Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 15

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

pbouzanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
jpboggis wrote :
pbouzan wrote :
The only real problem I have is that with the MC6000 attached it places a huge strain on the laptop resources. Both processors run at 75% or more and I can't really use much more than a fade transition and titler otherwise I get video frames being dropped.

Having the MC6000 attached should not cause such a significant increase in CPU.

Have you maximised or resized the skin? This can cause a considerable increase in CPU usage depending on the capabilities of your graphics card and whether you have chosen quality resizing in CONFIG -> Performances.

Make sure that you use the skin at its correct native size. If it's not big enough, you can download custom skins from http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skins.html

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/homepage/jpboggis/blogs/4094/Common_performance_issues_and_solutions.html for other causes of performance issues and their solutions.

I spent this afternoon really going through all of my laptop settings and latency according to your instructions which are gratefully received, thankyou.

I think the main problem I had was with the Aero interface just not liking VDJ to be honest. Once I'd disabled that everything became a lot more fluid. VDJ and the MC6000 have been running on autoplay for the past 4 hours and I've been trying a number of combinations to see what causes the heaviest loading and once Aero and all the glitzy windoes effects were turned off VDJ became a lot more responsive. The only thing that really makes it go all gooey again is using the Parameter 2 control (which i've mapped to the effect selection). Once I twiddle that the GUI just goes all sticky... hmmm...

kradcliffe wrote :
I got caught out with this in the club last night.

About 1.15am, club was pretty busy. In error I had started playing the edit of Cascada - Evacuate the dancefloor (ironically!) and I needed the 12" version to mix in to. I loaded that on deck B then was quickly turning the jogwheel in bend mode to catch the other track up and VDJ and the controller completely froze.
Keith

Sorry to hear that Keith... painful to say the least!

Thing is, I've had my setup running for these past 4 hours and been racing the tracks through on fast search (scratch mode) every time I walk past it and I cant get the bugger to lock up. I even ran one track back and forth over its entire length three or four times whilst talking to the mother-in-law telling her how to log into Facebook and accept friends (for the n'th time). I'm about to turn it all off and go to bed in fact. Will put it into 4 deck mode tomorrow and report back.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 6:13 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If mc-6000 is a real mixer, why you would not plug a cd player to one of the channels as a backup? Then you could play a track from cd if vdj freezes and need to restart? I dont have mc-6000 yet but planning to buy it. Another option is to wait until ns6 is released...

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 6:48 pm
When VDJ freezes I can not exit unless I turn off the Dennon MC6000 mixer. That is why you can not rely on the Dennon as an analog mixer.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 7:10 pm
Yes it is Volume not sound. You should install the Dennon mapper that is in The VDJ download section. That will also fix the VDJ faders from going down during start up.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 7:15 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
Si, thanks for posting my reply here!

Posted Sun 23 Jan 11 @ 9:12 pm
No Problem!

I thought, seeing as I'm in the EU and the unit comes with *alternative* software, I'll stick the picture as my av :-D

Posted Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 10:05 am
This jog dial bug can be recreated easily by either scratching for a prolonged period or by spinning the dial quickly in pitch bend mode. It's beginning not to be funny any more.

Here's what I've posted on the Denon forum, hopefully I'll get a response (probably by Gary telling me to modify my PC again ....)

Silvio

Are we going to get a fix for this weekend or will I have to find alternative equipment for the club?

I can't take the chance of this controller going down on me again as it did at the weekend. Although I have been a long term customer of Denon and had many of their DJ products this is beginning to feel like a bad experience.

The unit is sold on the fact there is hardware backup if your PC goes down, but this bug freezes the software and Midi and requires a reboot of the controller and software which is extremely unsatisfactory.

This jog wheel bug has been known about since the end of December and a month is surely enough time for a professional company to come up with a solution.

Thanks

Keith

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 12:06 pm
Great post Keith. I am upset with this controller also. I have an event this weekend and I cant even use this $700 controller. This is not fair to those who bought this Dennon product. Are we the guinea pigs testing it out?

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 8:42 pm
Hahaaa! This is starting to sound like the VMS4 thread, lol!! Denon is alot more credible then AA so relax fellas. Maybe they'll put out a Traktor edition and a 2 deck version! Lmao!!

Im sure they'll get it fixed
Huey

Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 8:54 pm
Let's not forget the carry bag!

Si

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 3:04 am
I bought the The Big Namba Studio Backpack for myself:

http://nambagear.com/big-namba-studio-backpack/

It fits the Denon perfectly and has a ton of room for cables etc... I will also fit a normal sized laptop up to 17". Unfortunately my laptop is a giant behemoth 17" and it won't fit due to the thickness. So, I still need 2 bags to bring to club gigs. With this bag tho and a normal laptop, you could get your gig down to 1 bag though. The best price was on Amazon btw if anyone is interested.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 11:04 am

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 11:21 am
The thread on the Denon forum has now been locked. No point taking this any further with them.

I'm sure a fix will be released, but until then I have a £679 paperweight as I dare not take it out again this weekend for the same thing to happen.

Happy days!

Keith

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 1:29 pm
They got sick of your whining obviously :P

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 3:42 pm
Probably, but it can't have been too bad as they've opened the thread up again :)

Someone on there is now saying Atomix are providing a fix .... I'm confused .......

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 4:16 pm
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Guys I have had the "fix" for a few days now as I was consistently able to get my 6000/ VDJ to freeze within 10 minutes every single time I played. I have a video gig Friday night and will give it a go again. This may or may not be a final fix as I was basically a guinea pig and I did get it to crash once but I cranked down the latency on purpose to see if it would. So the "fix" is on its way, these guys are bustin their balls tryin to figure it out, just try to be patient.

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 2:36 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Zamooda wrote :
Guys I have had the "fix" for a few days now as I was consistently able to get my 6000/ VDJ to freeze within 10 minutes every single time I played. I have a video gig Friday night and will give it a go again. This may or may not be a final fix as I was basically a guinea pig and I did get it to crash once but I cranked down the latency on purpose to see if it would. So the "fix" is on its way, these guys are bustin their balls tryin to figure it out, just try to be patient.

Zamooda hope your not telling bs. My brother is planning to buy this next week as his first piece of hardware into the realms of dj'n. I'm holding out for more details on the Gemini equipment.

Keep us posted how it goes...

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 4:13 am
There seems to be conflicting information here.

@Zamooda, here's what you posted on the Denon forum regarding the jogwheel lockup .....

Hey boys- I know many of u r having issues with ur 6000. No one has had it worse than me as I can get mine to freeze within 10 minutes every single time!
This is good news for u as I have been on the phone several times (and emails) w DJ Homeboy from VDJ.
I was given a fix which has stopped my freeze. Now I was a guinea pig for this and I wanted it so no complaints.
The fix didn't work on an initial startup but After that it's been great!
Now I'm still working with virtual to solve it as this again is just a bunch of hardworking dudes trying to figure ish out.
I've been a denon user for 20 years and virtual for only a couple I have no ties with them other than using there products, but when Virtual DJ calls ME that's a great effort!
It will be solved guys I'm aggravated too but im going with the flow

I emailed the same person yesterday and no mention was made of this "fix". All that was intimated is that Denon are working on new firmware, which concurs with the information from Silvio.

I would dearly like to know the truth of what's happening here.

I'm peed off at having to dig out my 10 year old Alcatech controller and reloading BPM Studio to do tomorrow night's gig because I can't rely on state of the art technology.

Keith

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 6:26 am
That's exactly how us turntable guys feel Keith, we have to use different software depending on what type of mixing we'll be doing cause the timecode is not where it needs to and probably wont cause VDJ is king of the midi controllers..........

Good Luck
Huey

Posted Fri 28 Jan 11 @ 6:39 am
lakeyPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Does anyone know if it has to do with the initial batch of DN-MC6000 units sold as noted on the forum, because I have the same problem and Dennon said it was a VDJ problem. In the middle of a gig, I scratched and bingo FREEZE as I was bragging how good the unit was. Specifically, I tried scratching on one side, while the other deck played a song on mutliple occasions and Bingo! again and again FREEZE!!! Happened with my 13" mac pro and 17" HP Pavilion that are both used and set for djing only, no wifi, etc etc.

If its the first batch of units, I'm returning mine ASAP from IDJNOW as this is negligence on Dennon's part, not the customer, so there better not be any restocking fees. Somebody please advise if its the first units put out in December.

Thanks much

Posted Sat 29 Jan 11 @ 3:24 pm
38%