Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 17

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I setup the 2nd MC6000 that i bought and got it to freeze up in less than a min. Not good. I was so hyped about this product that i am ordered 2. I doubt that this is a "batch" problem. The DJ that do not have a lock up are probably not using the jog wheel as agressively.

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 2:13 pm
Yes, I agree. Seems to be excessive use of the jog dial causes the lockup.

The Denon Asio driver is pretty crap. I can't get it to work on my netbook at all without some sort of dropout, and it's not the PC as I've used it successfully with other Asio drivers.

Also, some people have reported a lower latency setting produces better audio than a higher one, which is very strange. It's just a lottery trying to get Asio audio without some sort of crackles.

To be honest, none of the Denon Asio drivers have ever been that great. My Macbook Pro running XP 32bit needs 11ms (568 samples) to sound decent, and a computer of that spec should achieve a far lower latency setting than that.

Keith

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 2:31 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I've done some more testing tonight and it seems to be the jogs causing the lockup when pitch bending. If you use the pitch bend buttons instead it doesn't freeze.

I will just run with that at the weekend but you are right .... things like this don't get solved overnight but over a month is unacceptable for such a high end product. Denon need to realise the bug renders the unit unusable as DJ's arent willing to take the chance of a lock-up in a gig. it's not just a cosmetic fault.

Keith

Funny thing is I mixed all night using jog wheels for bending this past weekend and had no issues at all. It sounded great too. I have not been able to make mine freeze with the jog wheels. Using ASIO win7 x64.

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 3:05 pm
Normal bending is fine, I had done 5 gigs until it crashed. It's when you bend for a prolonged period (for example to speed a track up considerably) that the lockup happens.

Given the fact it happens with scratching too, it definitely seems to be an issue with the midi signal sent to the PC causing the problem.

Keith

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 3:14 pm
Talked with denon tech support as welll as my supplier. Sounds like a fix is close guys hang in there i am and i have 2 6000s.

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 6:34 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Hey guys, a fix has been produced and being tested for final release.
If all goes well, 3-5 days, ITS YOURS !

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 10:09 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Denon is definitely working hard to resolve this issue. There have been numerous emails back and forth. I want to personally thank all of you for reporting your findings and sticking it out. As I am sure you are all aware this controller is one serious piece of equipment. More to come soon but like my man Denon DJ said 3 to 5 days!

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 12:03 am
Great news! Looking forward to the fix...

I was playing round with it last night and love the fact that I can switch any input to the line-ins while in 4 deck midi mode... I suffered a bit of a comp failure while testing last night and was able to switch to the ipod, GREAT feature!

Si

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 3:16 am
I have to say boys and goils, that VDJ forums ROCK!!! I am so down in the dumps over this unit, that when I come here I get inspired again to stick this out. I am not your average DJ. I DJ fulltime for corporate, bars, karaoke and mix one-man inpersonation acts. I work all the time. 6 nights a week with multiple events like bars....so I need this to work. I have major concerns with the sound card and what its been giving me.

But when I come to VDJ, I am lifted again, feeling there's hope for this unit and I tend to get better answers and action from here than Denon itself. Thanks. Below is my rant/concern/bitchin'/lashing out. You don't have to read it, I just needed to vent.

Hello All....What I can't understand is why we are bound to the layout of the sliders by Denon. If you buy a new sound card, you can assign what faders get assigned for external mixer useage. ie: Presonous, M-Audio etc......

Why can't we use the advanced setup and do our own. I am having so much trouble with the 2 deck senerio, I have given up on it and am using PCmix mode. (not a fan of it, but it works). My hopes for this deck have really been deminished. But, as in the past, this article of mine will probable be deleted shortly after posting.

I have found that tech support both Can and U.S. have lacked. U.S. support gave me an answer of "the sytem works, thanks for calling"

Canada doesn't know anything about the unit, at all, yet. This just seems to me another crappy example of a company doing the following...."lets just sell the units, get them on the market and we'll fix everything in support at a later date"....I have seen this several times before, but not with Denon. This is a real big disappointment for me. I am a denon fan, I have used the product for many years....got away from it for 6 years then came back by purchasing this unit. I hope there is a firmware upgrade or something in the plans. Because as it sits right now, I have a very expensive, awsome looking yet useless tool in my rack right now......oh ya, I had 2 major hardware mishaps last night at karaoke. DUDE! It's karaoke!! One song at a time. It's not the software, been using it for years, it's fine. The DN MC-6000 has issuses. Please fix them I only have 20 more days to return this....I don't want to, but I will if I keep getting problems.
Surprisingly, my DAC3 works better than this unit. I want to be at home with DENON again. Hardware is the LAST thing I want to worry about going into a gig.

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 10:26 am
Looks like Denon will come through here. Great news!

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 10:27 am
pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Denon DJ wrote :
Hey guys, a fix has been produced and being tested for final release.
If all goes well, 3-5 days, ITS YOURS !

Fantastic news.

Personally I've not been suffering the lockups quite as bad as the guys who really use the jogwheel features but all the same it's good to know the bugs in the drivers are being fixed.

Could I ask that Denon produce a findings and fixes list so that we are all assured of what they did find and what has been fixed in this new release.

All that remains now is for Atomix to fix the advanced sound config so I can use the MC6000 and my Gigaport HD at the same time.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 5:08 am
Good news!

Denon UK have just emailed me the new firmware, so I guess it will be loaded on their site in the not too distant future.

It addresses the jogwheel lockup with VDJ.

I will test it when I get home later and let you know the outcome.

Keith

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 6:31 am
Don't suppose you fancy throwing it over my way? ;) lol

Patience is a virtue… for others!

Si

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 6:40 am

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 7:52 am
Thanks for all your help Silvio and DJ Homeboy!

Keith

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 7:56 am
is there also a new asio driver comming?
or should the 2.20 asio working well with the new firmware?

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 7:57 am
DJ-Evangel wrote :
is there also a new asio driver comming?
or should the 2.20 asio working well with the new firmware?

ASIO v2.2 is still the one to use.

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 8:01 am
Huge thanks from me to all those who were involved in trying to get this fixed!

This is my first Denon product and I love it... I will be a returning customer for sure.

Si

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 8:11 am
okay, than i try the advanced config with this...

how long takes the update?

my status is CUE 1 and CUE2 on for maybe about 10 minutes now...

on screen there ist

Product PC
Request Adress: 0x0

Reply Adress: 0x0
Send Update to Control

Send Check Sum Value to Control

Wait...........

(and i can press start again)

EDIT:

ok i restartet the denon after 20 minutes DIRECTLY to the update mode
now i could flash the firmware.....

Posted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 8:12 am