Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 25

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djbaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi All,

First I want to thank zacek100 for his work on the skin and the mapper for the MC6000. They both work great for me.

I have owned VDJ for several years but I used it at my first event last night. It is going to take some getting used to but I can already tell that it is going to be great. Last night was also my first event with the MC6000. I REALLY like it.

I am an older DJ (over 60) and I hope that the old saying about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks won't apply to me.

Posted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 5:54 pm
VDJ 7.0.3 is now released and available for download.

Specifically for MC6000 users it addresses an incompatibility with the Denon 48Khz Asio drivers that made it difficult to get an optimum latency setting.

I have tested this fix and it now works well, meaning you can set lower latencies more accurately and there are no more issues with clicking and static some users reported.

Have fun!

Keith

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 1:38 pm
Both work awesome for me also!!! I\'m In Love with It!... VDJ & 6000 & special thanks to zacek100 for his work!
Rock\'n a 1st Bday party at age 48 like no other... remember boxes of cd\'s all over the table?

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 1:54 pm
Ok Got my 6000 in today........woooo hoooo!
Install drivers...check
update drivers...check
update to VDJ 7.0.3....check
Then I get to this part and I am having a fit

zacek100 wrote :
A new Skin & controller Mapper Set got finally approved...

Controller Mapper:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12744/DN-MC6000_Ch_3_1_L-R_2_4_Mapper.html

This is the message I am getting........

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whitespace is not allowed at this location. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/denon mapper/DN-MC6000_mapping_(3-1L-R2-4...

<map value="PFL" action="action_deck 1 ? deck 3 pfl ? deck 3 pfl : deck 3 pfl & deck 3 select : action_deck 2 ? dec...

any help?

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 3:01 pm
To install a custom mapping, you need to save the XML file in My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers - Don't try to open or run the file.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 4:00 am
Support staff wrote :
To install a custom mapping, you need to save the XML file in My Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers - Don't try to open or run the file.

Thank you for the help, that worked. Mapping and script is not my strong point.

I think I will be ok on vista (so far)

I tried to lock/freez everything up and was only able to do so by going crazy on both jogs at the same time in scratch mode.

No gigs till friday this week so I have plenty of time to get know this controller.

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 12:20 pm
If you are on Vista, you should lower the jog wheel interval time setting on the MC6000 to something like 9ms. That will help stop any lockups.

Setting Jog Interval Time
1. Connect MC6000 to PC with USB cable.
2. Pressing (BROWSE+RECORD+CFMODE) at the same time, then turn on DN-MC6000. DNMC6000 starts with the starting up display.
3. After starting display, DN-MC6000 will enter Jog Interval Setting mode. METER will light.
4. Turning Track Selection Knob (SEL.).(The default setting is “4ms”).
5. Press SEL. to save the setting into MEMORY
6. Press SHIFT to finish.

Note:
MC6000 is high resolution DJ controller. For the OS or Low-Spec PC, the problem of MIDI blocking may be caused. In this case, it is effective means to change Jog Interval time.

Keith

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 12:56 pm

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 3:22 pm
I hate to double post but......
I noticed with the Denon skin that I am no longer able to right click/hold the play pause button and clear the deck. I have read through the manual but did not see a option to clear a track from a deck. Am I missing something?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 2:53 pm
Yeah, with the Denon Skin, because the skin attempts to replicate the layout of the Controller, the Play and Pause buttons are combined and therefore the functionality of such buttons when used with the right-click is different now. I found that the right-click on the PAUSE button (i think) going to the track's 1st beat was very useful and now gone.

You could however map pretty much any feature to the keyboard and re-gain the ability you are looking for.

I also wanted to ask that question: Is there a keyboard shortcut (or VDJ command) to "Unload" a Deck?

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 5:55 pm
djba wrote :
Hi All,

First I want to thank zacek100 for his work on the skin and the mapper for the MC6000. They both work great for me.

djba, crowdpleasers: I'm glad you found the skinset useful, it sure makes the controller's logical layout more... "logical" :)

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 5:59 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
zek100 wrote :
Yeah, with the Denon Skin, because the skin attempts to replicate the layout of the Controller, the Play and Pause buttons are combined and therefore the functionality of such buttons when used with the right-click is different now. I found that the right-click on the PAUSE button (i think) going to the track's 1st beat was very useful and now gone.

You could however map pretty much any feature to the keyboard and re-gain the ability you are looking for.

I also wanted to ask that question: Is there a keyboard shortcut (or VDJ command) to "Unload" a Deck?

hi zek100 the comand is as simple as unload

Posted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 7:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In addition to this.. you could edit the xml file of the skin...
Search for ..
action="deck 1 play_pause"
and replace with ...
action="deck 1 play_pause" rightclick="deck 1 unload"

Do this for each deck (similar action ..deck 2 etc..)

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 5:57 am
lol, that looks simple enough, thanks ;)

Posted Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 1:48 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Very good update; VDJ best DJ software. I just played at the famous Greenhouse Club in NYC with the MC6000 and VDJ 7.03 everything went smooth. VDJ for life.

Posted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 9:25 am
splao wrote :
Very good update; VDJ best DJ software. I just played at the famous Greenhouse Club in NYC with the MC6000 and VDJ 7.03 everything went smooth. VDJ for life.

I LIKE!!!

Posted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 11:41 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
splao wrote :

Nice! It's been a few years since I was out in NY. Miss it a lot.

Posted Sat 12 Mar 11 @ 1:24 pm
quick question, what is the difference between loop_out and loop_exit?

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 2:16 am
loop_out sets the end point of your loop.
loop_exit exits the active loop.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 3:22 am

ok guys just picked up my dn mc 6000

got a couple of problems

1 right jog wheel when in scratch mode will stop the track but it wont scratch
2 tried to do the firmware updat but its just hangng
i get this message

send sysex message data to control

send sysex count 5

wait