Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cueing of songs - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I have downloaded VDJ 2 onto my laptop...how do I play whats coming out of channel 1 live....and then cue Channel 2 seperately...do I need 2 sound cards.My intention is to operate as you would in a true mixing desk.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 7:51 pm
yes... u need a dual soundcard :)

there are many good usb dual-soundcards that work great in a laptop setup.
soundblaster got a couple, and also Hercules and XP10 are dual usb soundcards (and vdj controller)

so, consider if u just want the soundcard (soundblaster or other brand) or if u want a controller w/soundcard solution (xp10 or hercules)

;)

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 8:00 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You do not need 2 sound cards. This can be done with a single stereo sound card, and a stereo splitter.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 8:19 pm
If I get this stereo splitter..will I be able to achive this...how does it work????

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 8:25 pm
The splitter has a stereo mini jack on one end. This end plugs into your sound card output.
The other end is 2 rca connectors.
If you are using a mixer, go to the sound configuration and chose single sound card/mixer.
Now plug the 2 rca connectors into 2 seperate channels on your mixer. Use the headphone output on the mixer.
If you want to use just speakers and a headphone, in the sound configuration, select the single sound card/speaker & headphone configuration. You'll need to purchase the proper adapters to connect one of the rca connectors to your speakers, and the other to your headphones.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 8:50 pm
DJ Rick and Coyote..followed your instructions on the sound card and splitter.

I have the stereo splitter with 2 outputs...1 goes to headphones and the other stereo jack to rcas whcih goes to my amplifier.

However when playing deck one....deck two on cue still feeds through....I have tried all the options in the confirguations but it still bleeds through.

Any suggestions...

Posted Fri 23 Jul 04 @ 5:38 pm
Attention...posted this message last night...no response...please help.

DJ Rick and Coyote..followed your instructions on the sound card and splitter.

I have the stereo splitter with 2 outputs...1 goes to headphones and the other stereo jack to rcas whcih goes to my amplifier.

However when playing deck one....deck two on cue still feeds through....I have tried all the options in the configurations but it still bleeds through.

Any suggestions...

Posted Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 10:22 am
check to be sure that your windows sound settings are set for stereo headphones, with no reverb, or fake 3d, or surround enabled.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 2:49 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i think whats going on is that u have a stereo spliter what u need is a splitter for L and R channels ..... if ur gonna use one soundcard and a stereo splitter --only plug in either left or right channel to your power amp not both the key word here is not both. Find which channel is the Master Output and thats the plug that will be going to the amplifier
for head phones either l or r will be your cue side so just keep one side on your ear if ur using a mono dj headphone that turns the stereo into mono i suggest u buy stereo headphones ( the one sided dj headphone merges L and R singals this is fine if your using reg. Dj mixer they have seperate outs for headphones and line but not for what ur doing adding L/R will defeat the purpose of seperating the channels and send cue singals through Master I have one card and do it this way so if u have a question e mail me)

Posted Sat 24 Jul 04 @ 7:49 pm
stereo splitter....hum...really??
that would be mono sound ? right ?

not trying to argue here, but mono sound for music? really?

i would never have done that, dual soundcard or 2 soundcards is the only solution for me :)

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 1:14 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Been using stereo splitter since the begining. I think most clubs set up usually splits the sound down to mono anyways. Stereo is not optimum for a club.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 9:28 am
I work in bars and clubs 3-4 nights every week. Been delivering Mono sound via a stereo splitter for years. Every now and then I'll use a usb audio device just to try it, but the sound is essentially the same. Like Homer said, the speaker configuration in most places makes stereo non useable, or at least non-essential.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 12:30 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
yeah i gave up on stereo for clubs and bars years ago i rather have mono where all the speakers stay at the same volume rather than back and forth unless im home then it's 7.1 or 5.1 ;)

Posted Sun 25 Jul 04 @ 11:04 pm
hum.. sorry guys.. have to give u right on this! ;) true.. many many bars and clubs have mono sound..

and, hum... you all might be right, it might just be better for club use, thats probably the reason for being mono in the first place :) lol.. learn something every day... lol :)

Posted Mon 26 Jul 04 @ 12:33 am
Can i use a "ozone"usb audio/midi workstation as
my secound sound card for monitoring?how do i connect?

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 7:06 pm
If your card is plugged in your computer, and properly configured, all you have to do is configure VirtualDJ properly to output the mix on your first soundcard, and the monitor sound on the 2nd card.

In VirtualDJ, go to the "Sound Cards" tab, and the choose the icon where you see 2 sound cards, with a speaker connected to one sound card, and headphones to the other (that's the 4th image), and then you set "Sound Card" to the card that will output the mix, and "Sound Card 2" to your monitor sound card.

Hope this helps,

macourteau

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 7:13 pm
How do i assign left deck to left channel etc ?
I have a splitter but it leaks i cannot get true L or R ?
also i think i might have 2 sound cards on my thinkpad
how do i find this?Hello help !!!!!

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 7:13 pm
What a difference from spicing tape all day
on a revox to make a 10 min multimix this software is awsome
How do i load longer beat loops in the sampler?

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 7:18 pm
Merci macourteau:)

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 7:37 pm
What is the difference between virtual dj and console?

Posted Tue 03 Aug 04 @ 8:20 pm
63%