- SEND RETURN. This section offers controls to an external FX process unit/application connected to the top USB port. Please consult Pioneer DJM-450 manual for further information. This section is not supported in VirtualDJ.
The Beat Effects section of the Pioneer DJM-450 is offering a variety of high-quality hardware beat-based effects that can be applied to any Mixer Channel, Master, Crossfader assigned sides and
The Effects that come with VirtualDJ can be applied to any of the Mixer Channels as well, using the corresponding Effect buttons from the GUI or an additional MIDI device and will be applied before the hardware effects.
The functionality of this section is briefly described below. Please refer to the Manual of the unit for a detailed description.
- LCD Displays the BPM value of the selected FX Assigned Channel and Time division information. Briefly displays the selected Hardware Effect and the selected FX Assign Channel.
- BEAT MULTIPLIER. Set the Beat fraction for synchronizing the Effect sound.
- BEAT TAP/AUTO. When the BPM measurement is set to TAP, the BPM is manually input by tapping the button. Long press the same button to switch between the Auto and Manual BPM measurement mode. Note that when VirtualDJ is operating, the BPM value will be send from the software.
- EFFECT SELECT. Select one of the available Beat Effects.
- EFFECT CHANNEL. Select the Channel on which the Beat Effect will be applied to.
- TIME. Adjust the Time parameter of the selected Beat Effect
- EFFECT LEVEL. Adjust the quantitative parameter of the selected Beat Effect.
- EFFECT ON/OFF. Turn the selected Beat Effect on/off.