Topic: Hercules RMX - Video Skin - Page: 5

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

has this been released yet?

looks good :)

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 11:16 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Yep

Posted Wed 25 Feb 09 @ 11:17 am
Might just be me being stupid lol but I've just applied the Hercules RMX skin and I can't find the settings to record a mix and things like that. I'm not sure if its coincidence or if its just because I have the LE edition that came with the RMX that means I don't get those features?

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 5:32 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
top of skin, left of vdj icon, see tab...

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 6:20 am
hmm, i don't have them options at the top.

I just have a more options button at the top right which tells me I can upgrade to pro :S.

I'm not at home at the mo but mine doesnt look like some of them screenshots, perhaps I'll SS and upload it? Might just be me being a noob. :p

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:16 pm
there are tabs to the left of the vdj icon when you open the rmx skin, open the first tab to the left matthew.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 12:33 pm
matthewwalker wrote :
hmm, i don't have them options at the top.

I just have a more options button at the top right which tells me I can upgrade to pro :S.

I'm not at home at the mo but mine doesnt look like some of them screenshots, perhaps I'll SS and upload it? Might just be me being a noob. :p

This isnt my skin you have on your system, sounds like the default Limited Edition Skin

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 3:10 pm

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 4:55 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry Mr. matthewwalker but you are a "Limited edition user" and only PRO user can change skins.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 4:58 pm
darn :(

Get Hercules RMX and then get VDJ too thinking I could have the matching skin, can't afford no upgrades :'( ah well, nice skin nevertheless.

Assume I can't record my sets either with this addition too? (Sorry thats off topic)

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 5:36 pm
You are correct - you would need Pro to be able to record.

Whilst i appreciate you cant afford an upgrade at this time - i understand there is an offer running where you can upgrade for lower price. Not sure how this works but it might be worth a look.

Once pro you gain access to Skins, Plugins, Video Effects, Sound Effects and much more - so think about it.

p.s. glad you liked the skin anyhow - sorry your unable to use it.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 09 @ 5:44 pm
You should also add the ability to crossfade the videos with the previews:)

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 12:35 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry this is off-topic again:

Hercules DJ Console RMX users can record sets if they download the update in the Download Center

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 4:51 am
Discob - i assume you mean by click the previews and the transition would start??

I love this feature and will be including it on all the windows based editions of skins (or at least including a button to be able to do so). The reason i forget is although i use the SKin Creator tool by JeremK (Windows) to do my skins. which can automatically add the transition to the preview window - the Video Trans function doest work on Mac which is where i do most of my testing. So therefore i dont notice whether or not i have missed it!!

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 6:27 am
Gotcha

Posted Fri 27 Feb 09 @ 2:11 pm
Dan,

Thanks for all your hard work! I just recently (FINALLY) got my RMX, and it is still in testing at this time...I don't really do "video" per se, but I will test the skin for karaoke and let you know how it goes. The skin is really cool-looking in the vids and I can't wait to use it!

I couldn't come up with any input because every time I'd think of something, it was already mentioned by my VIP mates, Jimmy b and Tayla :) I think that they pretty much had it covered from the start ;)

Anyway, it looks like we can expect great things from you, man!

DJ Doc

Posted Sun 01 Mar 09 @ 1:55 am
mmdjsauPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi fellow DJ's in VDJ land.

I am a newbie to VDJ and I have to say I have been following this post and Dan is just 'magic'. It's great to see someone having so much fun doing something they love and not getting any financial reward. I am based in Australia, I run 16 DJ's, I do audio, video and karaoke and have ordered my laptop to jump into the digital world (HP DV5-1139TX). I was procrastinating over which controller to get having considered VCI100, Omnicontrol and the RMX but now thanks to Dan's excellent work I think I will now go with the Hercules RMX as I like the fact it has anaolg inputs to hookup backup players.

I am really looking forward to getting into the digital world and am stoked at the level of support that can be obtained through this forum. I will upgrade to VDJ Pro as soon as I get the controller which I will have to order from US as it's currently not distributed by anyone in Australia as far as I can determine.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 09 @ 6:55 pm
the rmx is not the worlds greatest but for it's price range does a damn good job, and now with "magic Dans" skin paired up with it it certainly looks more the part when punters come a calling for requests...

Posted Wed 01 Apr 09 @ 3:35 am
"magic" - thanks very much.

Glad to know you like the skin - enjoy.

Posted Thu 02 Apr 09 @ 7:50 pm
HI, NEED HELP HERE PLEASE. A DJ i know installed this version of Virtual DJ to my laptop for my birthday and for a gift i got the Hercules Rmx pad, but soon after it came up with the message when i tried to open VDJ Invalid skin file, and someone on this website told me to uninstall it then reinstall it, i have uninstalled it, but now i don't know where to go to install it again. Help Please.

Thanks

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 8:33 am
96%