Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Turntablist 5.2 (update) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I understand what your saying but i always look at my projects as functional 1st then, i add goodies after.

Not that i ever have but can you not access the param 1&2 from the effects tab panel? Why do we even have an effects panel in the options is no one ever uses it ?? :)

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 12:18 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
listen2 wrote :
I understand what your saying but i always look at my projects as functional 1st then, i add goodies after.

Not that i ever have but can you not access the param 1&2 from the effects tab panel? Why do we even have an effects panel in the options is no one ever uses it ?? :)

i know what your saying but for me i would prefer to be able to see it on the skin rather than flicking on to the effects tab window every time, don't get me wrong i don't use effects very often its just being able to see it as visual thing

i to think that the button should stay it is after all part of the tradition of the turntabablist skin that you've created
if you have already got it finished and ready to go i would leave it as it is, the way it is

as i would greatly take Dhoude up on his offer (thanks bye the way)

as i already said earlier in the post i never wanted to to change the look or design of the skin when i suggested adding two simple sliders to it

its your skin but i don't think knobs will look right on it though !! after all you've got that set up on the scratch control which i would love to see an update on that skin

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 1:56 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
aubs123 wrote :
i know what your saying but for me i would prefer to be able to see it on the skin rather than flicking on to the effects tab window every time, don't get me wrong i don't use effects very often its just being able to see it as visual thing

i to think that the button should stay it is after all part of the tradition of the turntabablist skin that you've created
if you have already got it finished and ready to go i would leave it as it is, the way it is

Aubs, you are starting to freak me out here reading my mind and all;) This is pretty much how I feel about it though. I can take care of anything else really. That was just my $.02 on layout feed back. If only Aubs and I feel are the only ones to feel that way, just run the skin the way it is. I do find (more often then I like to adimit) that there are many more efficient ways of doing buisness than I am use to. I just know I am not a fan of knobs on VDJ skins. I had to put the VDJ there so that nobody can twist my words;)

L2, I know what you mean about the constant revisions peice. I can respect that you probably have countless hours into this thing. I just want to say that I (we) really appreciate it. Take care man and really, Thanks for all the hard work!

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 2:19 pm
Nah guys its all luv luv in here ;)

I tell you what ... i'll do the knobs (hopefully ASAP) and if your not pleased ... then i will make a SE turntablist skin with what the 2 of you guys are requesting... why ??? cuz i'm that type of guy and you will paypal he massive amounts of funds :)

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 3:35 pm
Love too, but I am still working off that $750 for CS 3. Seriously though, I have heard people donating but no real metion of how it is done. Do you just PM me your email, then paypal it? I tried PMing Format and got no response at all. So I started looking for a new favorite skin.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 4:28 pm

this is almost ready to rock!

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 10:07 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Great job Listen2.

P.S: check the LOOP IN button..I am noting there should be a little error in your xml file

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 2:39 am
No sweat, that was fixed but I guess I started on an older version. That has been fixed.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 6:10 am
I does look good that way. Can hardly wait to try it.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 6:45 am
just one word = "superb" !!!

bring it on

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 9:30 am
Thank you guys. I think its pretty much what you were asking for.

the effects button i might still fool around with, i'm sure i can tweak it a little, I might make it a tad bigger... maybe even redraw some. That was something i just threw together, but i do like how it turned out.

It shouldn't be long now before a release.

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 11:57 am
Just got onto the forums for the first time in about a week.

Nice work mate :)

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 1:38 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Very nice L2.

I'll be using this one for sure when it is released!!!

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 4:17 pm

Posted Tue 30 Jun 09 @ 11:05 pm
It already feels like home, I love it, thanks and great job!

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 11:11 am

@L2 (or any other Skinner)

What is the code do I have to change in the xml to show "Remain" rather than Elapsed, as the default timer. Also what do I have to change in order to get the clock to read in 24h and not AM/PM

Cheers

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 11:28 am
Jimmy without looking i'm not exact but for the hours you can just simply change the text1 and text2 lines. Make text1 = text2, just delete the number 1 and make it number 2 and vica versa.

the remain/elasped you should just be able to copy and paste the remain and spent portion and again swap the code.

Myself i am still trying to get used to version 6 skins so i am a bit mixed in the middle with old and new code. I can post the exact code later for you if you cant figure it out. Its harder to explain then do :)

What i might consider is re-adding video back into the skin, sort of what like i had in version 2 of this skin.

Next on deck MIDI 2.0

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 12:22 pm

Cheers mate, will look into it later.

Should be OK now. I sort of get what you are saying :)

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 1:00 pm
great work as always L2 and thanks again I'm gonna love useing this one

Posted Wed 01 Jul 09 @ 3:54 pm
i'm making some nice graphic updates in the skin, things look a bit more "uniform"

After that... i think video will be making a return.

Any other suggestions , comments are welcome. thanks guys

Posted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 9:02 am
86%