Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VideoVision 6 Suggestions and Planning - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
That makes sense.

Posted Thu 10 Sep 09 @ 8:55 pm
Hey everyone - I've officially submitted VideoVision 6 to VirtualDJ so you can get the real thing from here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/9207/VideoVision_6.html

Have fun DJing with the new VideoVision6 for VDJ6 and up!

Please post any comments here and let me know what you think.

-Supacon

Posted Mon 14 Sep 09 @ 11:31 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried to check out the new skin, but received this msg.

"Sorry, you don't have the necessary accreditations to view this page."

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 9:24 am
See below :)

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 9:58 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 10:12 am
Hmm... I noticed that in that skin "variations" you've got my ancient v 3 skin, and the v5 skin, but not the V4 skin...

V4 and v5 are quite different, they were made for different sized monitors and had a substantial difference in feature set...

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 10:15 am
Oops, sorry - too late. I submitted it as an independent skin, so I guess I created the work of sorting that out for you.http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/9216/VideoVision_V4.html

I don't really care that much about V4, but some might, since it was the last version of a skin I did that fit properly on a 1280 pixel wide monitor (which is obviously a very common size).

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 10:54 am
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
great skin supacon
just wish i had a bigger monitor, i gave it a quick resize to 1280x800 to give it a whirl but that's a bit to small for everything that's in the skin
great work though !!

Posted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 3:36 pm
I just tried my skin on a laptop that was 1280x800, and it seemed to work rather well - in fullscreen mode, VDJ resizes it so that it fits. However, the algorithm they use is a very simple one, and it doesn't look so great resized. Perhaps I'll do a resize of it. Last time I did an update to VideoVision, Pasco123 (if I recall correctly) did a resize that worked well... but yes, it won't look nearly as good when shrunken down. Resolution independence was NOT a design criteria when I made this skin, unfortunately.

If I do a new skin from scratch though, it will be moreso.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 7:07 pm
Hi all, Ive done a resize of this skin from 1440x900 to 1280x768 and all looks ok to me..

I used the Skin Resizer Tool, and ticked 'Simple Resize'

from that resolution, i will do a Browser resize later to fit my 1280x1024 monitor.

all the buttons work as they should after the resize..

Posted Thu 17 Sep 09 @ 8:22 pm
Cool!

I tried this myself just now, and it looks better than I expected, actually! In the skin options pannel, the "hover" version of the radio buttons tends to be a pixel off here and there, and most of the pannels are misaligned a wee bit... but it should definitely be useable. I might play with the xml a bit to try and iron out these tweaks and then I can release it as a 1280x800 version for those with WXGA laptop screens.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 6:25 am
I just submitted a 1280x800 variation to the site - it should appear soon under neath the VideoVision 6 variations skin group. I didn't put much effort into it, but I did correct a few graphical glitches that the resizer introduced.

Hopefully this proves useful to the many users still using 1280x800 laptops.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 7:47 am
should the top of the wave forms be like this, or should the line be complete?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 10:16 am
Nope, that's a feature ;)

It's a little notch for the zoom buttons. Maybe it doesn't look as fluid once it's been resized? But yeah, that is how I designed it.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 10:21 am
Ive had another look, when resized, it still works ok. i just thought it was an error in the bitmap.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 11:00 am
I don't know why, but the skin resizer destroys color information in certain parts of the left hand side of the bitmap. I fixed the glitches that this causes in my version of the 1280x800 skin that I uploaded...

Posted Fri 18 Sep 09 @ 5:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)