Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 21

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VIIVentPRO InfinityMember since 2010
To be honest, the only thing missing from this animal (dn-mc6000) is the strip search feat. besides that its has everything, I wish midi was better but analog never hurt nobody. I am too scared to go live with midi, imagine in 2011 I am scared of my pricey controller lol. Life !

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 12:18 pm
I'm picking one up soon and hope to hell it works as it is advertised demoed and displayed, etc....

With my luck as of late probably not but you got to keep trying, right?

DJ TAO of TAOTRONX

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 9:17 pm
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ TAO of TAOTRONX wrote :
I'm picking one up soon and hope to hell it works as it is advertised demoed and displayed, etc....

DJ TAO of TAOTRONX

Oh it will, don't worry. It's just akin to the HC-4500 when it first appeared. A bit of firmware/software tweaking and the system is rock solid.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 3:28 am
pbouzan wrote :
DJ TAO of TAOTRONX wrote :

DJ TAO of TAOTRONX

Oh it will, don't worry. It's just akin to the HC-4500 when it first appeared. A bit of firmware/software tweaking and the system is rock solid.

I figured as much. :P

But the term "PLUG & PLAY" for DJ EQUIPMENT should be "PLUG & PRAY" with all of their quirks & tweaks that make us DJS geeks, etc! :P

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 6:49 pm
DN-MC6000 MAPPER FILE FOR CH (3 < 1 - 2 > 4) LAYOUT
AND
DN-MC6000 Skins (from VDJ LE) w/Higher Resolution

I still see a bunch of users asking for the actual XML to save time and frustration. Grab it from by Blog or just click the links below:

Mod. Edit .Sorry Links have been removed. Skins and mappers should be uploaded and not been shared with users.

Posted Tue 15 Feb 11 @ 7:31 pm
DJ Homeboy wrote :
DJ-Evangel wrote :
there is no MC6000 driver to found in advanced settings...

This work around will not work on Mac. But if you have a PC, in the drop down menu when you are in Advanced Config. You should see DNMC6000 listed. Use this instead of the ASIO driver.

Hi DJ Homeboy,
Can you explain with some pics how to put WDM working with DENON MC6000?
Let me explain my problem:
I bought few days ago my brand new USB controller. I came from the Hercules RMX and everything went fine with it.
When I installed the ASIO drivers from DENON, every time I open VDJ I receive an error msg saying "ASIO drivers fail" (something like this but in spanish)
All functions like Pitch, Cue, Eq and many others works when I move knobs in the controller, but instead of that, Play and CUE doesn't (Lights flash but never works in software)
I tried to do with 2 PCs and have the same error, so maybe is something with other programs I have installed.
MAC version works fine, I presume the USB controller works fine as well, unless the crossfader thats CUTs the video in the beginning (just when I move to mix) but is not a huge problem like I have with PC.
The Controller I will use to play VIDEOS all time and only few audios, I need only 2 channels instead of 4.
My Gig to have in mind:

Test PC 1:
Intel Core Quad 9650 3.2Ghz 12MB Buffer L2
4Gb RAm
2Tb Hd (separate in 3 hd in total)
Video NVIDIA 9800 GTX+ 512Mb DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate full updated

Test PC 2 (the one I use at disco every weekend)
Intel i5 quad core (that's mean I don't use for sharing with video)
4Gb Ram
2,64 Tb Hd (640Gb main - 2 TB Videos and Audio files)
Video ATI Radeon 9580 1Gb DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate full updated

MAC:
MBP 2,66Ghz
4Gb RAM
320 Hd
Video NVIDIA 9400 GT Dedicated memory 512Mb
Snow Leopard

In all of those computers I have installed the latest version of VDJ.

Thanks for answer.
Juan (Hans)

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 4:13 pm
Got the Denon today!Made firmware update all fine but working in 2 deck mode only!
With 4deck skin it still akt`s like a 2deck controler?
Help please :-)

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 4:20 pm
discotronic wrote :
Got the Denon today!Made firmware update all fine but working in 2 deck mode only!
With 4deck skin it still akt`s like a 2deck controler?
Help please :-)

Read the quickly instructions that came with the controller. Just move the switch on the back to the right position and change some in the VDJ soft.
Cheers
Ju@n

PS: Are you using with PC? using the ASIO drivers that came in the CD? can you add your gig please.
Thanks

Posted Wed 16 Feb 11 @ 4:33 pm
I made all the right things i think !Position back on pc-mix all channels on midi original 4deck skin firmwareupdate win 7 32 bit on a acer.All is working beside the 4deck controll!Still acting like a 2 deck controller.Load B is also not working!Load A working!

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 3:21 am
You have to install VDJ 7.02 to sort the load button problem.

Keith

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 3:57 am
Made new install of vdj now the most problems are sorted out!So i recomend a new VDJ install after denon install!
Only thing still not working is Param2.And no sound on my other pc with win7 64 bit!!!

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 6:55 am
Free shipping, check
No sales tax, check
15% off for presidents day, check
Placed order, check
Can't wait till it gets here!

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 9:49 am
You're going to be doing cartwheels over the delivery guy when it arrives ;)

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 10:37 am
Ant1977PRO InfinityMember since 2011
So, I got my channel faders set up the way I want them...
3 > 1 > 2 > 4

And the corresponding controls (Gain, High, Mid, Low) are all in line as well.

However, I am having trouble mapping the headphone cue buttons for the individual channels.
I can't seem to find the controls in the mapping menu.

Anyone help me out with this.

Thanks

Posted Thu 17 Feb 11 @ 6:43 pm
Ant1977 wrote :
So, I got my channel faders set up the way I want them...
3 > 1 > 2 > 4

And the corresponding controls (Gain, High, Mid, Low) are all in line as well.

However, I am having trouble mapping the headphone cue buttons for the individual channels.
I can't seem to find the controls in the mapping menu.

Anyone help me out with this.

Thanks

There should be no need to map the CUE buttons as they are factory mapped with VDJ 7.0.2. I am not 100% sure what exactly u r trying to say. Just make sure the Headphone Pan Knob is all the way to the left. For every channel set to MIDI the CUE button should be dimly lit and fully lit when pressed. For every CUE button that is fully lit, its audio will be sent to the headphones.

Also make sure you did not change any other lines when you made the channel order adjustements, you may have to make the file again from the original.

Just as a clarification, the controller's Heahphne knobs and the Master Volume knob cannot be mapped as they work @ the hardware level and in VDJ they will be set at their working default positions at program startup.

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 4:36 am

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 5:34 am
Ant1977PRO InfinityMember since 2011

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 6:13 am
Pbouzan,

how do you have two anolouge mixers in your rig? how does that work?

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 7:23 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Charlie Wilson wrote :
Pbouzan,

how do you have two anolouge mixers in your rig? how does that work?

Hi,

I guess you mean the MC6000 and the C3X?

The C3X acts as a summing mixer for all internal sources. I have the main output of the MC6000 fed into one of the stereo line inputs on the C3X (which are balanced... nice!). I then have the 4 Sennheiser radio mics fed into the C3X too. This leaves me to run VDJ into the two MC6000 sound devices on the two middle channels (in two deck mode) and also have a Gigaport HD connected to give me an additional 4 stereo pairs, 2 pairs connected to two stereo line ins on the C3X and the other pair up on the MC6000. The last two line inputs on the MC6000, one has a Creative ZEN mp3 player attached that acts as a crash music source if I get into trouble or at the end of the night whilst I pack the laptop away, the other line is made available on the back panel for external use (I connect the house system into this at one venue so I can switch over to them when needed).

I like having the flexibility :)

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 8:11 am
I have the C3X too, if using with the MC600 you have two pre amps/2 X Volume knobs, bit dangerous isn't it? I mean that's a serious amount of headroom!

Posted Fri 18 Feb 11 @ 8:19 am
53%