Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4.1 release - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ 4 has been decent for me, and has resolved most of the big issues with 3.4. There are some significant issues I have with it though, as far as stability goes:

1. Turning Video FX (especially sonique visualizations) on or off causes a program crash about 1/3 of the time. Sadly, I have had to stop using visualizations, and instead switch to a DVD player running ambient video. I can live with this... for now.

2. On a couple of occasions I've had a deck not want to play audio through it, and have had to restart the program to get it working again. Weird, and rare problem.

3. Some computers I use have poor audio with V4 - by this I mean that you can't entirely get rid of all the pops and crackles. Perhaps it doesn't get along with M-Audio cards? It's tough to hear it on a noisy dancefloor, and is tolerable, but it sure annoys me when listening to it with headphones in a quiet room.

If these things are fixed, then the dev team can hopefully start enhancing the program and adding new features. But basically, as long as I don't use visualizations, things work pretty good. I can work around (or tolerate) the other things for now, since there really isn't a better option, in my opinion.

Posted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 2:47 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)