Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Titanium skin is ready - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

zanardPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Finally it is ended.
I have cured the particular, that Virtualdj it has a look professional.
You can see final image.

http://www.webalice.it/zanardini/

Features:
Dual screatch long and short
Real led and analog vu meter (no linear)
6 cue point
Pannel element for comment info and counter time
Jogwheel
Great lcd font ect. ect...

I hope that it is useful for all ^__^

Fabio.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 04 @ 10:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No link for your skin on the webpage ?!?

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 4:53 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
clax: it shouldn't be anyways, the policy of vdj doesn't allow that. Guess will just have to wait for it in add-ons section.

fabio: gr8 work, really can't wait to test it!

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 7:22 am
Oups I just wanted to say on YOUR website.
Sorry for the mistake.

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 4:48 pm
NEW INFO

Characteristics: I have created a double quantity screatch - along and one short, to satisfy the lovers this.

To the center of the player I have put 2 keys (blue with 3 arrows) that it creates a vibrated effect ahead and behind, not bad, if this comes fastly pressed more times.

A second function important for me, is the possibility of fastly moves crossfader on the left center and the right; this has been made.

They are engaged to me to realize led and, for before the time, an analogic VU without to use the function "linear" little realistic, but using command "custom", sure better VU meter.

The new function "pannel" is order to create a pannel info and for giving to space to counter Time and comments.

I have find to web a font not bad that recreates the classic led digital of the several one well cddj, since the font of base it is enough painful.

With regard to this will be fundamental to copy the font lcdn.ttf that you will find in zip file, in c:windows fonts, before loading Virtualdj.

An all giving look graphical professional, since Virtualdj deserves it, being without the better program than mixing in circulation.

Thanks to all.
Fabio.
Sorry for bad English.....

Posted Tue 07 Sep 04 @ 10:40 pm
When does this skin be available ?

Posted Fri 10 Sep 04 @ 7:16 pm
Can't wait!!!!!!!!!1

Posted Sat 11 Sep 04 @ 3:42 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Hey zenard,

can you e-mail a copy of this skin? I want to give it a try, my email is in my profile.

Thanks,
Cyder

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 9:05 pm
There's a link on his page at the top... "Download SpeedMix 80'"

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 9:49 pm
macourteau: true, there is a link, but that's a MIX (mp3), not a skin ;)

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 10:29 pm
Oh... I thought it was the skin lol (didn't try the link...)

Posted Mon 13 Sep 04 @ 11:45 pm
ok ... ready... but when !!! I can't wait !

Posted Tue 14 Sep 04 @ 10:47 am
Still some day...
I must arrange some errors.
Patience.
Is worth the pain....
Fabio.

Posted Tue 14 Sep 04 @ 6:33 pm
Hi!

First of all, thanks for coming up with new and innovative skins. I tried it and here are my thoughts...

Things I like:
- I really like the visuals for each player (except for the black areas around the player).
- You also have some skin-features I haven't thought of having in my own skins.
- Good use of pannels

But here come the things I did not like:
- Poor coloring of active vs. playing disc. (Color on player should be the same as in the rhythm window.)
- A lot of buttons and visuals with no function
- 5 different (+2 combined) beat-visuals
- A lot of extra graphics... eg "rec", "Stereo Aux Return", "16
channel mic/line mixer", "rev Reload zoom", "with premium xdr mix preamplifiers", "main mix to subs",.. etc that just take up space in my opinion and clutters up the skin.
- browser-window too small... sample-sliders on top of other buttons.

At first glance, the skin looks very complicated, and after using it an hour, I still feel the same way. In my opinion the skin would look better if all the extra graphics were removed/reduced. It would give the skin a much cleaner look and a more user-friendly interface, like your previous skin. I know some people want the look and feel of real dj-equipment on their screens, which I can understand. But in my opinion, this skin tries to hard to resemble real equipment with all its extra graphics (logos, screws, text,.. don't be afraid of editing the graphics that you copy from real dj-equipment.) I spent too much of the time wondering... "is that a button or not." It almost looks like a cockpit of a plane, and you need a mix-license to use this thing. But this of course, would change after using the skin for more than an hour. :)

Now these are just my opinions. I'm sure there are plenty of people who disagree with me. So do as you wish with my review.

But keep skinning!

- Jim Nordic

Posted Wed 15 Sep 04 @ 9:35 pm
I thought it was TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Zanard....

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 1:43 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Upon first glance the skin is very appealing, But after attempting to actually use the skin I would have to agree with Jim Nordic. Although it has some nice touches and graphics, I don't see it as useable or as proffesional as the image betrays...

Even so it's a good skin, you can't please everyone :)

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 1:54 am
Very nice skin.
Useful for me ... except for the scratch zone. Sometimes that I try to scratch with mous, I click on the middle zone (between the 2 scratch zones) and the graph moves!

The wave display i a bit small but the skin design is very nice.

Good job

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 3:43 am
A very nice looking skin we all expected hardly. But I also must agree with Jim and Bagpuss. It does look a bit complicated, and even though I love things being complicated, I still don't find this skin very user friendly. Most of the reasons were already described by Jim, and I agree with clax that a scratch zone is really hard to handle (well, should practise a lot), so I'll just say that you did a great job using pannels and visual "feel", but you really shold think about making the commands more clear, noticable. Oh, and try making a grabzone, there are a few non-fullscreen users around :P

So for now, I'm with JN-BLACK ;)

Good work Fabio!

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 7:18 am
DJRobyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thank you Fabio!!!!

This is by far the best skin ive seen on VDJ. I like everything about it its very good. This is the only skin that I choose to use now. I also like your mix on your webpage. Do you have any more mixes you made, I would like to hear them. Feel free to email them to me.

6 un mito veramente!!

alla grande

Roby

Posted Thu 16 Sep 04 @ 2:36 pm
Thanks jim for your suggestions.
I have still much job to make.....
Become account of the confusion....
Thanks for all.
Fabio.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 5:38 am
69%