Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I don't think it is. I have been a member of Demon DJ forums for years but have had recent posts deleted for daring to criticize. I will make a diplomatic response here tomorrow. Hopefully Atomic won't delete my posts for having an opinion unlike Denon.

Keith

Posted Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 8:49 pm
Seems like more peps are having this problem I had it and than could not duplicate it than played with the unit today and the locked up on a scratch. Lucky i have only used the unit in the studio.

I was about to sell my 4500 but glad i did not. I like the unit so much out of the box that i ordered i 2nd unit before i intially encountered the lockup.

The 2nd 6000 showed last week. Not sure if i should test it or just return it. Relaly counting on denon for a quick fix here.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 1:49 am
I love how my smartphone corrects words as I type .... maybe Atomic is a better name than Atomix!

Anyway, there were some funny reactions on the Denon forum on Friday. I expressed concern that I couldn't work at the weekend with the MC6000 as I didn't want a crash similar to what happened last weekend and that I was going to use my Alcatech RCP controller with BPM Studio as it's ultra reliable. I also stated quite rightly that I was unhappy with the time it was taking to fix the problem, as it was first highlighted at the end of December and working DJ's need to be able to use the kit they have paid for.

My post got completely deleted, so did the following one and then someone else asked where my posts had gone and their post got edited too then the entire thread got locked. Apparently I broke the forum rules, but the truth of it is that the people running the forum on behalf of Denon can't accept any criticism whether justified or not.

The jogwheel bug is easy to recreate by either scratching or pitch bending quickly. Denon have intimated there will be a fix but won't give a timeline, so as such I would recommend not using the MC6000 at the moment unless you leave the jog dial alone. The fact that it completely freezes VDJ requiring a reboot of the controller AND VirtualDJ is no use even if you have a backup device. It is also unclear if the problem lies with VDJ or the controller or maybe a combination of both.

I'm really disappointed at the reaction on the Denon forum, and I personally feel that their actions aren't allowing customers to express an opinion which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure (just like the HC4500) that a fix will make this one of the best controllers on the market, but Denon need to understand it is frustrating not being able to use it in it's current form.

I ended up giving my gig away to another DJ last night. The management were well peed off when I lost the music last week when the club was busy and I didn't want the same thing to happen last night. I didn't have the time to set up BPM Studio from scratch but I will have to do it this week so I don't lose another £180

Keith

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 6:55 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can you remap the jog dials to control the effects parameters?

I wonder if it will still crash when its remapped...

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 2:38 pm
I am going to wait a week and if no fix is found i would sadly try to return the 2 units i purchased as there is no way I would run the unit live at an event.

Here is the sad part of this. Denon is typically a solid product. The DJs that use and were the first to seek this product are probably Denons biggest Fans. Early adopter are the ones that can make a or break a product. The ones that purchased the 6000 are also probably some of the best DJs in the business. One thing i can tell you is reputation is everything.

If you have a 6000 and have had this problem do not continue to use the unit as a freeze at an event as far worse than the cost of the unit. you will just end up getting more pissed off at denon. Let hope they resolve this soon. If not just return the unit get your money back and move on with DJing. If they fix it at a later time great if not than at least your ahead of the game.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 6:27 pm
(Hi DJ Homeboy)
I am not understanding why your new mapper has the CFmode ignored and the midi signal ignored to the software. What will this do for me?
I have never used anything with midi, so I am not really sure how it works anyways.

Also, I cant seem to get the BOOTH to assign anything at all except MASTER. Can you shed some light for me on this topic? Thank you in advance.

Posted Sun 30 Jan 11 @ 7:31 pm
Sadly I'm getting to that stage too. The way I have been treated on the Denon forum is nothing short of disgraceful, and as you said above I'm not going to use the MC6000 until Denon (or Atomix) have released a fix and I've tested it thoroughly.

This is a very sad outcome, even more so that the bug completely freezes VDJ and the controller requiring both to be restarted which to me renders it unusable at present.

I will seriously have to consider what to do this week. I guess if nothing happens in the next few days I will have to contact my supplier to try and arrange a refund, but since I have had the unit since 23rd December that may not be possible any more.

My opinion of Denon has gone seriously downhill lately. I thought after the VMS4 debacle Denon would be a vast improvement but you live and learn I suppose. Promises on their forum without substance are no use, and the word "soon" is totally meaningless. Deleting threads and locking posts for having an opinion is inexcusable.

Keith

Posted Mon 31 Jan 11 @ 11:59 am
+1 to that!

Please note that "They", "We're", "They're", "We'll" are not directly associated to either Atomix or Denon, but whoever is needing to sort the problem out ;).

You ask for timelines or so much as a report of progress and you get "We're working on it"... And then several big wigs / moderators step in to quote "We're working on it", to point out the fact that they're "working on it".

It would be absolutely fine if they said something along the lines of 'we're having a bit of trouble ironing out the issue' or 'we are looking to hopefully have a fix by *date*'... Anything would have been better than basically 'shut up we'll do it'. Sorry if I seem to be a bit harsh but I think some others would agree that it's how we feel we've been treated.

When I get my new unit back without a bent phones level on it (or any others *touch wood*), I will be hanging on to it purely because I love the look and feel of the unit and it is the only one that actually has exactly what I want at my fingertips. As for commercial use, I will be busting out the RMX for the time being. Roll on summer and 2 shiney new V7's!

Si

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 3:42 am
I totally agree. The MC6000 is perfect in every way but no use with the current problems. It's like having a Ferrari in your driveway that won't start .......

Everyone has gone quiet on this and yet again the customer suffers.

I lost my gig last week because of this and nothing so far from anyone with a timeline or indication of where we are except "soon"

To say I'm angry is an understatement. I'm gonna call Demon UK today.

Keith

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 4:38 am
Let me/us know how you get on!

My replacement unit is coming tomorrow where it will be tested for quality before being put in the custom flight case to hibernate until it no longer freezes (apart from the odd home session to pass some time).

It is such a shame that this problem is taking this long to fix because the product is that good. And I know some have said that a month is not long but like you say, you lost a gig due to the issue...

Scenario: imagine there was a DJ who lost every week since just the start of this month (due to the freeze); when they would usually have a gig on a Friday night at £200. We're talking £800 loss for January alone. A month+ may not seem a lot in a timeline but it's long enough to leave a substantial crater in a bank balance.

Si

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 4:48 am
Exactly. I have to work this weekend so if I can't get the BPM Studio controller up and running it will be a mouse & keyboard job with VDJ which is not ideal.

I should have known better than to move my HC4500 so soon.

Keith

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 4:56 am
Ouch! Good luck to you...

That's why I've kept hold of my RMX (I did almost decide to sell up), and that's why I will still keep all three when I get my V7's.

By then there will be 2 systems going out as a weekly rental (potentially one being left in a bar that a family member is running) and my main system to come with me.

Si

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 5:01 am
Has anyone returned the unit for full refund due to the freeze problem yet?

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 12:37 pm
Not as far as I am aware. Hopefully the fix will completely sort this issue.

Just a quick update ....... I called Denon UK in Belfast today and they couldn't have been more helpful.

A really nice guy called Johnny took all the details from me, and he called back to say that Denon are fully aware of the issue and a firmware update is imminent. He also asked if I would like a copy of the update as soon as it is released by the Denon engineers in Japan, so if I receive this I will let you know how I get on.

Another important thing he told me is that the Denon DJ forum isn't officialy Denon (although Silvio does contribute) so he has advised that UK customers should contact customer support officially rather than relying on the forum for up to date information.

Great service all round, most impressed.

Keith

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 1:12 pm
VIIVentPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I spoke to denon and they want a video of the issue sent to there techsupport@d-mpro.com email so if any of you guys want to up a video please send it to youtube and email it in. I am in the process of returning this bad boy, I am so dissappointed with it all the hopes and now its flopped. I hope this freezing issue can be resolved as I really really like this controller but will be watching as updates happen but I am too money strapped to consider waiting on a resolution. Once its been resolved I will consider it again but for now its back to Hercules.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 2:17 pm
VIIVentPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I spoke to denon and they want a video of the issue sent to there techsupport@d-mpro.com email so if any of you guys want to up a video please send it to youtube and email it in. I am in the process of returning this bad boy, I am so dissappointed with it all the hopes and now its flopped. I hope this freezing issue can be resolved as I really really like this controller but will be watching as updates happen but I am too money strapped to consider waiting on a resolution. Once its been resolved I will consider it again but for now its back to Hercules.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 2:27 pm
I, too am considering returning this device.
Although I have had it freeze once, I have not had freezing issues....
I just can't get the thing to do what it promises to do....

......an example of this would be the BOOTH assign. With the exception of the MASTER OUT it does not work when in midi mode. It seems that it only works for external sources which is absolute crap. If I needed an external source (ipod) for music, I would not need the BOOTH feature.

Another issue I have discovered is the inconsistant volume levels and WOW factor from 0-loud volume in a twitch of the nob going past 12:00 on the LOW knob.

I don't like the fact I can't go into VDJ sound tab and set up the faders as I see fit in advanced mode.

I would like to also change the Denon Asio Sample rate and/or Bit resolution like you can in every good sound card on the market.

I paid alot of money for this unit and I really did not get anything. It's best feature so far is the light show you get when you boot it up.
An obvious Asian manufacturing tademark. No offence to Asians. Just their cheezy bling when it come to electronics.

If anyone has any fixes or advice for fixes they can suggest, I am all ears....and eyes.

Posted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 2:54 pm
I have got a 2nd unit and will try to duplicate the freeze on the 2nd unit.

If it freeze i am personally setting a drop dead date of Feb 14 Valetines days for a fix or I saldy will return booth units and try out other products on the market. Denon makes strong products but they are not perfect. Same can be said for other products now on the market.

I am sure they are working on the issue. But its a personal issue of how long can you wait?

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 1:05 pm
I've done some more testing tonight and it seems to be the jogs causing the lockup when pitch bending. If you use the pitch bend buttons instead it doesn't freeze.

I will just run with that at the weekend but you are right .... things like this don't get solved overnight but over a month is unacceptable for such a high end product. Denon need to realise the bug renders the unit unusable as DJ's arent willing to take the chance of a lock-up in a gig. it's not just a cosmetic fault.

Keith

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 1:22 pm
I have been playing with my MC-6000 since I got the replacement...

I have noticed that using the non ASIO sound card driver for the Denon, the performance and audio quality is much better. I can use Advanced Stretching for master tempo.

In addition under advanced config it gives me outputs 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8... Which is a bit confusing! I'm guessing the other 2 sets are just fake or something.

I've had one lock up so far with not much job wheel usage.

Si

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 2:07 pm
40%