Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 crashing [solved]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I updated to 4.1, now VDJ is crashing again... I start a track, it plays for a good 30 seconds or so, then gets stuck on one note, going ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, very loudly and annoyingly, much as I have typed it here, until I turn down the volume... Then I have to do ctrl-alt-del and end program to stop it... Any suggestions?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 12:08 am
Update: I uninstalled it, then reinstalled 4.0, and same problem is occurring! What is going on here? Does the auto uninstall really set things back to the way they were? Or has something new come up coincidentally at the exact same time that I updated to 4.1? Everything was working perfectly, and now it fails every single time. I tried various performance settings, it crashes the same way every time, no matter what. Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 1:14 am
that sounds really weird...

Can you try reinstall the audio drivers for your soundcard?
And check your directX install, that its not corrupted?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 1:25 am
I was just thinking the same thing :) I'm gonna try and reinstall the audio drivers, could be a soundcard thing, we'll see... Keep ya posted, thanx ;)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 1:30 am
Damn it, no, reinstalling the soundcard drivers did not help. Now I've tried the following:

- Set performance to lowest setting
- Uninstalled VDJ completely, then installed 4.0 again
- Updated to v 4.1
- Reinstalled soundcard drivers
- Ran Adaware to look for trouble
- Disabled all auto-startup applications

Every one of these things has resulted in the same thing: Crash. Fast. Loud. Crash... Loud buzzing sound, intense, blowing out my ear drums, reminding me once again that I can't use my turntables anymore...

Hmmm, so yeah, annoying... Anyone have any clue what went so suddenly so very wrong with VDJ on my computer?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 2:15 am
Stop using a cracked version...
And no need to panic yet, there is always PCDJ.... lol ;)

Just kidding.. hehe

hmmm.. If you changed some settings after installing 4.1, these changes are saved to registry.
So going back to 4.0 can keep the (problem) settings.

So, what are they?

What soundcard are you using? If you're running asio, try AUTO for latency in the VDJ performance tab.

And, can you recall any changes you did after installing 4.1 that might have given some values to registry ?

Anyways, a HARD uninstall (deleting registry values) will fix, so dont panic yet ;)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 2:34 am
Gotta go to bed.. but if you wanna try the hard uninstall of VDJ (removing all values in registry), uninstall VDJ, then do this:

in Windows:
start >> run >> regedit.exe

Go to :
hkey_current_user >> Software >> VirtualDJ.

Delete the whole VirtualDJ folder ....

Then reboot PC, and do a clean install of VDJ.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 2:43 am
By golly I think you've got it mr norway!! Wow...

I deleted all the old VDJ files as you described, reinstalled, and everything is perfect! So far anyway... Survived an hour-long mix with no crashing anyway :)

Thanks!

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 3:51 am
I could've told you that. Go to sleep Norway, let us earn some stars. :)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 4:22 am
Did you reinstall to version 4.1 or 4.0?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 4:44 am
She only likes it when I do the hard install. I have to go to bed now, also.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 9:14 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 10:17 am
LOL @ A Man

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 11:06 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
She only likes it when I do the hard install. I have to go to bed now, also.
^A Man and His Music is a pervert. :)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 12:46 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Rick,
You were NEVER this funny on the Visio boards, glad ur here mon.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 3:06 pm
Haha... I reinstalled to 4.0, then upgraded to 4.1 -- after clearing the registry, etc.... And yeah, perfect! Can't thank you guys enough for the support here... Was just starting to contemplate giving up the TCV's and moving on to CDJ's to avoid PC-dependence... But not yet! No need :)

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 4:02 pm
I was releaved to receive 4.1 and gave it a go. i also noticed the freezes after some while (just like Poloralphloren) everything keeps working... the sliders, the knobs everything.. except the music stops spinning!

a simpler solution is this: in de performance-tab, uncheck the 'overclock' function. that's the cause of the freezes.

at least... that helpt me.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 4:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"overclock" is to optimize some laptops so maybe it's not compatible with some

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 4:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)