Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 23

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I had a complete freeze the other night when playing about.

XP just completely froze and I had to power off the machine to reset. Don't think it was the MC6000 but it's difficult to say.

Think I'll still take the ipad with the Djay app on it tonight just in case though.

Si, try increasing the jog dial response time higher than 4ms and see if that helps.

Keith

Posted Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 2:16 pm
OK, just so you know I'm using a very good quality USB cable, as I do with all plug and play devices.

Also, I have everything that is not required for mixing disabled, including the laptop soundcard and dvd drive... literally everything. The only third party programs on my laptop are VDJ and virus scan (which is disabled), all the settings I have are tweaked to the max.

The jog wheel response time was set to 9ms and i took it to 15ms by the end of the night.

It's hard to describe what happens really... I'll be playing music then all of a sudden the CPU reading on VDJ goes through the roof (as opposed to below 40%) and the denon becomes unresponsive. I have to restart the unit, and VDJ... Which lead to another problem.. in doing so, the search function in VDJ wouldn't give any results so it would drop the database, I had to unplug and plug my hard drive back in for the database to load again, but there were still huge CPU readings so I needed to restart the laptop. I've checked all the device settings for the USB ports and there is no power saving/ sleep settings turned on and the drivers are up to date.

The ASIO driver settings is set to 6MS (the only one I can use with advanced stretching. I might change it to 10 and use Fast Stretching instead and see if that keeps it at bay.

I understand that there is a MIDI issue with Vista, which I am upgrading to 7 at the end of the month so I hope that it may prevent any freezes.

I would like to say though, the jog wheels did not cause the lock up, in addition I have not experienced any lock ups when using the device on my iMac.

Despite all this, I still wouldn't be without it - I'll just make sure I take a backup in future.

Si

Posted Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 7:52 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Try an ASIO setting of 357. I know it sounds strange but we are working on some asio related problems. Now this may not have anything to do with the lockup, but to be safe I wanted to mention it.

Let us know how things go after Windows 7 is install. Since you mentioned you are upgrading to this, there is no point to go into detail about the Jog Trans setting. But, if you want you can take a look at this in the firmware guide. For Vista it should be adjusted.

Posted Sat 19 Feb 11 @ 11:44 pm
Hello!
I just spent a good hour try'n to map the most simple function to NO Avail...
I read the posted 6000 config. and still can't get it right.
When I hit the channel 2 headphone cue on the 6000
I want deck 1 PFL to light up on VDJ
and of course
Channel 3 headphone cue on the 6000
to activate deck 2 PFL on VDJ
selecting which deck is going to the headphones (both ON and OFF with the skin button)
it's simple I know but I can't get it to work no matter what I type in the action window after selecting PFL as the key.
please help.
Thanks!

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 4:28 pm
Just as an update, I tried to change the ASIO to 358 (357 wasn't an option).

The sound became muffled and distorted (using advanced stretching, fine with fast stretching).

I've not been able to get another lock up either.

I will be installing Windows 7, delivery permitting; at the beginning of March, so I'll run various tests and report back on my findings.

Thanks for your help with this!

Si

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 4:50 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
si1988uk wrote :
Just as an update, I tried to change the ASIO to 358 (357 wasn't an option).

Use your KB < > keys for single steps.

Posted Sun 20 Feb 11 @ 11:14 pm
Ah! That'd work... Thanks I will make this change later on today.

Si

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 3:05 am
crowdpleasers wrote :
When I hit the channel 2 headphone cue on the 6000
I want deck 1 PFL to light up on VDJ

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4365/Denon_DN-MC6000_Configuration.html

NOTE: If you have messed up the default mapping, you can reset it back to factory defaults first by going to CONFIG -> Mappers, choose the DN-MC6000 in the drop-down list and click the reset to factory settings button at the bottom-left of the Mappers dialogue box.

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 6:24 am
Yes! Hello!
I read the setup config.
I then tried many variations of what it said to do.
I have gone back to factory settings 5 different times.
I must be an idiot? Have been using VDJ for a year and never tried to map anything to my HC4500
Can you PLEASE just spell out the mapping for that and I'll cut and paste it in the action window.
I think it will help me understand mapping a little better to custom map some other features.

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 pfl : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 pfl : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 pfl : deck 4 pfl

Did not work for me

thanks

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 9:48 am

That's the action that should work.

action_deck 1 ? deck 3 pfl : action_deck 2 ? deck 1 pfl : action_deck 3 ? deck 2 pfl : deck 4 pfl

Posted Mon 21 Feb 11 @ 10:57 pm

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 2:02 am
Denon DJ wrote :
Soundman69 wrote :
The only controls you can't seem to map are the mic levels, crossfader contour and headphone levels. There are no midi signals associated with them.

Contour, Headphone and Pan/Cue are all MIDI mappable.

humm, well if they are fully mappable then something must be missing in the built-in device definition for the MC6000 in VDJ 7.0.2 as I cannot get a controller readout for those controls. What gives?

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 2:15 am
Hello again!
I just realized I'm only try'n to map this function in two (2) deck mode INT Mix setting on back of 6000.
Again...mapping dummies... that's me!

Ch. 2 headphone cue button on 6000 - Selects deck A (left side) lights up, turns on -1-... brings sound wave to front
so that hitting the Channel 3 headphone cue on the 6000 would cancel A and switch to deck B to (right side) and selects/Lights up -2 -
brings sound wave to front on VDJ for headphone cueing.

thanks!

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 10:52 am
crowdpleasers wrote :
Hello again!
I just realized I'm only try'n to map this function in two (2) deck mode INT Mix setting on back of 6000.
Again...mapping for dummies... that's me!

Ch. 2 headphone cue button on 6000 - Selects deck A (left side) lights up, turns on -1-... brings sound wave to front
so that hitting the Channel 3 headphone cue on the 6000 would cancel A and switch to deck B to (right side) and selects/Lights up -2 -
brings sound wave to front on VDJ for headphone cueing.

thanks!

WOW! I didn't think it was possible... I love my 6000 even more!!!
I downloaded that 6000 mapper and the skin and I AM BLOWN AWAY!
That's what it should have done from day one... Dec. 22 '10
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
FYI.... I Sold My Denon HC4500 controller for $350
time to get another 6000

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 12:56 pm
hehe, you would be spinning with 8 decks now ;)
Glad you are happy with the MC6000's performance now.

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 2:05 pm
A new Skin & controller Mapper Set got finally approved...

Controller Mapper:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12744/DN-MC6000_Ch_3_1_L-R_2_4_Mapper.html

Skin Set:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12770/DN-MC6000_Enhanced_(3-1L-R2-4).html

This set will match Mapper and Skin to the Ch. 3-1-2-4 layout, fix the Headphone CUE/PFL issue and adds a few other features.

Hey,

So I bought my MC6k last night, have a gig tonight, have been reading up on it. I see where these people are having their issue, but I also see how those things aren't going to be an issue for me.

But they're right, it's broke, you fixed it, you posted it, now I can't download these patches unless I pay another $150? C'mon I'm not trying to bitch, but c'mon...

I'd appreciate another look at this.

Thanx for your time

V/R
Jordan K

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 2:35 pm
??? bro, what r u talking about?
If whatever you are referring to will not cause a problem for you as you just said, then what is it u complain about?

Please note that the MC6000 (w/latest FW upgrade) and VDJ 7.0.2 (Pro and LE) work perfectly out of the box in the default Ch. 1-2-3-4 layout. The only problem was that this layout was inconvenient for some of us but other than that, the factory mapping works perfectly.

Posted Tue 22 Feb 11 @ 5:20 pm
djjordank wrote :
But they're right, it's broke, you fixed it, you posted it, now I can't download these patches unless I pay another $150? C'mon I'm not trying to bitch, but c'mon...

If you want to be able to use custom mappings and/or skins, then you will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Pro at a discount: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

VirtualDJ LE is limited software and does not support custom skins, mappings, etc. and mappers are only available to full Pro users.

The default mapping and skin is designed to the manufacturer's specifications/requirements.

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 6:44 am
"Ahhh yes Sir, I hope you enjoy your new car, it's a top selling model! Pleasure doing business with you."

?!

"Oh yes Sirl, but see, you bought the model LE, it's gonna cost you another $150 if you want air in the tires to drive it home. But hey, it's discounted air for you!"

@#$%

"Well I'm sorry Sir, we sold the "manufacturer's specifications/requirements." Enjoy your new ride Sir."

Posted Wed 23 Feb 11 @ 10:46 pm
Sorry dude, that's the way it is with all software on most controllers...

I'm in the UK and got Traktor LE with my MC-6000... I already have pro but it would have been the same story over there.

I would recommend the Pro version if you want to use video's, change advanced settings and play about with all the other stuff VDJ has to offer. This is from a consumer point of view.

To add my own point: it's like buying a HD Ready TV... The TV will work, but you'd still need to purchase the other units to get the full HD experience; your reference on the other hand was referring to being sold something missing a vital part of it's functionality... This is not the case with the MC-6000 and VDJ LE, it's ready to work out of the box... It's just that, like everything else (especially in cars)... There are the optional extras

Si

Posted Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 3:18 am
58%