Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: My Working Video Machine - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hmm... Ok, one more question: For those of us with external mixers.. how do we cue up a video mix now? our headphones are plugged into the external mixer, and since you have to use the crossfader on the screen for video, then you cant preview the track to put it on beat before mixing.

What i mean is that while the crossfader is to the left, we wont be able to preview the right side with the external mixer.

Im sure its something simple and Im missing the whole thing... please enlighten me. The only option is to send the headphone preview to one of the outputs on the soundcard. Am I correct? that would be a pain I think.

Killabee44

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:24 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Killa,

why are you not using the dvi/vga out to the projector?

The setup is pretty easy

use dual view mode

hook up vga using dvi to vga supplied adapter (longer runs better connecter etc) (when you boot)

If you have to use svideo (which i don't understand why) have it connected when you boot

I had the same problem with the video mixer the way I solved it was using keyboard shortcuts for the video mixer only. ASD left center right and qwe preview a a+b B

My plan is to user a midi fader and adapter it to work with one of the channels of my mixer I've yet to find a cost effective solution for that

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:38 am
Cyder,

Thanks for your reply. I am just trying this out on a tv. That is why im using the s-video. I have not yet purchased a projector. I will in the very near future, any recomendations? I really don't know where to start since I have never owned one or how much it will run.

As far as monitoring our mix via the headphones goes, I guess that means we wont be doing any real beat matching with the headphones unless we plug them into one of the soundcards outputs and then specify which one in the vdj config.

Also this is a problem, the crossfader controll on the mixer... Maybe we can rig a midi one on top of or next to the external mixer's crossfader. That might not look so professional though.

Good idea you have on the midi. That new berringer mixer might have a midi crossfader no? I really like my Rane though...

Damn. How are peeps mixing w video?

killabee44

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 9:41 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I use the internal mixer Rob.
But you still should be able to cue on your external and view on the monitor, although it really isn't necessary to "see" what is on the screen at the cue point.
The sound is what matters not the video.

I have a Optoma 1700 DLP and a Mitsibichi 2700 LCD projector, not sure which one I like the best just yet, although the 2700 definately helps me at dusk when outside.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 1:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cyderhouse --

Is 22,270 a good benchmark number from Aquamark?

cstoll

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:53 am
cstoll

its an ok score means your video card isn't really up to date. Most new video cards will score at least a 50K

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 6:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The card I got is uses the nVidia 6200 chipset. That score is with the drivers off the disk and DirectX 9b. All Stock - Fresh install of entire machine. Do you think it will improve much with the latest video drivers and DX9c?

cstoll

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 1:23 pm
yes directx 9c will give a better score at least in therory :)

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 6:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)