Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Version 4.1... Thankyou, Thankyou, Thankyou!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well I've installed Version 4.1, and all I can say is Thankyou!! The mods to the video engine are awesome, and very well thought out, Right down to the new "Show while no video present" option, that holds the plugin activity while the deck is not playing, so it can load properly and not bog down the system while no one can see it.

The selected plugin appears in the "MP3'd" deck, so you can use your normal transition, into the plugin, just like a video. But it does not apply a transition again, ie from a plugin, to a plugin, until you load another video, the it applies the transition back out of the transition, into the video. After all no one wants to see a transition from sonique to the same sonique plugin! Well done!

Sound side of things are better now too with a 6.1 sound option added, that seems quite happy to run on my 5.1 card (That strangely really has 3 stereo outputs!) Now Sampler goes to its own channels (3/4 for me) with no sample to quiet issues like befor because the sample was split accross both 1/2 and 3/4.

Seen as it's customary to add a gripe, mine would have to be the fact that my DAC2 plugin no longer works with this version. Adding it to the "External devices" (Like i did by accident when 4.0 first came out!) now shows it in the "External Devices" pannel of effects, but with no way of activating it.
I would love someone to tell me what I have to do to the plugin to make it work with 4.1 =D

Also can somone confirm or not if you will have to reactivate your "External" Device" everytime you load VDJ, or will it remember it's last settings?

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 6:00 am
You are right, there is limited functions with the DAC controllers. We have some mappers locked in dungeons, at this very moment, working non-stop. We had to let one go, because he liked the whippings. I have a DAC 3, so I am taking my turn whipping them also.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 8:21 am
(where do I line up for a whipping!?)

I wrote my own DAC2 plugin, with lots of help from JPBoggis, I just need someone in the know to tell me what I have to do to the old code, to make it work with 4.1.

Posted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 12:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)