Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Turntablist 5.2 (update) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

ok now i feel stupid!! hehe!! L2 do you have the split wave skin for(2 waves going up & down) 5.2 or is it only for 6.0?? I'm using NUMARK VIRTUAL VINYL so my update hasnt came yet.
thanks for your time
STAY FRESH & KEEP IT FUNKY!!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 7:47 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
:) yes it only works in 6.0 sorry.

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 8:21 pm
Man your fast, nice!! OK, thanks for your time and when i get my update i'll for sure be using your skin!!
thanks for your time
STAY FRESH & KEEP IT FUNKY!!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 8:24 pm
haha

hey i'm not trying to sell you anything but instead of being at Numarks mercy with you update, you can purchase a virtual dj license at a special rate.

Upgrade to VirtualDJ PRO, prices starting at $49 (36.35 €) *
If you own another product sold by Atomix Productions or one of its partners, you can upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro at a discounted price
(such products include for example VirutalDJ HomeEdition, Hercules DJConsoles, Numark Cue or VirtualVinyl, etc...)

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 8:33 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
great skins again L2

only one thing if it possible
what would be the chances of adding the two effect control parameters to it i realise you haven't got the room to add the control knobs

was thinking something like
two long thin boxes just under the effects button marked 1 and 2 having both the same colour as the decks
just so it shows how much of the for example (flanger) is applied
hope you no what i mean

you also said you was going to work and update some of your other skins
i hope your scratchcontrol is one of them as i really like that one as well !!

as always thanks for time you put into them
aubs

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 9:19 am
Thanks glad you like it.

With a controller can you not use the effects panel and see what is active or not? That's typically what i do if i am using effects, but i dont do too much with them really.

If i were to add knobs I would probably have to get rid of the 4th effect button to make space. I could make it a special version for you in this case.

Any other requests or ideas are welcome.

Would anyone care for this in an all White with black waves and text?

I'll open threads so we can discuss other new skin ideas.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 10:28 am
listen2 wrote :
dat_boi_tj wrote :
where did the one for VDJ 5 go?

I can upload that again if you like?

please?... its a great skin, VDJ6 for mac is a little buggy..

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:22 pm
dat_boi_tj wrote :
listen2 wrote :
dat_boi_tj wrote :
where did the one for VDJ 5 go?

I can upload that again if you like?

please?... its a great skin, VDJ6 for mac is a little buggy..

This skin is for VDJ6. You can use the horizontal(original design) version of this skin with the one exception the 3rd wave or (scratchwaves) will not appear but the wave view options 1 & 2 should appear just fine. The scratch version included in this .exe or .zip will not have any waves appear.

I will upload 3.5 again later. :)

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 12:53 pm
thnx

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 2:04 pm
you are indeed correct
i can tell if the effect is activated by the skin and by the controller

i was thinking something simple like this so it matches the skin

just so it shows what intensity the effect was at
and then with it done vertically on the other skin

plus users who just use a mouse or keyboard shortcuts to control it would no where the effect was at as well

please don't worry about making a special skin just for me (although much appreciated thanks) i was just trying to throw some ideas up for this or in a future release

hope it explains it a bit more clearly what i was on about

thanks aubs

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 3:53 pm
aubs123 wrote :
you are indeed correct
i can tell if the effect is activated by the skin and by the controller

i was thinking something simple like this so it matches the skin

just so it shows what intensity the effect was at
and then with it done vertically on the other skin

plus users who just use a mouse or keyboard shortcuts to control it would no where the effect was at as well

please don't worry about making a special skin just for me (although much appreciated thanks) i was just trying to throw some ideas up for this or in a future release

hope it explains it a bit more clearly what i was on about

thanks aubs

OK so its this version of the skin and not the scratch you wanted effects knobs/sliders. The sliders look cool but i think if anyone ever tried to click them with a mouse they are too close and you would have trouble selecting which one. I think knobs would be better. i should be able to raise the button up and add 2 knobs. Honestly that button looked cool to me but i dont think people really were 100% with it. I might just change it to the "simple" i use in the scratch version. That will give me enough room to make to good size buttons. What do you think?

Ideas are very welcome. Without them we can not room for improvements.

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:06 pm
got to agree there they would be probably be to close together

with just using a controller just to look at it you would just about get away with it
as you say knobs would be better i just didn't want mess your skin up to much

as i said it was just an idea and for you to have a play with and if you do, and end up being not happy with how it looks just leave them as they are they are still great skins

aubs

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:38 pm
Here is a preview for a new update. I have not settled on a layout but maybe some feedback can assist me. thanks

this willl still have overlapping, stacked split, and horizontal scratch waves.

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 8:40 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It looks nice :-)

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 11:24 am
overlapping + scratch waves rulezzz
nice buttons i like them alot !
hope to see a release soon :-)

Posted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 12:00 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
listen2 wrote :
Here is a preview for a new update. I have not settled on a layout but maybe some feedback can assist me. thanks

I think I just found my new favorite skin, nice job man. Without trying it I can't really say, are you accepting beta testers?

Posted Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 1:36 pm
As Aubs posted, I did like the effect sliders idea. Here was my take on it. I did have to move the effect window but they are very simple and keep the theme:

This is obviously not off of your new skin but what do you think? The beauty of this design is that if the effect allows you to adjust the parameters, the fader knob will appear. In the case of the "cut" effect, it only allows param 1 adjustment. So the bottom line (for param 2) is just a line with no knob. Then you can easily see what will adjust and what won't, were knobs will always be there. Plus it solves the "too close together" issue.

Posted Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 3:06 pm
i like the look of the new lay out cool !

@ Dhoude
i use this skin most of the time because its big, bright, and simple looking
i like the way how you've done the effect sliders it looks much better than my example hopefully something like this will make it into the next skin i really miss not knowing where they are set at

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 9:26 am
Thats not a bad idea but i'm still not convinced it fits into the design. I shy away from too much on on-screen functions. I know with more controller users the demand is there for on-screen visuals since the controller lacks any LED's etc. indiciating a function is active. I am from the school of no effects are really needed to get the mix hot, however i do feel that used in good measure they can add also.

This skin i think is almost done. I smoothed out some graphics and feel pretty good with this one, i will always continue to updates all my skins constantly.

I think i will add a more simple effects slot with 2 basic knobs, that button is a little big (i designed it for touchpad users so they do not click on the wrong button) but i think after much use i dont think it would happen. Knobs work much better in smaller spaces then sliders would. Hopefully i can get them in and this update finished .... tonight, dare i say :)

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 9:31 am
listen2 wrote :
Thats not a bad idea but i'm still not convinced it fits into the design. I shy away from too much on on-screen functions. I know with more controller users the demand is there for on-screen visuals since the controller lacks any LED's etc. indiciating a function is active. I am from the school of no effects are really needed to get the mix hot, however i do feel that used in good measure they can add also.

This skin i think is almost done. I smoothed out some graphics and feel pretty good with this one, i will always continue to updates all my skins constantly.

I think i will add a more simple effects slot with 2 basic knobs, that button is a little big (i designed it for touchpad users so they do not click on the wrong button) but i think after much use i dont think it would happen. Knobs work much better in smaller spaces then sliders would. Hopefully i can get them in and this update finished .... tonight, dare i say :)

I actually really like the button and the knobs would take up more room. I also never really liked controling a circular knob by moving the mouse in a straight line either. It just never felt natural to me. If you have the version that you showed above, that is what my vote would be for.

Please don't get me wrong, I appreciate that you are an artist and that there is an overall look that you want. But the effect sliders really come in handy as a visual aid for me so that I know what to expect when turning on an effect. With your permission, I can edit that part easiliy on my own and share it with Aubs, if you decide not to include them. I have a full version of CS3 and the skin tool. The pic that I supplied above was not a sample, it works for me right now and I really like it.

Also, Thanks for all the hard work man, the right skin really makes VDJ fell allot better. I do like the new default V6 skins better than the V5 skins, but there is no replacement for the passion and skill that skin masters such as yourself bring the the intercace of VDJ.

Posted Mon 29 Jun 09 @ 11:20 am
57%