Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How to use Show logo plug in - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can somebody explain how the Showlogo plugin works?
Where do I have to put my logo?
What's the extension? BMP, JPEG, GIF
Can I select the position to place the logo on the screen?

I See the plug in in my video effects folder but nothing happens, no selection options

Have downloaded and re-installed latest directx 9c

Wow, only just noticed *** wow, 3 stars, VDJ thanks for this wonderfull product.

Thanks

Posted Thu 21 Sep 06 @ 10:36 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
did you get it working? all i did was install the redist. aug. 2006 direct x

Posted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 10:05 pm
You can put the images anywhere. After going into effects, then video effects, click open, select the folder your images are in, then the chosen image, and click ok. If yo click activate at that point the logo should appear in the bottom right corner, use the four sliders to move the top, left, bottom, right and bottom edges of your image. This allows you to both change the size AND location of your image. Settings are remembered on restart too.

Posted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 8:18 am
It's an awsome plugin make sure everyone thanks Dj Cel for it

Posted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 9:05 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes Thanks Dj CEL lol!

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 1:06 am
Well I'm quite sure DJ CEL did a great job, no doubts on that.
But for me it isn't yet working, I can't even select where the logo is located?
According the DXdiag.exe program I'm having the latest directx 9.c redist from aug 2006.

So I'm overlooking something but can't imagine what it is.

Posted Sun 24 Sep 06 @ 8:30 pm
so you get nothing at all when u go to the plugin? no levels or anything?
sometimes the open box for the file hides behind the virtualdj program, so minimize VDj after u select on open, just in case it hid behind VDJ

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 12:33 am
phillydj wrote :
so you get nothing at all when u go to the plugin? no levels or anything?
sometimes the open box for the file hides behind the virtualdj program, so minimize VDj after u select on open, just in case it hid behind VDJ

Funnily enough, I've noticed this lately, something needs a little tweak somewhere. If you use anything that needs you to select a file, ie the sampler, you click on 'load' the browse window opens briefly and then disappears behind VDJ, something in VDJ is stealing the focus. Can it be fixed?

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 2:02 am
The Dev team is aware of it, I'm sure they'll get on it. Theres just more pressing issues to take care of first.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 5:17 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
HWND for OpenFile():
Already corrected but not uploaded yet ;-)

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 11:02 am
Hmm, how about a stay open window, so you can change settings all night without having to go back through effects. Mainly so you can use it for advertising.

Posted Mon 25 Sep 06 @ 1:40 pm
Thanks for the tips, but yet no result, I also checked VideoRotation & PictureRotation also for these plugins nothing is selectable so I guess I'm missing some files.
Will try it on my laptop and see what result I have there.

Screenshot from my desktop.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 9:25 pm
If you don't see the dll, it's a conflict between your Windows and my compilator. However as i have compilated them with Visual C++ 2003, it should work.

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 10:02 pm
OK, got it working on my laptop.
Now took DX install file from laptop, instaklled it on desktop, started VDJ and yes, it is working on my desktop as well.
Seems the dutch DX9 file wasn't the correct one.
Sorry, must have done this earlier.

Anyhow thanks for your feedback and help.

Wow what a wonderfull functionality, having my own logo on the screen.
DJ CEL You made my life happy.

Regards

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 10:30 pm
I have added the transparency in the new version but i have to correct a bug causing a crash first. I hope soon available

Posted Tue 26 Sep 06 @ 11:13 pm
Awesome, ThankYou!

Hmm, is the crash also in the current version, should I stop using it till you sort the crash out.

Posted Wed 27 Sep 06 @ 3:48 am
don't worry : i won't release something not stable ;-)

so you can use the new version 1.1 without problem

Posted Fri 29 Sep 06 @ 11:05 pm
Just udated to 1.1 looks great!! well done! One note and a question, With the transparency setting, is there a way of just removing a colour, like black or white, not the entire logo. I can run with the effect on the entire logo anyway, as black almost vanishes anyway, sortof leaving the rest of the logo, but the edge of the black is still visable. If it's easy do do, and lightish on the CPU it may be an idea for further down the line. Perhaps even with support for GIF with a tranparent background. (Hmmm, wonder what happens if I try that now?)

Also on first run, it wouldn't load any logos, and found that it was becaue the video engine was disabled, on just pressing activate (And that starts the engine) then selecting a logo, they then all worked. I don't think this is connected to my other "no load" issue as that was midway through the night, and the video engine was runing for a few hours every time the plugin refused to load the images.

PS, Just tried the GIF with transparent background, unable to load! no harm in trying!

Posted Sat 30 Sep 06 @ 12:25 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am just getting into the showlogo plugin. Reading unfortunately did not help me.
Are you supposed to make a logo in another pgm first and import it to VDJ?
ALso after dnldg the plugin, are you supposed to dbl click on the icon to open/ extract it?
If so it does not exract. Can anyone assist??

Posted Wed 18 Oct 06 @ 9:03 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Found answer.

Posted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 7:47 pm
61%