MIXER & EFFECTS
All mixer operations described in this chapter are performed via the device hardware.
However, the movement of all basic mixer elements is still visible in the VirtualDJ GUI.
Press multiple buttons simultaneously to send multiple Decks to Headphones at once.
Put the switchers to USB A or USB B position depending on which port you have connected your computer.
To adjust the parameters of the Echo effect please refer to Rane Four operation manual.
This knob will have no effect if the "SAMPLER TO DECK 4" function is active.
When Quantize is enabled, hotcues, loops and beatjumps will snap to the CBG of the track.
This chapter focuses on how to use Rane Four to control VirtualDJ effects.
It is not possible to use both hardware and software effects at the same time.
Quick EFFECTS operation guide:
- Press the HW/SW FW button to toggle between using hardware or software effects.
When the button is blue, hardware effects are operated. When the button is amber/orange software effects are operated.
- Press one of the six MAIN FX buttons to arm an effect for execution.
In software mode you can arm multiple effect slots simultaneously. When an effect slot is armed it's led will lit brightly.
- Move the JOYSTICK up or down to select the desired beats parameter for the selected effect(s). The beats parameter will be visible on main effects screen.
- Press one of the FX ASSIGN buttons to determine on which deck you're going to apply the selected effect(s).
You cannot apply an effect at both decks of the same controller side at the same time.
- Adjust the DEPTH knob to adjust the strength of the selected effect(s).
- Use the FX ON paddles to activate the selected effect(s.)
Move the paddles away from you to activate the effect(s) permanently. The paddles will latch to that position.
Pull the paddles towards you to activate the effect(s) momentarily.
- In order to select a different effect for a slot do the following:
- Press and hold down the MAIN FX button of the slot you want to change the effect.
- Turn the PARAMETER knob until you reach the desired effect for the slot.
- Release the MAIN FX button
The Color Effects of Rane Four are software effects.
When the knobs are placed in the middle position, no effect is applied.
When using hardware effects only one effect can be selected (armed) at each time.
When using software effects it is possible to select multiple effects at once.
Hold one of these buttons down and rotate the PARAMETER knob in order to select a new effect for the selected effect slot.
In hardware effects mode use this knob to adjust various parameters of the selected effect.
Effects can be applied only on one deck per each controller side at the same time.
Move the paddles away from you to activate the selected effect(s) permanently. The paddles will latch to that position.
Pull the paddles towards you to activate the selected effect(s) momentarily.
When hardware effects are selected the button will turn blue.
When software effects are selected the button will turn amber/orange.
The selected deck is shown on MAIN FX SCREEN by underlying the BPM of the left or right side.
To switch between the left and right side use the JOYSTICK.
Move the joystick right or left to select which side is used for taping.