Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: WINAMP advanced visualization studio FOR VDJ - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I wouldnt have a clue how to make plugins for VDJ, but I have had a good idea for somone that does know to. Some how use the advanced visualization studio that WINAMP comes with for the video in VDJ (make an AVS plugin for VDJ).
As I think that the visuals that AVS produces are VERY NICE and you can easly make you OWN !!! Some of the other visual plugins for WINAMP are pretty good 2 !

So if somone knows what there doing check them out !!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^ DONT THEY LOOK WICKED, THOSE ON A BIG SREEN !!!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ AND THERE IS HUNDREDS OF THEM !

Posted Sun 19 Nov 06 @ 11:07 pm
sure thing mate visual plugins for winamp are definitely better that those working with sonique.

hope that the dev team would include that in the next version :)

Posted Mon 20 Nov 06 @ 7:58 am
Anyone ! ! I cant wait, and im to dense to work it out my self, Im A THINKER !

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Posted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 5:20 am
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This plugin is quite heavy for the CPU. Milkdrop would be faster.

Posted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 10:13 pm
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

Posted Thu 23 Nov 06 @ 11:57 pm
the top 2 pics are screenshots from milkdrop, you can easly make your own with AVS, should just do them all . lol :-) like in WINAMP, how it has a list with all plugins and you start/stop wich ever 1 you want to use.......

Posted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 12:28 am
I figured out how to get winamp pickup audio from VDJ so you can have Milkdrop/other Winamp Vis Plugs work. Simpy go to recording in VDJ select broadcast and use winamp to connect localy to the Shoutcast Server. The only thing I would like to see though is when I change the song in VDJ to have it show up in Winamp/Milkdrop...

Posted Mon 11 Dec 06 @ 10:43 pm
We know what, but you need to run Winamp.

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 3:57 pm
do milkdrop plugins use less CPU power than the sonique ones in VDJ?

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:29 pm
ethan_hines wrote :
I figured out how to get winamp pickup audio from VDJ so you can have Milkdrop/other Winamp Vis Plugs work. Simpy go to recording in VDJ select broadcast and use winamp to connect localy to the Shoutcast Server. The only thing I would like to see though is when I change the song in VDJ to have it show up in Winamp/Milkdrop...

Yes that does work, but my Idea is to have AVS as a "stand alone" plugin, so it could be loaded into the effects/video window, while mixing ! that way we could wip up a new visual or edit 1 on the fly, Change a setting ect without using excces CPU power or changing screens (simalar to WINAMP how it pops up in a new window & has the dock/undocking feature for previewing)

ChrisB

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:35 pm
andytaylor125 wrote :
do milkdrop plugins use less CPU power than the sonique ones in VDJ?

Dont know really......... But better "GRAPHIC'S" normally mean more CPU/GPU usage !!!

ChrisB

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:39 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
more ;)
as more is generated on screen

Posted Tue 12 Dec 06 @ 4:50 pm
thanks, might have to upgrad my computer if this gets implemented then!!! :)

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 12:34 pm
depends what is ur spec?

Posted Wed 13 Dec 06 @ 12:42 pm
i've got a laptop with a centrino 1.82GHz processor, 1Gig of RAM and an ATI x300 video card (128Meg dedicated memory). The VDJ visualisations seems to make the processor go a long way up at the mo, so i'm not holding my breath for anything better working smoothly! :)

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 10:41 am
To be honest, what i really fancy is being able to play slient video clips when your not playing a music video, that way you could record the milkdrop plugins or rip one of those dvds with visuals on (or anything infact!) and have that play, look really cool and not use up too much CPU power!

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 10:48 am
Even if this looks interesting, I don't agree about using video plugins for normal DJing on the same computer. You will loose very much CPU, even if it doesn't look so. Trust me, it's better to have an optimised WInXP on another partition and use only VirtualDJ than having two thousands processes running at the same time... With my computer (see by blog) I have a CPU dropout even with the fully optimised WinXP when running video plugins (on plain music) - and my PC is powerful enough...

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 11:49 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
i've got a laptop with a centrino 1.82GHz processor, 1Gig of RAM and an ATI x300 video card (128Meg dedicated memory). The VDJ visualisations seems to make the processor go a long way up at the mo, so i'm not holding my breath for anything better working smoothly! :)

i recon it could just about manage it

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 12:20 pm
would be nice if it did, ;)

now all we need is somebody to have a go at making a plugin to make them work in VDJ!

Any volenteers? 8)

Posted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 6:17 pm
how do you use the milkdrop visuals in vdj? I tried messing around with stuff but no luck, thanks in advance.

Posted Thu 01 Mar 07 @ 12:48 pm
54%