Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: LAPTOP TEMPERATURE - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Did that already. No luck with 4 places so far. I'm going to keep checking. They say that my fan is a 60MM fan. I have a few posts about VDJ crashing after about 5 hrs. of use and now I think that it was because of the high temperature of my laptop. Due of course, to the defective fan.

Posted Sun 02 Jan 05 @ 4:15 pm
Heat was my worst enemy...at first i thought it was my computer since im still using p3 1.4 but once i cooled it down it is all good no crash since halloween, since 2.06.
Andre

Posted Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 7:11 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
60mm fans are pretty standard. Is there some weird mounting bracket or something causing you problems? Might have to buy a standard 60mm case fan and chop it down for proper mounting.

Posted Tue 04 Jan 05 @ 9:16 am
The problem is that the fan stopped working and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement. It was easy to get to, it's a 3 pin plug type of fan. I just can't find it anywhere. Every computer store that I visited so far only carry DESK TOP fans and nothing for LAPTOPS.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 12:48 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
A 60mm fan is huge, like 2.36" huge, something doesn't add up.

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 9:48 am
Dude!! how much can they charge to fix this at the shop?Seems to me this would be the best solution
at this point.Maybe they can fix the broken fan?
Andre

Posted Wed 05 Jan 05 @ 10:41 am
Whats up Shinobi16 did you fix your fan problem?
Andre

Posted Thu 06 Jan 05 @ 7:14 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What's the difference between a 60mm case fan and a 60mm laptop fan? Is your fan thinner or something?

I'm confused, but I hope you aren't passing over all the 60mm case fans in search of a 60mm laptop fan only to find they are one and the same.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 10:17 am
The problem is not fixed yet Andre. But I found the fan on e-bay. Take a look at item #6733012512. I hope I could win that auction. That's the fan I need and it's the same manufacturer as the defective one. There's about 4 of the same fans that I need on e-bay, hopefully I'll win one. Yesterday I took the laptop to a computer repair shop and believe it or not they didn't have a clue where to get the fan from. According to them, it is not a common fan. Not every 60mm fan is the same, the diameter is probably the same but the thickness and height make a huge difference. Also, the amount of screws that hold the fan in place makes a difference. This one is held by three screws. Only some models of HP PAVILIONS and COMPAQ PRESARIOS use that same fan. So to all you owners of this laptops, treat your laptops very gently and don't block your fans because if they break you're going to have a hard time finding a replacement, since the manufacturer no longer stocks the fan. I think mine stopped working after a baggage handler at JFK Airport here in N.Y. dropped my laptop bag this past summer. The bag was padded alright, but the computer parts inside are very sensitive. A laptop fan is thinner, otherwise you woudn't be able to afix the thin cover on the computer.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 11:55 pm
Next trip i suggest you carry on board the laptop......
Andre

Posted Sat 08 Jan 05 @ 2:45 am
I DID. It was the guy that carried the luggage from the terminal to my car.

Posted Sat 08 Jan 05 @ 2:53 pm
Lmao........ sorry!

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 2:34 am
I won the auction for the fan on e-bay. Can't wait to get it. I'll keep you updated.

Posted Sun 09 Jan 05 @ 5:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)