which is good enough.

Thanks

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 12:44 pm
stirallyracer wrote :
To SCOOBYDOO: I get the same problem with my unit, but on the left wheel. I also get the same miditrace readings as well. It looks as if the jogwheel repeatedly sends alternating signals of left right left right, no matter which way you turn it. Because on the good wheel, it only sends one signal for right and another for left. The bad wheel sends both signals one after another. Denon said I just have to return the unit to them.

Have you found a fix? Or is it really just a hardware problem?

i got a replacement unit from my supplier

rog

Posted Sun 03 Apr 11 @ 12:53 pm
I have purchased the mc6000 2 days ago, im trying to set it up but its becoming so complecated,,

first problem i have is: i am not able to hear anything in my headphone to be able to cue i tried many different ways using the sound configs and nothing, i even read the manuel 3 times

second, i am not able to use ch2 & 3 as midi only and the 1&4 as line in by selecting the knobs on the top of each channel

your help would be very apreciated

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 10:46 pm
have you tried these suggestions...

http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4365/Denon_DN-MC6000_Configuration.html

If you are successfully sending the Headphone audio via the MC6k's channels 3&4 then you should be able to control the volume with the Headphone volume knob on the MC6k after selecting the appropriate CUE button.

If still having issues, make sure the controller itself is working correctly, plug analog 2 audio sources (like some CD players) to the controller to be assigned to CH1 and CH4 and select the appropriate source for those 2 channels. The audio should be routed directly to the master out (and headphones) using the hardware capabilities of the unit. If this is not working then maybe the controller is bad but that is very odd.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 12:32 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Can anyone help?

I've got a new Windows 7 laptop 64bit Home Premium.

I can't get sound form the Denon Asio drivers. They seem to load properly with no errors, however either the track plays normal speed or very fast (in about 5 seconds) but with no sound at all. All the midi commands work fine and the track plays but is silent.

Things work normally with the MC6000 WDM in external mixer 4.1 card mode but Asio is silent.

I've tried disabling webcam drivers, installing the Denon drivers with UAC off etc. but after 3 days I'm stumped. It's the first time I've used Windows 7 rather than XP but as hard as I try I can't get any sound from the Asio drivers, even though VDJ loads them and I can change latency etc. in the control panel.

I think I'm going mad ........

Keith

I got same problem!!!No sound with asio under win 7 64

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 4:02 am
After lots and lots of investigation I finally solved the problem ...... the MC-6000 only has sound on Asio when it's plugged in to the USB3 socket.

Not sure if that's the same issue you're having?

Keith

Posted Sat 16 Apr 11 @ 5:08 am
kradcliffe wrote :
After lots and lots of investigation I finally solved the problem ...... the MC-6000 only has sound on Asio when it's plugged in to the USB3 socket.

Not sure if that's the same issue you're having?

Keith

That is a strange one Keith. I'm using W7 64 bit and get ASIO-driven sound on my USB2 sockets without a problem. Very little kit has USB3 though so it may a problem yet to be seen in any great quantity...?

One problem I do seem to have with the MC6000 specifically is a hum loop in the mic section when using radio mic receivers and connecting the laptop via USB and the VGA output. Jury's still out on the exact cause but I'm working on it.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 7:28 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I just got my MC-6000 today. Just 1 question... is it possible to use 4 decks in int mix mode?

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 2:22 pm
not exactly, VDJ will control 2 decks, or I should say you will be able to use VDJ with 2 of the controller's decks. I believe CH 2 & 3.
You could plug in other sources on CH1 & CH4 and te controller will mix it using its own HW mixer bypassing VDJ.
It works but you won't be able to load tracks using VDJ on the extra decks.

I am not sure why people insist on using INT MIX so much, as with an i5 or better processor based laptop and this controller I cannot notice any latency issues. My software sliders move at the same time as I physically move them. On the CONFIG I choose "quality" scratch and the jogs do a much better job on the scratching sound effect, not that I used it a lot. There still a small glitch to be worked with the ASIO driver and some users experiencing static/popping noise in VDJ but I after adjusting the Audio Buffer to some radom number worked for me. I should state that I have a Dell XPS but I did a reformat and loaded only the base drivers and nothing else.

Posted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 5:00 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Ok for you guys that have been having problems with the MC6000 with pops and clicks I just tested with asio4all version 2.10. I am currently testing it but! I am running at a sample rate of 64 and its flawless!

http://www.asio4all.com/

Let me know how it works for you.

Posted Wed 20 Apr 11 @ 8:57 pm
Ok yesterday I feel confident enough to have first gig with with MC6000.

I'm sorry to say that something seriously bad happened...

I played for 2 hours and then controller suddenly locked... VDJ did not crash but it stopped to recognize controller. I shut down the controller and restart VDJ but it still did not detect the controller anymore. Also I restarted the laptop without help. Fortunately I had my old vci-300 controller as a backup so I changed to it and spinned the rest of the night without glitch.

But this is serious thing now... I'm back to home now and still mc-6000 still refuses to work.
VDJ recognize it's soundcard and list the mapper. But none of the buttons does not work. Very strange... I tried to reinstall firmware but when i run the jar file (DDJ Updater for DN-MC6000.jar) it says that "midi device is not exist".

What is even WORSE is that I installed MC-6000 to my backup laptop now... It's the same thing. VDJ only see the soundcard but pressing buttons, and firmware update program says "midi is device not exist". Now that the controller is not recognized on 2 different laptops it makes me think that the problem is in the controller, not OS, VDJ or settings.... (btw both laptops have windows 7 64bit home premium)

Strange this is that the controller worked like a dream for 2 days. Faulty unit??????

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 5:48 am
What about the USB cable?

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 6:27 am
I just realised that when I installed firmware, I forgot to set the sensitivity adjustment descibed in the instructions. However I cannot reinstall firmware because midi is not recognized. I think that the problem is that midi signals dont get through....

It seems that there is other people having same problem, after playing correctly for a while, mc-6000 locks up and afterwards stop responding ever again: http://www.denondjforums.com/forum/index.php?f=55&t=14745&rb_v=viewtopic

It might be about the midi signals, I tried to altern them (midi command transmission interval time) I changed it from 3ms to 4ms just for a try. No help? What is recommend midi signal time for windows 7 64 bit?

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 6:34 am
AHHH I SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!

This is good notification for anyone using MC6000:

When you do hold SHIFT and press either SAMPLE, EFX or RECORD at the same time, the midi channel wil change. This is what I probably have pressed during the gig. When midi channel is changed, controller wont send any midi commands to laptop and does not response.

To return it back, you must hold SHIFT and press BROWSE. That solved the problem!

I'm super happy now! =)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 7:00 am
I was going to mention that .... the MIDI settings are far too easy to screw up with that simple button combo and has caught a few people out!

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 9:04 am
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
New firmware update is available for the 6000 boys. I didn't look to see if this was posted anywhere else as this is the 6000 forum sorry if I doubled posted

Posted Sat 23 Apr 11 @ 12:03 pm
Zamooda wrote :
New firmware update is available for the 6000 boys. I didn't look to see if this was posted anywhere else as this is the 6000 forum sorry if I doubled posted

Are you sure? All I can see is version 1002 released at the beginning of February...

CORRECTION

Ver 1006 appears to be the latest but it isn't available on the product software page but instead via the Denon DJ Club.

Not very uniform but hey-ho... -> http://www.denondj.com/denon-dj-Club.aspx

Posted Sat 23 Apr 11 @ 1:40 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Sorry about that - its their new way of doing things. You have to sign up on that page/site in order to download

Posted Sat 23 Apr 11 @ 3:19 pm
73%