Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Plugin for XNTH VMS - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wallterHome userMember since 2010

Posted Wed 28 Apr 10 @ 8:39 am
Had some extra free time to check it out and the answer is: Yes, it is. Cheers, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lk0NwiBDUfc

I don't know why youtube upsized it, but when you downsize the movie, you could see that it's in VDJ screen output.

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 4:19 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
here you go...

first post...

second post

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 6:06 am
Wow, this looks cool,

I found the xnth website, but I can't see any info on how to download or get it to work?

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 1:57 pm
Yes, it's using some kind of video game video engine, wicked... Regarding to demo, I've been waiting about a month just to get demo over some kind of subscription. Now they're launching version 2, those guys are deadly slow, or it's some strange marketing behaviour...

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 3:43 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Having been following this software for a while I'd say slow is an understatement!

Posted Mon 08 Nov 10 @ 6:05 pm
nevermind all that talk...how does this install in vdj?.....jeez! he,he

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 4:22 am
humm,the requirements for a hefty video card rules me out I'm afraid..:-( BTW walter..this reminds me...a while back i ran into one called ELEKTRONICA...its based in modules and video samplers and sequencers,very much like REASON its for audio,with virtual patch cords etc.this is for video (or at least thats whats they attempted) and i had it free but my system could'nt handle it.plus you'll want a few camaras to connect and stuff but later i'm gonna give it another run when i've upgraded to an Alienware or something...

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 5:35 am
seems the web site its down or waiting for a "next" version.now I'm bombed!! but found some other info thats good...

Posted Sat 13 Nov 10 @ 8:51 pm
Works ok on my old Toshiba and now on my new Fujitsu Lifebook with integrated Intel graphic card, don't be scared. There are a few settings for smooth play on weak graphic cards. I'm using two laptop's setup to integrate it with VDJ, but it's not recomended for live gigs (it never fails down, but... you never know.)

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 2:40 am
well im allready lookin but cant get a download link....seems that xnth.net its on standby?

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 5:04 am
humm...all i see are torrents for this...where's the legit?

Posted Sun 14 Nov 10 @ 8:13 pm
man...whats going on here? wheres them Xnth guys? check this out..running an external L.e.d. screen
http://vimeo.com/13058142

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 12:36 am
@tracker : you should subscribe for download, find their e-mail and they'll send you an link to download... Don't ask me why, I've been waiting about a month, but it's great...

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 11:31 am

Posted Mon 15 Nov 10 @ 10:13 pm
How to connect Xnth with VDJ? Here:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/9404/vdjxnthsetup2.png

1. Xnth host laptop - sends Xnth visualizations over S-video to USB capture card

2. VDJ host laptop - receiving visualizations over USB capture card (video effects/camera/find source)

3. USB capture card (or VGA capture USB card, if you find one)

4. S-video to chinch video cable

5. Audio cable (host1 mic/in - host2 audio/out) to send audio from VDJ to Xnth, so it could react to music

6. USB audio card to send audio from VDJ host to mixer

7. ehh, audio mixer

8. hdmi video cable to connect VDJ host to big screen or whatever

9. big screen or whatever

This setup is ok for receiving Winamp visualizations, too... Winamp instead Xnth, etc. If you think this is complicated, you should sit down surrounded with a few SDK's and cry yourself out... Cheers

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 6:00 am
no ,not at all ,now that you've explained it...Lol...but gotta get the xnth link first.what about Morphyre? ever heard of it? here..http://www.digitalmediatrancefur.com/visualizers.html ....same place mentions xnth,interesting also..the G-Force and Arkaos.anyways seems you get the demo but it there's a lot of complications and it aint running.i get a message that says "might need open GLSL and or latest video card drivers (for my intel intergrated?..thought this updated itself with the the dell support center thing.also it needs to be connected to the internet to "update scenes" and i dont know if i can trust that.

Posted Tue 16 Nov 10 @ 7:50 pm
Well, if you're DJing seriously, you HAD to have 2 laptops, just for the backup, so why not to use it for vis's? This solution is useful for Mac users, too. USB capture card and a couple of cables costs a few bucks and saves you of bunch of headaches and craps in VDJ setup. All those fancy visuals are configurable over screen clicking and it's not something that VDJ screen will ever allow.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 3:43 am
Correct.thats why I've been penny pinchin other applications and gear.I'm lookin at a Alienware m15x and a MSI that are not too chabby right now.on the down side i uninstalled the not-working Morphyre being that i dont think my intergraded card supports glsl which its needed for Morphyre to run.now interesting enough i had'nt checked to see WHO morphyre is.they are the guy who made R4 and the other guy its MR. MILKDROPS himself sooo...got an idea...more on this Later...Lol..

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 4:38 am
Wooow, just bumped on something... Remember those fancy logo video clipbank movies? Here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/135807/General_Discussion/Custom_Video_Logos.html

Those are made with BluffTitler software and look very, very good. Just discovered that those *.bt files could be played over BluffTitler player, wich has options for fullscreen and playlist. I made an playlist and used the same setup as for Xnth & VDJ. It could save bunch of time cause no need to convert them and no bothering with clipbank. Of course, this setup could be used for flash, too. But the reproduction has to be with an flash player with playlist option, only one existed out there.

Anyone interested in creating BluffTitler plugin with c++? There you go...

http://www.outerspace-software.com/player.html

There are a few links for flash plugin integration, but I don't think I want to share it with anyone...

Posted Sat 20 Nov 10 @ 4:49 pm
44%