Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 20

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kradcliffe wrote :
As I stated in another thread, the MC6000 really needs 3 seperate mappings. One for 2 deck (external mixer) mode and two for 4 deck (PC mix) mode so the decks can be used 1,2,3,4 or 1,3,2,4 dependant on the users preference.

Problem is that you can only select one mapper for any controller at the moment in VDJ.

You *could* create the 3 different mappings and just move the one you want in to the documents>mappers folder when you need to use it but that's not ideal.

I have just settled on a modified 2 deck mapping for external mixer as I don't want the MC6000 knobs and faders affecting the sound on VDJ but ultimately it would be great to be able to choose between them from the mapper screen instead of the user having to butcher mapping files manually. The current situation is far from ideal for new MC6000 and VDJ users. It should be easier than this.

Keith

I agree with you Keith, I'm already using two different mappers and swapping them out in the mappers folder for the two desk and the 3-1-2-4 configuration of the 4 deck mode.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 6:27 am
Yes! I also agree!
Mapping is confusing as hell.
I have managed to figure out very simple mapping... like making the master volume control on the 6000 work the master vol. on the skin of VDJ.
Someone who has a better handle on this mapping stuff should make multiple variations of 6000 mapping setups and offer them
to other users via email or some type of download.
I have a problem with my main laptop where the key_lock buttons do not stay lit/on when I click on it. When I put the mouse cursor over the button it lights up or when i hold down the left mouse button it lights up but does not turn on and off like all other lock buttons. Can't figure what's up
with that function or what I did to make this not work as it did or should. I have reverted to factory mapping but still does not function, But works no problem on my backup laptop. If I reinstall VDJ do I lose all my virtual folders and such I have setup already?
I have updated firmware and have no problems w/ the 6000! ...I love it!
Almost ready to sell my HC4500
DJ D.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 9:54 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 10:36 am
Disregard my last post with key_lock button problems!
I downloaded the registry tool, ran it, clean it, NOW WORKS GREAT!!!!
The more I learn and understand about all the funtions of VDJ (and get them to work) the more I think it rocks!
Thanks to DJDAD for pointing out that switcher tool !!!
Not enough time in the day to learn more about all these great apps being created by great people!
Can't wait for my gig tonight!!!
Awesome new rig setup! Smoke'n hot chicks! and $3 bombs!
Woooo Hooooo!

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 11:49 am
si1988uk wrote :
pbouzan wrote :

Already been posted about a few pages ago chap.

Shame you couldn't keep the laptop in it too as that'd make it a nice all-in-one system.

I actually manage to get my laptop in it, customised the laptop stand a bit to support it and added a strap for when it's closed so there's 0 movement. Also houses both power supplies, 2TB HDD, 4 way extention lead, twin UHF Mics and receiver, oh and the DN-MC6000 :-D.

Si

Nice that you fit everything in. How much does it cost for you to hire a second guy to help lift it?? :P JK I always liked my odyssey rack with controller and mixer, but the whole idea of switching, or at least part of it, to the MC6000 was to gain more portability with the same functionality of a separate mixer and controller combination. So installing the MC into a rack like this seems a bit counter productive. Don't get me wrong. I like them, but I have gotten tired of lugging them up and down stairs in my old age. The MC in a backpack is great to me.

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 7:10 pm
Soundman69 wrote :
si1988uk wrote :
pbouzan wrote :

Already been posted about a few pages ago chap.

Shame you couldn\'t keep the laptop in it too as that\'d make it a nice all-in-one system.

I actually manage to get my laptop in it, customised the laptop stand a bit to support it and added a strap for when it\'s closed so there\'s 0 movement. Also houses both power supplies, 2TB HDD, 4 way extention lead, twin UHF Mics and receiver, oh and the DN-MC6000 :-D.

Si

Nice that you fit everything in. How much does it cost for you to hire a second guy to help lift it?? :P JK I always liked my odyssey rack with controller and mixer, but the whole idea of switching, or at least part of it, to the MC6000 was to gain more portability with the same functionality of a separate mixer and controller combination. So installing the MC into a rack like this seems a bit counter productive. Don\'t get me wrong. I like them, but I have gotten tired of lugging them up and down stairs in my old age. The MC in a backpack is great to me.

I\'ve all but completed mine now and it weighs a ton! I'm all but ready to buy another MC6000 just so I dont have to take this one out if ever I do a tidgy gig. Must admit though, having everything cabled up and in one case is soo very handy indeed. I might look out for a small foldable sack barrow to get it around...

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 7:04 am
Soundman69 wrote :

Nice that you fit everything in. How much does it cost for you to hire a second guy to help lift it?? :P JK I always liked my odyssey rack with controller and mixer, but the whole idea of switching, or at least part of it, to the MC6000 was to gain more portability with the same functionality of a separate mixer and controller combination. So installing the MC into a rack like this seems a bit counter productive. Don't get me wrong. I like them, but I have gotten tired of lugging them up and down stairs in my old age. The MC in a backpack is great to me.

Ha ha, It's ok for me at the moment I still have my youth and gym membership so I'm good with the lifting, although it is actually suprisingly light for what is in there! I have an amp that's heavier.

As for easy removal I got some quickly removeable things from my dad (works for BT and they have ALOT of racks)... So it's literally a 180 degree turn on the 4 caps and the unit comes straight out :).

Si

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 10:44 am
That's a really nice compact rig you have there :)

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 11:06 am
Wish DENON would have used a normal AC plug instead of the DC plug on this. I hate having different power cords.
I think that might be the only thing keeping me from buying this unit.
(I know that might be a dumb reason, but when I have everything else that uses the standard AC cord, I can't make myself jump)
Come out with a Version 2 of this with an AC plug and I'm sold.
Until then I think I'm sticking with my NS7 for larger gigs and RMX for smaller ones.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 4:59 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
sirwesley wrote :
Wish DENON would have used a normal AC plug instead of the DC plug on this. I hate having different power cords.
I think that might be the only thing keeping me from buying this unit.
(I know that might be a dumb reason, but when I have everything else that uses the standard AC cord, I can't make myself jump)
Come out with a Version 2 of this with an AC plug and I'm sold.
Until then I think I'm sticking with my NS7 for larger gigs and RMX for smaller ones.

Let me just say that if this unit required batteries that I had to change every hour I wouldn't pass on it. I have had this thing for 2 months now and have yet to be disappointed.

There was an issue with it locking up or dropping and Denon stood up and fixed it asap. The sound quality, the build quality and the design are flawless. Please! don't let the DC adaptor stop you from picking this unit up.

BTW, I know I work for VirtualDJ, this endorsement is not sponsored by VirtualDJ or Denon. From one DJ to another... Don't pass on this unit.

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 8:57 pm
DJ Homeboy wrote :
Please! don't let the DC adaptor stop you from picking this unit up.

I probably won't let it stop me :) just really liked what the NS7 had done with the AC cord and was thinking how great that was. Looks like even Numark ditched the AC cord for the new NS6 coming out. Why must everything use custom DC power? Wish we could move this market to a standard for power, as the lighting industry has done. I understand that the AC power supplies prob weigh more is one reason we've moved to DC, but still. I'd be okay if there was even a standard for DC power (not sure if that's even possible), but having every DC cable different is really frustrating. I swear I have 30 DC power cords, and I never can find which one goes to which device between phones, routers, cable modems, etc. Some even fit into the wrong devices and the power ratings are wrong, and I could potentially fry those devices unless I look at the power ratings on the DC power block and the unit I'm plugging into to make sure they match.

Okay...I'm done with my rant now. Time to buy Denon DN MC6000 :p

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 9:29 pm
Hi Can someone please tell me if i have a setting wrong somewhere on my MC 6000 when i move the volume sliders and gains etc on side b on vdj they move on side a very confusing?

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 1:07 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ok finally got this sucker.

feels seriously good on the hands.

few issues though.

the jog touch is no longer working. don't ask me why cos i dont know. i've updated firmware so all is well. i'm not sure that jog wheel is in scratch mode or vinyl anymore. i've tried using shift + the seek track buttons but no joy. I don't think i've touched the mapping also. I just had a quick look and man the coding is ridiculous. i'm not a noob to mapping my own functions but this seems out of my league. Anyway is there a way to switch to default if I accidently stuff up the map settings?

I'm running it so the mc6000 is the external mixer not int mode. Is it just me or is the headphone cueing stuffed up? I press cue on the active channel fader and the sound doesnt work. The cue/master knob seems backwards or doesnt work properly? Anyhow the whole headphone thing seems wack. I have the knob set to cue so I should only be able to hear what comes thru the cue buttons when I activate.

The default mapping doesnt seem all that great imo.

Just another whinge while I'm at it. Denon dj need to update the drivers on their website for the mc6000 to be v2.2 not v2.1. I was struggling for half an hour trying to get it to work in asio mode.

Any guys got help with the jog wheel scratch thing?

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 6:33 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Update...

I got everything sorted now.

Dont know why the wheel sensitivity needed adjusting again after the firmware update even though i did it already. not sure why it changed again after i already saved the settings... hmm

the thing with the cue headphones etc i noticed is the volume levels within vdj for each deck rather than on the mc6000 like a real mixer. each time i start vdj i need to change them. is there a way to disable the mixer settings in vdj like disabling the crossfader?

i've also picked up 4 deck mode is only available thru internal mix mode which is pretty gay but not a big deal since 2 decks is enough for me.

nice piece of kit. i used to own a pair of xp10's many moons ago and have a scratch vid on youtube. i'm not sure i could scratch the same although they similar jog wheel size.

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 9:42 am
If you only want 2 decks and DON'T want VDJ to change the gain, EQ, etc. with moving the faders and knobs on the MC6000, you should move the switch on the back of the unit from PC mix to Int mix. That way the MC6000 will work independently from VDJ with 2 Asio channels.

Change the mappings for volume, EQ etc. To "nothing"

You can reset back to the default mapping from the mappers tab by right clicking the little box and the option is there.

Keith

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 12:09 pm
hawkmoon12 wrote :
Hi Can someone please tell me if i have a setting wrong somewhere on my MC 6000 when i move the volume sliders and gains etc on side b on vdj they move on side a very confusing?

The order of the the sliders in the mixer section left-to-right is 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 to match the default v7 4 deck skin. If you are using it with a 2 deck skin, then the order will be 1 -> 2 -> 1 -> 2 (Because decks 3 & 4 wrap back to 1 & 2)

You can change the order by mapping appropriately - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4365/Denon_DN-MC6000_Configuration.html

Posted Sat 12 Feb 11 @ 12:33 pm
Ant1977PRO InfinityMember since 2011
For someone like me who is new to Midi and knows NOTHING about mapping...
Can someone please post a detailed step by step process for switching the channel set up on the MC6000 to the way I want them.
I saw that it was posted, but I am lost.

I think I want my channels to go

From L to R - 3, 1, 2, 4

Thanks for the help !

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 4:29 pm
Yeah, that exact setup is in the link in the post above yours I think.

Posted Sun 13 Feb 11 @ 5:19 pm
OK, as I said I would... Here's an update on the MC-6000...

I have used it 3 times this week after altering the settings and am so pleased to say... NO LOCK UPS!!! :-D.

The unit is now perfect for me I have even found the optimum latency settings so I can use Advanced Stretching with the ASIO driver (it's now in the 6ms)...

I did have two bizarre things happen though on both sides (I have seen something about this before)... The play button became unresponsive and wouldn't start playing the track: however a quick turn of the jog wheel to move the waveform and all worked perfectly.

The other was using the shift to switch about different buttons on the default skin (effects/loops etc). At one point it got stuck and everytime i switched deck it would just switch to the different options... This was again resolved, this time by pressing the SHIFT button again.

Just thought I'd share this with people incase they run into it.

Si

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 4:40 am
si1988uk wrote :
OK, as I said I would... Here's an update on the MC-6000...

I have used it 3 times this week after altering the settings and am so pleased to say... NO LOCK UPS!!! :-D.

The unit is now perfect for me I have even found the optimum latency settings so I can use Advanced Stretching with the ASIO driver (it's now in the 6ms)...

I did have two bizarre things happen though on both sides (I have seen something about this before)... The play button became unresponsive and wouldn't start playing the track: however a quick turn of the jog wheel to move the waveform and all worked perfectly.

The other was using the shift to switch about different buttons on the default skin (effects/loops etc). At one point it got stuck and everytime i switched deck it would just switch to the different options... This was again resolved, this time by pressing the SHIFT button again.

Just thought I'd share this with people incase they run into it.

Si

Interesting. On Friday I was using mine with a bit of vengeance and a couple of times the play button wouldn't respond until I moved the jog (which I did to see if I had a track loaded). Not used the shift button much if at all so I can't comment on that... My channel 3 CUE button has started to become a bit erratic though which doesn't bode well.

Another thing which I would guess is more specific to the software rather than the MC is that the waveforms appear to be slightly out. If you search the track with the jog, the beat is clearly heard just after the waveform has passed under the hairline. I've only noticed this since moving up to V7 at Christmas (used V5 until then because I loved the JP Boggis 4500 mapper too much!).

Posted Mon 14 Feb 11 @ 6:25 am
50%