Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 27

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

the reason there was only five in the UAE at the moment is that is all denon could get out to the deallers

i have taken my back as i have been informed that 20 more are arriving in 5 days time

so plenty of time for me to get used to it as PALME starts in 5 weeks time

rog

can someone from Virtual send me some promo stuff over please

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 12:32 pm
QUEWHAT62 wrote :
having issue running in int mix mode ...my pfl are not working properly the only way channel cue pfl works crossfader has to be channel you want to prelisten i believed i set proper setting as sugested by denon setup
input:line ins
external mixer deck1:chan1&2/deck2: chan3&4
asio driver; denon dj asio driver
also have mapping ; denon mapping(3-1L-R2-4)-MSTRVOL_V1.1
noticed under mapper i see 2 mapping 1is denon mc6000 and other is denon mapping (3-1L-R2-4)-V1.1
IF I RUN IT ON PC MIX PFL CUE ON CHANNEL AND CHANNEL 2 WORKS FINE ...but i want to run it in int mix mode

any suggestion thank you for your time is appreciated

The "DN-MC6000 (3-1L-R2-4)-MSTRVOL_V1.1" (or v1.2) mapper file is meant for PC MIX and it forces swapping of the deck order.
If you are using INT MIX (I believe the Deck Swap already takes place in the hardware) then you need the Mapper File by DJHOMEBOY which simply "un-maps" some functions from the controller that would other wise cause weird behaviour using VDJ with INT MIX.

So do this:
- Downdload the Mapper File for the MC6000 by DJHOMEBOY
- Empty out the VDJ Mapper folder and copy the DJHOMEBOY mapper file here.

That should work....

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 2:18 pm
THANX zacek100 will try that

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 4:28 pm
ok loaded dj homeboy mc6000 2 channel mapping all my pfl phone cue are working perfectonly except crossfader is not working properly is in center on vdj screen skin causing both channels to be heard on speaker output ...checked all my setting also linked my video to crossfader same effect also tried diferent cf mode setting same effect ..is problably easy fix... waiting right now for any solution .... same issue that vms4 had fader being in center of crossfader

this issue is on int mix mode im trying to get running my advance config is master speaker (dn-mc6000) output 1&2 could this be my problem

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 5:41 pm
If you are using INT MIX mode, then you need to have VirtualDJ configured for 2 channel (Left/right) External Mixer use.

See http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4365/Denon_DN-MC6000_Configuration_And_Troubleshooting.html

NOTE: You mustn't move the on-screen skin crossfader away from the centre position or the volume sliders down, otherwise you will not be able to headphone pre-listen from the MC6000 (the sound will be faded out by VirtualDJ's internal software mixer before it reaches the hardware mixer of the MC6000.)

If you want to use the on-screen software mixer controls and have them moving on-screen, then you will need to use the MC6000 in PC Mix mode and configure it for software mixing (Outputs: Headphones) in VirtualDJ.

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 7:12 pm
is vdj or denon working on a fix for int mix with 2 channels without having to disable crossfader or keep software fader in center
i thought american audio had same issue at first then it was corrected and denon wish is a more popular brand cant duplicate..
i do video mixing and for me this sucks reason i have to slide pfl fader volume up while sliding crossfader to be able to mix videos according whats being display in screen
thank you for int mix info... hoping for upgrade or has anyone being able to overcome this pfl cue and crossfader issue on int mix

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 8:09 pm
QUEWHAT62 wrote :
is vdj or denon working on a fix for int mix with 2 channels without having to disable crossfader or keep software fader in center
i thought american audio had same issue at first then it was corrected and denon which is a more popular reliable brand cant duplicate..
i do video mixing and for me this sucks reason i have to slide pfl fader volume up while sliding crossfader to be able to mix videos according whats being display in screen
thank you for int mix info... hoping for upgrade or has anyone being able to overcome this pfl cue and crossfader issue on int mix

Posted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 8:11 pm
Here's what I do on my RMX which I believe can be configured easily on the MC60000:

I mix audio with the channel faders and use the crossfader for video only. I also disable the fade to black on the channel faders.

If memory serves me correctly you can configure the MC6000 crossfader on the unit itself.

You have to get your head around the fact the the MC6000 is more than just a controller. It is a physical mixer therefore manipulating the controls on the screen is largely irrelevant and potentially bad due to the fact that they will change settings in the software as well as on the mixer.

IMHO, there should be a different skin for int mix mode that removes any controls that are physical on the mixer.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 2:43 am
thanx for info roy i guess for meantime i just gonna run it in pc mix mode till a fix or propers skin comes along

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 12:04 pm
Any commands you don't want to happen in the software, as stated previously all you do is change the mapping command to the word nothing.

If you do that for crossfader, EQ's and volume then it solves the problem.

Keith

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 12:18 pm

RESULT

got a new unit

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 1:52 pm
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
scoobydo wrote :

RESULT

got a new unit

Excellent! Does it work?

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 3:35 pm
Can anyone help?

I've got a new Windows 7 laptop 64bit Home Premium.

I can't get sound form the Denon Asio drivers. They seem to load properly with no errors, however either the track plays normal speed or very fast (in about 5 seconds) but with no sound at all. All the midi commands work fine and the track plays but is silent.

Things work normally with the MC6000 WDM in external mixer 4.1 card mode but Asio is silent.

I've tried disabling webcam drivers, installing the Denon drivers with UAC off etc. but after 3 days I'm stumped. It's the first time I've used Windows 7 rather than XP but as hard as I try I can't get any sound from the Asio drivers, even though VDJ loads them and I can change latency etc. in the control panel.

I think I'm going mad ........

Keith

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 5:10 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Can anyone help?

I've got a new Windows 7 laptop 64bit Home Premium.

I can't get sound form the Denon Asio drivers. They seem to load properly with no errors, however either the track plays normal speed or very fast (in about 5 seconds) but with no sound at all. All the midi commands work fine and the track plays but is silent.

Things work normally with the MC6000 WDM in external mixer 4.1 card mode but Asio is silent.

I've tried disabling webcam drivers, installing the Denon drivers with UAC off etc. but after 3 days I'm stumped. It's the first time I've used Windows 7 rather than XP but as hard as I try I can't get any sound from the Asio drivers, even though VDJ loads them and I can change latency etc. in the control panel.

I think I'm going mad ........

Keith

HI Keith pleae keep us posted on the out come of this controler with windows 7. I was looking at purchasing the mc6000 myself.

Good luck and thaks for your reply in advance. Dj Kev

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 7:26 pm
running win7 with denon dn-mc6000 pc mix mode with denon speaker asio drivers with no issue

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 7:53 pm
That's a bit unclear ... MC6000 (speaker) in the settings is WDM, not Asio

Keith

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 2:11 am
I had some pops and crackles when on VDJ video control screen (but not on VDJ mixer control screen) with Win7 and ASIO2.2 combination. My laptop has been reduced to just the OS and VDJ running, no wifi, bells/whistles, nor services other than running VDJ, with typical latency less than 200us. I think it has something to do with DirectX 11 which comes with Win7 compressing the video file into the viewing screens of the VDJ video control interface because when I switch to the mixer view, the pops/crackles disappear, and comes back when I switch back to video interface. My materials are mostly music video, hence, I need to get the pops/crackles out when using VDJ video control interface.

MC6000 = PC Mix, 4 Deck Enhanced Map, VDJ 7.03, MC6k firmware update:

Win7 (DirectX 11) + Denon ASIO2.2 = pops/crackles
Win7 (DirectX 11) + WDM (MC6000 speaker) = pops/crackles
XP (DirectX 9.0c) + Denon ASIO2.2 = pops/crackles
XP (DirectX 9.0c) + WDM (MC6000 speaker) = OK! (even with 'full video HW acceleration')

VDJ Sound Setup Advanced Config:
Decks 1,2,3,4, Sampler = MC6000 speaker = Ch 1&2
Headphone = MC6000 speaker = Ch 5&6

I had the impression before that the WDM will result in lesser audio quality due to its long (or unsettable) latency but it is as good as the ASIO2.2 less the pops/crackles, no delay of audio vis-a-vis video, and no discernable delay of midi controls including scratch. I think it is because the WDM's USB audio driver is native to Windows, hence, seamless interface to the audio device. And for the same reason, the XP's DirectX 9.0c may have been the 'native' version of my laptop's video card Nvidia FX2500M (even though 9.0 should be a subset of DirectX 11).

I think the ASIO2.2 is not robust enough to work with all PC configurations and the DirectX 11 (of Win7) may have some quirk, specifically, with my video card or laptop HW. Nevertheless, I finally have found the right combination that works for me. Since then, I have been enjoying my MC6000 to its full capability. I love it!

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 3:07 pm
Thanks for the info. Since I can't get the Asio drivers to work at all I'll run with WDM this weekend and see what happens!

Cheers

Keith

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 5:31 pm
pbouzan wrote :
scoobydo wrote :

RESULT

got a new unit

Excellent! Does it work?

oohhh boy does it

used it last night after only 2 days of setting it up
ran for 5 hours not one single hic cup but i was only using audio next is to get it set up for video

rog

Posted Sat 26 Mar 11 @ 5:46 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
scoobydo wrote :
pbouzan wrote :
scoobydo wrote :

RESULT

got a new unit

Excellent! Does it work?

oohhh boy does it

used it last night after only 2 days of setting it up
ran for 5 hours not one single hic cup but i was only using audio next is to get it set up for video

rog

So you're a happy bunny now! Glad you got it sorted.

I'm a VJ and wouldn't be without mine, makes light work of everything. Just got to set a few more controls up for my specific way of working but that shouldn't be an issue.

Denon+VDJ=happiness :)

Posted Sun 27 Mar 11 @ 7:19 pm
68%