Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 14

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
@DJCB

what effects do you use?

i have problems with "audio effect balance",when activated, vdj have a freez !
"video effect text2d or text, when activated, my pc keyboard does not work,
if disabled and other effect is active,everything ok again :o/
the problems I have since 6.08 and 6.1, with earlier versions 0 problems.
maybe you used one of the effect??

Braenzu

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 3:28 pm
DJCBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

Thanks you jakovski and Braenzu for answeer !

I delete all the effects and replace effects one by one

Some effects provoked effectively the crash from VDJ.

No working perfect and i can use my scroll button to change the effects

Thx for you help !

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 3:44 pm
Perfect - ;-))

It would be helpful if you post the effect which makes the problems.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 3:48 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
and now you can smile again ;o)

Braenzu

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 4:38 pm
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I am still having warble sound issues when using 2 5500's with version 6.1. The last version to work right was 6.05. I have all the latest firmware and drivers installed. Tweaking does nothing to improve! Can we please get this fixed?...a fix was promised in 6.08 (some improvement...yes but still cant use in a live setting)

Posted Sun 30 May 10 @ 5:54 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
hELLO iZM iM NOT SURE BUT , DO YOU HAVE AN EXTERNAL SOUND CARD , IF YOU DO RUN THE EXTERNAL SOUNDCARD WITH YOUR DENONS AND SEE IF YU HAVE PLATTER ISSUES. IT MIGHT BE A HARDWARE PROBLEM. IKNIOW I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE NEW DRIVERS ON MY ECHO AUDIOFIRE AND MY 3700S -- JAMM

Posted Wed 02 Jun 10 @ 2:46 am
Hey Guys.
Yesterday i bought myself a Denon Dn-s 3700.
As a poor student I only had enought money for one Unit, yet.
So my question is:
Is there any posibility to connect only one dn-s 3700 to VDJ (Midi mode) and the other deck with normal line-out.
I'm using an external mixer, of course.

Thx

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 10:25 am
Yes set to external mixer then set it to twocards one card set to 3700 the other set to primary soundcard you will have to run a line from the cpu. Soundcard to the mixer via a mini to rca.from the line out or headphone Jack

Sleepwalker wrote :
Hey Guys.
Yesterday i bought myself a Denon Dn-s 3700.
As a poor student I only had enought money for one Unit, yet.
So my question is:
Is there any posibility to connect only one dn-s 3700 to VDJ (Midi mode) and the other deck with normal line-out.
I'm using an external mixer, of course.

Thx

Posted Thu 03 Jun 10 @ 11:47 am
This is exactly the way I already tried. But without success.
I can hear music on the mixers's chanel I connected the Denon with.
But I can't use any feature of the Denon. (Display still says: "PC MODE - Completed!".
I read something about "Mapper". Because of my trial Vesion of VDJ (first want to check out if it works, befor buying it), I could not load this mapper file. Could this be the reason it doesn't work?

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 8:08 am
Sleepwalker wrote :
This is exactly the way I already tried. But without success.
I can hear music on the mixers's chanel I connected the Denon with.
But I can't use any feature of the Denon. (Display still says: "PC MODE - Completed!".
I read something about "Mapper". Because of my trial Vesion of VDJ (first want to check out if it works, befor buying it), I could not load this mapper file. Could this be the reason it doesn't work?

I actually ran this like this last night I have a licensed version and I don't need any mappers...everthing works great. ....make sure you put the player in midi mode first then start virtual dj. If it still says complete then put it back to cd mode and back to midi go to configuration on vdj then mappers then click on the box and rescan for devices ...should work ....not sure bout the non licensed mode though....but I have six of these players and they work.....

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 9:15 am
So, frirst, it was my fault. I forgot setting "Midi" at the Mapper-Option in VDJ.
So now its working fine.. for a view seconds!
When I play a track, I don't takes long and my VDJ is crashin.. And a have to restart Windows.
Should be a problem with the options of VDJ or Denon Preset Mode.
Some ideas?

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 9:43 am

Posted Fri 04 Jun 10 @ 12:52 pm
Thanks for answering.
But it's about the DN-S3700..
Anyway, I'm using the newest trial version (6.1) and my 3700 got the newst firmware, too.
But VDJ is still crashin after starting any track I play via the 3700. (Even when I don't push any buttons of VDJ/the Unit)

Posted Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 2:21 am
EDIT: I tried different thinks to find out what is the reason for VDJ's crashing.
And I found out, that it must have something to do with the Platter Mode of my 3700.
In "Bend/search mode" verything's fine. As soon as I switch to "Vinyl Mode" VDJ is crashing again after a few seconds.
Of yourse I'm not satisfied with using Bend Mode all the time.. ;)
I already tried to change the Rotation speed. But nothing helps at all..

Posted Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 2:37 pm
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005

Posted Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 6:40 pm
Hey guys first of all thanks for the great support, i would like to ask the following:
I have S3700 everything works great, but when i set a song to a point where i want it to start the I press "cue" it's on point, I press "hot start" is on point but when i hit "play" there is a little delay like a millisecond and my starting mix is off. can anyone provide me some guidance here?

Also for future rookie help, i hear about mapping i believe this is to add effects and use my decks with the VDJ, is there a quick reference or message i can go to like dummy steps, i have a Mac

thanks again for your support

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 10:17 am
Any word on the dn-hs5500 audio issue?

Posted Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 5:35 pm
Warbling when midi synced with denon hs5500

To: chris@virtualdj.com

Hi Chris, my name is Chaun. I just spoke to you concerning this matter and you asked me to send you this email. Any song played during this sync warbles while the turntable platter is in rotation, but plays normally when the rotation is suspended.
------------------
Hey fellas. I'm new to this forum and this issue is driving me CRAZY!!!! Above is an excerpt from an email I sent to VDJ. I've also addressed the issue in the denondjforums site to no avail. I'm hoping that someone here can give me some assistance with this issue. Just for clarity, when I say warbling, I mean that the music constantly changes speed while playing. Can anyone help me with this?

Posted Tue 29 Jun 10 @ 6:24 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Warble sounds are still there when using 2 Denon HS5500's in ver 6.1. I've tried everything at this point I only have denon drivers installed ( two different laptops..both Windows 7, latest drivers) As i said before the warlbles arent there in ver 6.05. They improved in 6.08...but not good enough. For some reason it seems people with DN3700's dont have warble sound issues? I guess i'll just have to wait!

Posted Wed 30 Jun 10 @ 10:51 pm
Thanks for ur response Izm123. Let me ask u this, do u know where I can download 6.05? And is there any major difference between 6.1 and 6.05? Anything that should deter me from downgrading?

I was also thinking, what if I use VDJ with an external usb or firewire sound card (i.e. - numark dj/io or stanton final scratch) can I do away with both the latency issue and the warbling? And still keep the midi connection for full functionality of the HS5500's?

[Please don't quote the post right before your message - This is unnecessary and also makes your message more difficult to read when the quoted text is not properly distinguished from your own reply.]

Posted Thu 01 Jul 10 @ 12:42 am
31%