Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I do have all current firmware and the correct asio driver. Believe me, I checked out all the posts before posting this. I really want to be able to use my ASUS laptop for djing.

The fan issue did cross my mind. My laptop does sit up on a proper stand with plenty of air around it like you mentioned. Would it be worth it to maybe buy a small fan and let it run against the laptop?

Thanks for the link, I am currently checking out all the common performance issues.

Posted Mon 17 May 10 @ 6:25 pm
I Love my DN-HC-1000S BUT. I am experiencing a VERY nasty problem with it. When I am mixing, scratching, Looping, or press a button or whatever IT RANDOMLY FREEZES VDJ!!! the music still plays fine and it ALL snaps right back as soon as i unplug the DN-HC1000s. the 1000s wont work again until i RESTART VDJ. IVE tried EVERYTHING to try and fix this problem and CANT DO IT. I am well knowledgeable when it comes to computers and sound and cant figure this one out. Im installing the Denon ASIO drivers now. SPECS 2.10Ghz Dual Core Pentium, 4GB DDR3 RAM, WIN 7, VDJ 6.0.8, AUDIO 4 DJ by NI, Time Code Vinyl, External Mixer, DN-HC1000S. PLEASE HELP I NEED IT.

Posted Tue 18 May 10 @ 9:17 pm
DJ_Junior J wrote :
i am having a problem whn i set up my DNS3700 to VDJ........ whn i go to configur section in VDJ whn i select the sound card option it says Error in ASIO Driver not enough Channels. i checked the dropdown menu to see if there is 2 soundcards but it's only shows the Denon ASIO Driver(Only 1 Option to Select) i follwed all the setup option given on page 1 but i still cant get it to work i have installed the lastest ASIO driver from the Denon Site. Can some body help me.....

Thanks

you have to set it to external mixer, and 2 sound cards make sure you turn the 3700's to midi mode before opening vdj. then go to config and soundsetup look at you sound cards in the drop down box there should be a usb 3700 there should be 2 you will need to set them both to different 3700's, click apply

Posted Thu 20 May 10 @ 5:37 pm
Ok new set of problems mid set was playing on 2 3700's and one player comes unresponsive then it will work again but it has alot of static the only way to fix it is to reset both players and vdj (not very good to have to do on the fly during a gig) i was told that it was cause of my internet so i turned that off, then was told it was my norton virus protection so i turned that off....for safe measure i closed everything running in the background........guess what it still did it.......it is very intermittent ......so i cant predict when it will happen.....i purchase very high dollar equipment to avoid this from happening can some one please help......would like to use the net search but...im turning off my internet and my anti-virus so i cant......can someon please help

Toshiba laptop running windows 7 i-5 processor
4 gigs of ddr3 ram
denon dn-x 1700
2 denon 3700's

Dj Xtreme

Posted Thu 20 May 10 @ 5:46 pm
Hello, after the new 6.1 Version nothing changed and it is more than 1 Month i wrote a Ticket to Support!!

6.0.5 seens to be the only good working version for all Denon Controller Users, with 6.0.8 they promised to fix our problems but since then nothing changed, which is really sad!

I am quite angry, because i bought a quite expensive Professiobnal Software and i even can't use newer versions because everything [edited] up when you start to Mix!!

What's up with the Programmers from Atomix, is it so hard to find the bug concerning all our Problems?? I mean Denon is not a No Name Brand in the DJ Sector, and i am sure a lot of people are waiting (and paying) to get a good and reliable Support!!

Posted Fri 21 May 10 @ 8:29 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Please don't post language like that in our forum.

Your ticket has been answered by our controller developer.
There is a working resolution for this, I have a pair of 37's myself and have perfect instant start every time.

Posted Fri 21 May 10 @ 4:31 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do not repost your entire ticket in the forums ... it does nothing to solve your problem. If you are still having issues then respond to your ticket. If you want more assistance then start your own thread with an explanation of your problem.

Posted Fri 21 May 10 @ 7:23 pm
DJCBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
@mp3jrick and another Atomix Team

You have a pair 3700, i hope you can help me

I use the left rotate knop from my denon to use the effect from vdj

See here number 6

Working perfect with the version 6.0.2 + 6.0.5.

No with the version 6.0.7 + 6.0.8 + 6.1 if you turn fast the knop to left or right than VDJ crash !!!

This is my command in the mapper

<map value="FX_KNOB_DOWN" action="effect active" />
<map value="FX_KNOB" action="param_greater 0 ? effect select +1" />

Can you try this and see if you same problem

Thx for answeer

DJCB

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 3:19 am
Hello mp3jrick, sorry for the "bad" word, it just described best the situation:)

I know that they are working on it but as i said, it is a major problem since many weeks and months, now we see a 6.1 coming up after 3 weeks since last version without any fixes!!

Thats all :)

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 6:37 am
mkr160PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have my Denon HD2500 hooked up to my Mac Book Pro using VDJ. I can not figure out why when in MIDI mode, the lights on the HD2500 do not work. Any suggestions? Im stuck.

Posted Sat 22 May 10 @ 3:00 pm
No answeer from Atomix Team ?

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 3:43 am
szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
DJCB wrote :
No answeer from Atomix Team ?

Maybe they dont work on Sat & Sun ?

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:17 am
I think they work - AS DJs ! Mostly on the weekend ;-))

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 10:40 am

There were no changes in VDJ that would make this work in one version and not another.

It did not crash my system but it did not work correctly either.
I do not have the time to sit down and figure out the strings for you.
Our mappers are designed to function according to normal use.
Customization if you so desire, is on you to figure it out and make it work.

Posted Mon 24 May 10 @ 4:56 pm
mp3jrick wrote :

There were no changes in VDJ that would make this work in one version and not another.

It did not crash my system but it did not work correctly either.
I do not have the time to sit down and figure out the strings for you.
Our mappers are designed to function according to normal use.
Customization if you so desire, is on you to figure it out and make it work.

WTF is this answeer

Thanks Atomix team, pay and goodbye thats what you say

Is this the support from Atomix ?

I think that you not give a answeer or solution because you have no knowledge for the mapper or script language.

This is you thanks that you give to the users from VDJ ?

If you not the time to help and resolve problems find a another job and change you signature please

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 12:04 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
@dccb

Everything to help you understand is on the wiki

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

Its not the job of the support staff to hand hold you through this process. We provide you the tools to make just about anything possible when custom mapping a controller. If you are unwilling to learn vdjscript then we provide a default mapping. Another option would be to contact another user and have them do this for you. I'm sorry you feel outed by the support team but please understand we've provided everything here for you.

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 1:27 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
@dccb

Everything to help you understand is on the wiki

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript.html

Its not the job of the support staff to hand hold you through this process. We provide you the tools to make just about anything possible when custom mapping a controller. If you are unwilling to learn vdjscript then we provide a default mapping. Another option would be to contact another user and have them do this for you. I'm sorry you feel outed by the support team but please understand we've provided everything here for you.

Thx for you answeer

I find scandalous the answer from mp3jrick

I write a email to Atomix from the reaction from mp3jrick

But the mapper work perfect with 6.0.1 + 6.0.2 + 6.0.5 !!!

No i change nothing and if i use effects than vdj crash

You propose a update 6.0.7 + 6.0.8 + 6.1 and its impossible to use effect

The support must give a solution why the software crash and not to change my mapper !

I use vdj since the version 4 and help the community enormously in the improvement from the soft

My question is "Why crash vdj if i use the effect ?

Thx for answeer

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 2:29 pm
When people act this way towards support, we kill them with kindness.
We refuse to let users pass their anger on to us as it only escalates the situation with no positive gain.

I have historically helped 2-300 users a week in support, that is no small task regardless of what you think of my ability.
In fact I spend most of my time helping users.
I am really sorry I do not have your answer or the answer you want to hear.

You on the other hand wrote the mapper for our add on area and yes probably know more in that regard than I do.

From a logical standpoint, if you have experienced a crash there should be a crashguard report logged, but you haven't posted that or maybe looked for it.
Then once that happens, it should present some answers whether it's internal or external code to the program, but its the only recourse.
Its not the first time that effect plug ins have crashed the software.
If you do that, its a start, and only DJ Cel reads those and has them logged for future reference.

I do know that SBDJ has posted that a couple of his plug ins are having issues with this version.
All of these things are discovered as we go along.
Do I have the answer why? No.
This release was only to add the subscription service, logically nothing else should have changed so this is odd that it's happening.

I did load the scripts you posted like you asked me to.
The software did not crash as I did so despite my own map changes getting messed up.

Users have the option to create and change the maps as they desire.
It is not support's responsibility to create these for the users although jpboggis and cstoll are both directly involved with that division of Atomix and have done this at times.
Even then its not always possible to achieve total perfection and they are the best at it.
It can take a great deal of time and effort to trial and test these map changes, and once again that option is the user's to explore.

Take this reply for what it is, and stop the hostility please.

Now back to helping people, thanks for reading.

Posted Tue 25 May 10 @ 4:12 pm
Quote :
When people act this way towards support, we kill them with kindness.
We refuse to let users pass their anger on to us as it only escalates the situation with no positive gain.

Sorry but you first answeer was not very positive !
It is not your answer which has me to irritate but the way of answering

Quote :
I have historically helped 2-300 users a week in support, that is no small task regardless of what you think of my ability.
In fact I spend most of my time helping users.
I am really sorry I do not have your answer or the answer you want to hear.

Sorry man,that it is your job and it is you who choice
I have to work 10 years in the computing and i also had 200-300 problems by weeks to be resolved.
My priority was to find a solution but also to help people

When I buy something, I have the right to express me when there is a problem.
Don't forget that VDJ lives thanks to us and advance thanks to our feedback

Quote :
From a logical standpoint, if you have experienced a crash there should be a crashguard report logged, but you haven't posted that or maybe looked for it.
Then once that happens, it should present some answers whether it's internal or external code to the program, but its the only recourse.
Its not the first time that effect plug ins have crashed the software.
If you do that, its a start, and only DJ Cel reads those and has them logged for future reference.

There is nothing for error message ans nothing from the crashquard it is VDJ which jams

I do not say that you all must know but at least make an effort to help to find a solution

Can Atomix try at least my mapper in a denon 3700 to see the reaction ?

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8706/Denon_DN-S_3700_Mapper.html/

Thx for answeer

Posted Wed 26 May 10 @ 3:58 pm
Is it possible that you remove all the addon effects you have installed - just temporary ?

Would be interesting to know if the problem is still present when only default effects where installed.

Maybe there is one effect that requests large areas of memory and have a problem when exiting the effect. I think when the effect initiate when selecting it could be one effect that makes problems.

I never has senn an effect like that you describe with an other controller. So it could be a special problem with that controller type, a problem with an effect or something i don't think at the moment ;-))

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:22 am
29%